Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Perch, Williamson and Best are the only players who I'd say have improved to any sort of level. They're extremely limited players, given extremely limited roles by an extremely limited manager, and they've flourished now and again. That does sound unduly harsh on the players because all three of those have put in maximum effort for us and have done well at times, and you can't say fairer than that. But in the context of critiquing the manager, it speaks volumes.

Give him any player that's vaguely dynamic and suited to a system that isn't a jurassic 4-4-2, they'll falter or eventually fail - as so many have done. If only because they're asked to play out of position time and again, before you even consider systems/motivation/continuity/confidence.

It's barely even worth studying tbh. Virtually every player has regressed under his stewardship because (and not to completely absolve the players of any blame) he's not the right sort of manager for a squad like this a terrible manager.

Krul's much better than he was 4 years back.

He reached a height and has since regressed. You can't argue with that, surely?

Sure he improved but I think in last two seasons he has regressed significantly. His kicking is absolutely horrendous and quite dubious at times with some goals he has let in.

Spot on. Pardew is utterly clueless how to coach players with genuine ability and craft anything remotely related to tactics to get the best of of those players. It's a complete double whammy with individual coaching and the team set up.

Sure he improved but I think in last two seasons he has regressed significantly. His kicking is absolutely horrendous and quite dubious at times with some goals he has let in.

His kicking has always been crap. Criminal that it isn't being worked on.

His kicking has always been crap. Criminal that it isn't being worked on.

Seems to have been the case with all our keepers in last 10 years, Given and Harper awful at kicking also.

Spot on. Pardew is utterly clueless how to coach players with genuine ability and craft anything remotely related to tactics to get the best of of those players. It's a complete double whammy with individual coaching and the team set up.

That's it. The point is, there's still no ethos or philosophy at the club. Of those that played at the weekend, Krul, Coloccini, Williamson, Tiote and Ben Arfa have been at the club since he arrived, over three years ago. Santon, Cisse, Anita have all been there a year and a half/two years.

And yet still, he hasn't worked out a way to implement a philosophy that 'makes us know how to score', or whatever cunty tripe he came out with post-game.

The guy's a fraud and it is no wonder players regress underneath him. He makes it up as he goes along.

What bothers me is the fact that none of the players have a bad word to say about him. They're happy to get paid and not improve.

Stinks of a lack of leadership in the squad. No coincidence the two natural leaders were sacked off 3 years back and the armband was given to the meekest of the lot.

That's it. The point is, there's still no ethos or philosophy at the club. Of those that played at the weekend, Krul, Coloccini, Williamson, Tiote and Ben Arfa have been at the club since he arrived, over three years ago. Santon, Cisse, Anita have all been there a year and a half/two years.

And yet still, he hasn't worked out a way to implement a philosophy that 'makes us know how to score', or whatever cunty tripe he came out with post-game.

The guy's a fraud and it is no wonder players regress underneath him. He makes it up as he goes along.

You can tell the players are not coached and their is no style, he has no idea whatsoever. He needs to play a 4-3-3 with the players he has (Sissoko right of mid 3 and Gouffran Left of front 3) Which may give us half a chance of causing teams issues but it's not just formation, he doesn't know how to get us to play at a high tempo, pressure teams, control the game, recover when we slip up, drive at teams, open up space, movement off the ball, cross the ball, have more than 1 player in the box. We should have the players to at least cause every team in this league a few issues whether we win or not and most the time we just whimper and barely carve out a single chance in 90 minutes. 3 in midfield would be our best option but he has decided 4-4-2 (Why is this formation still allowed to exist in todays game) is our best option, however playing it with no natural wide men and 2 defensive midfielders - oh and 2 full backs (Mbiwa, Dummet) that are not capable of overlapping to great effect.

So based on that, how does the cunt expect us to actually score goals given we have no pace up front, no trickery or crossing ability out wide and nobody attacking through the centre.

What bothers me is the fact that none of the players have a bad word to say about him. They're happy to get paid and not improve.

Stinks of a lack of leadership in the squad. No coincidence the two natural leaders were sacked off 3 years back and the armband was given to the meekest of the lot.

I actually think Tiote has been the best captain this season for us, don't know how records compare but he is bang up for it when captain

Krul's gone off the boil. The majority of others have done too, since we reached the point of safety.

I mentioned it in the Elliot thread, but it's absolutely no coincidence that he - the player - said the same thing about "energy". The same stuff his manager mentioned in the media, as well as in the dressing room at full-time, no doubt.

It's clear that Pardew peddles a load of excuses at them in the dressing room, and probably on the training ground too. It's why he probably did say some guff to them about "getting into Europe" before the Fulham match, yet the players still delivered a half-arsed performance. They'll have taken any 'motivation' with a pinch of salt. He's getting away with murder - he's taken his foot off the gas - and, in turn, so have the players. It's exactly the same as when you had Krul & Co coming out last season whinging about the Europa League. They believed it cos he whittered on about it every week (still does).

Like I say, there's no wonder so many players have regressed.

He's just fucking gash, man.

Yep. :thup:

He might put lots of effort in but that's not really leadership. He's probably the best bet for it if he's in the Xl, mind.

Oh yeah I know that, we just appear to perform better when he is up for it

Basically Pardew is a horrible manager, we have 0 leadership in the squad, and a majority of our players who were bought since Pardew has signed have not lived up to their billed talent. Quite wonderful state we are in.

Basically Pardew is a horrible manager, we have 0 leadership in the squad, and a majority of our players who were bought since Pardew has signed have not lived up to their billed talent. Quite wonderful state we are in.

Depressing, hugely depressing.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle-utd/pardew-it-s-time-for-shock-tactics-at-newcastle-utd-1-6535230

“We’ve got six games to go, and we’ve got to make sure we give a better account of ourselves than we did,” Pardew said.

“That should shock us into doing a performance against Man United that makes it very difficult for them.

“It was out commitment to winning the game that worried me a little bit,” he said. “That was a game where we looked like we had no process to win the game.

“We need to know – clearly – what our process is. That’s what we’re going to have to work on this week.”

As far as I can tell that's just meaningless nonsense.