Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

The joke is on Pardew as I think most would agree he actual picked the right line-up and tactics yesterday for 1st time in ages.  Yet it's overshadowed by his brain fart.

We just have very different definitions of a headbutt. As I said, what Pardew did was wrong and very stupid in the same way Remy was. Talk of hurting the player, ffs! :lol: It was closer to sexual assault than physical.

Pardew nutted the player even if the outcome wasn't damaging and managers don't go around nutting players.  I don't know how anybody can compare what players do with what managers do, they aren't the same. 

We just have very different definitions of a headbutt. As I said, what Pardew did was wrong and very stupid in the same way Remy was. Talk of hurting the player, ffs! :lol: It was closer to sexual assault than physical.

Pardew nutted the player even if the outcome wasn't damaging and managers don't go around nutting players.  I don't know how anybody can compare what players do with what managers do, they aren't the same. 

Sorry I only brought up Remy as the "headbutts" were equally blown out of proportion but stupid none the less.

I am surprised someone who has followed football for as many years as you have doesn't find the reaction to these incidents so absolutely ridiculous. We all know a player or manager just can't do that so deserve the consequences but you must surely find the aftermath completely over the top?

It was a very stupid thing to do but as usual in football (not just us) there has been a massive overreaction to it. My lass headbutted me about 4 times harder this morning re-enacting it but I haven't filed a police report or requested a restraining order yet, probably won't even make the local papers.

Our manager head-butted a player in front of a global audience, I don't see how it's an over reaction.  Your lass has done the same thing to you today re-enacting what happened.  Pardew wasn't re-enacting anything, he stuck his header on an opposition player during a game of football when he lost control and he's probably lucky that he hasn't connected more and hurt the player.  The Hull player pushed Pardew but that shouldn't have been enough to cause the reaction and Pardew should have probably got out of the players way instead of being a prick and trying to slow down the throw-in.

I don't think I've ever seen anything like it and we would be going ape-shit if Bruce has done that to one of our players.  The bloke is an embarrassment to the club and he shouldn't be working for the club today after dragging our name through the mud like no manager before him.

You must have missed Tony Galvin throwing a bucket and a bench seat at the Derby bench and being restrained by Ossie Ardiles when he was manager here, or Arthur Cox going hammer and tongs in the Carlisle dugout with Bob Stokoe.

It's nothing new and only newsworthy these days due to 24 hour news and sport tv.

Sorry I only brought up Remy as the "headbutts" were equally blown out of proportion but stupid none the less.

I am surprised someone who has followed football for as many years as you have doesn't find the reaction to these incidents so absolutely ridiculous. We all know a player or manager just can't do that so deserve the consequences but you must surely find the aftermath completely over the top?

My reaction is that our clubs name has been dragged through the mud again, this time because of what our manager has done.  The reaction from others is to be expected because of the global audience and people looking at players and managers as role models, rightly or wrongly.  I'm a nobody but I'm sure I would be all over the news if I was captured on film nutting somebody at a football match.

I can't believe anyone doesn't think the reaction is massively over the top TBH.

Yeah, only way I'm ok with it is because I dislike Pardew and any pressure on him is good from my opinion but some of the reactions have been as if he's caused grievous bodily harm or something. I dislike people in the media saying things like somebody should be sacked. Seems wrong and should be left to the employers not pundits like Robbie fucking Savage.

Also pretty disgusting from a company like the BBC not doing a single piece of analysis on the the actual football.

Nothing much has really happened this weekend, so it's hardly surprising that a football manager nutting a player is going to receive a fair bit of critique. I agree that people in the media shouldn't be calling for him to be fired like, it's got fuck all to do with them.

You must have missed Tony Galvin throwing a bucket and a bench seat at the Derby bench and being restrained by Ossie Ardiles when he was manager here, or Arthur Cox going hammer and tongs in the Carlisle dugout with Bob Stokoe.

It's nothing new and only newsworthy these days due to 24 hour news and sport tv.

I must have missed those because I don't remember either.

Haven't caught much of the reaction yet so can't really comment whether it's been OTT, did catch MOTD though and the point about discipline is valid.  Coincidentally (or not) our discipline under Pardew has been appalling at times and it's no wonder when the coaching staff are acting like radgies on the touchline so frequently.  As for the fierceness/exposure of the debate we all know how the media deal with this stuff now (Suarez, Terry, Anelka, etc - you could even go back to Cantona) and this incident is pretty unprecedented so everyone will have an opinion on it.

In short, if you don't want to have your behaviour debated in newspapers, on TV, on radio, etc, then diven't headbutt people you fucking daft cunt. :lol:

Why are so people talking about this 'shine'  being taken away from our win? 

What f***ing shine?  Goes to show how high our f***ing expectations have become.  Beating f***ing Hull is now considered a f***ing 'shine'.

Come off it, we played well, scored four away from home for the first time in ages and won. And barely anyone's talking about it.

Other than our own fans, you expect people to talk about us beating Hull? 

You're talking about Hull as if beating them is a formality ???  They're a Premier League side and were playing at home..  Also we didn't just win we won 4-1 for f*** sake, its an excellent result worthy of a lot of praise.

No one said it's a formality, I'm just trying to say no one really gives a shit that we beat Hull 4-1 other than us and Hull fans.  Means sod all in the grander scheme of things in the Prem. 

Guest neesy111

There's little of no precedent of this happening, so how can anyone guess what the reaction would/should be?

Couple of facts:

- Incidents like that are always described as headbutts when players do it. 

- The media are always all over any contentious incidents in football and will debate them to death, particularly if they're unusual or in this case unprecedented.

If you can't acknowledge the above and accept it then you want Pardew to be given special treatment compared to anyone else, for some reason.

Couple of facts:

- Incidents like that are always described as headbutts when players do it. 

- The media are always all over any contentious incidents in football and will debate them to death, particularly if they're unusual or in this case unprecedented.

If you can't acknowledge the above and accept it then you want Pardew to be given special treatment compared to anyone else, for some reason.

To be honest I'm gutted that Meyler didn't fall down rolling around the floor.  Would had made the incident even bigger, and maybe just maybe it would had forced the fat controller to pull the trigger on Pardew.

Oh the fantasy.