Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

who was it on here the other day who said something about managers not affecting the teams and are not important or something?  i forgot reply to it, blew my mind tbh

most important thing there is in football, one way or the other

There's been a few people on here who have claimed it or similar. It's a view I find completely and utterly insane.

who was it on here the other day who said something about managers not affecting the teams and are not important or something?  i forgot reply to it, blew my mind tbh

most important thing there is in football, one way or the other

There's been a few people on here who have claimed it or similar. It's a view I find completely and utterly insane.

it was this - i kind of see what he's saying with the rest of it but don't understand the first line at all, makes no sense

I'm one of the people who believes that manger's don't have a big impact on a team.

There's a tiny group of geniuses in the Alex Ferguson/Bobby Robson bracket who will change your fortunes single-handedly.

There's also a small group of complete idiots who should find alternative employment. (It looks like we've got one of these unfortunately.)

Beyond that it's just choosing from a pile of candidates who are pretty much as good as each other, and finding the one who's the right fit for your club personality-wise.

Those players are not shit. They are capable of so much more given the right environment.

been saying this for 2 years while pardew has them standing still in lines kicking the ball to ba etc. and people were saying it was down to the players for fucks sakes

The Managers role is absolutely pivotal. Its what joins the dots between the Owner (or Board) and the people whose job it is to deliver the aspirations of those above them.

That much is clear when you see how half-arsed our cup campaigns are and have been. The Owner doesn't recognise them as legimate so everyone, Manager included, gives them zero priority.

If Ashley said he'd give them all a million quid bonus for winning a cup, you would soon see a change in emphasis and a guarantee that we'd not be out in the 3rd or the 4th round.

The Manager is the one who sets the tone, who informs the club culture, playing style and who is responsible for the delivery of satisfactory results.

He can talk things up, generate belief and positivity or he can do the opposite.

Just compare the styles and the respective vibes given off by Martinez (fuck all to spend) and Rodgers with our knacker.

Too many of the players support Pardew for the same reason he defends Ashley.

Absolutely but how many of them would make a decent, front footed team?

Not one.

Change the manager, change the style and see how many of the Willo's, Goslings, Shola's and Taylors of the squad survive.

It's blatant self-interest.

Those players are not shit. They are capable of so much more given the right environment.

been saying this for 2 years while pardew has them standing still in lines kicking the ball to ba etc. and people were saying it was down to the players for fucks sakes

I remember, in the 5th season, when we played at WBA (a) we broke from one of their corners and HBA, Ba and Cisse (I think?) combined to score having broke from the edge of our box to score in about 15 seconds. For the first time since a SBR team I actually thought we were on to something.

I've not thought that since.

Too many of the players support Pardew for the same reason he defends Ashley.

Yet all the better ones can't wait to fuck off. Incidentally I don't think yesterday's performance was for the manager. They wanted their bonuses for finishing 10th.

I've not long finished having a conversation with a gentleman who claimed if Pardew was in charge of Keegans squad, we would have won the league that year as Pardew gets results. So much anguish.

I've not long finished having a conversation with a gentleman who claimed if Pardew was in charge of Keegans squad, we would have won the league that year as Pardew gets results. So much anguish.

Should have stabbed him.

By gentleman do you mean skag-fiend?

Horrible cunt.

:lol:

Human beings never cease to amaze me.

I remember, in the 5th season, when we played at WBA (a) we broke from one of their corners and HBA, Ba and Cisse (I think?) combined to score having broke from the edge of our box to score in about 15 seconds. For the first time since a SBR team I actually thought we were on to something.

he's a fucking lunatic for not trying to stick with that pardew like, only a lunatic or a diagnosed moron could have watched us in that game (around that time actually) and not thought to himself "well, by luck or good management i've stumbled onto something here which clearly works and everyone loves, this is what i'm going to do going forward"

what a twat the man is

Can you imagine. Pardew would have loaned Ginola out to Hartlepool and told Rob Lee to stop making runs in to the box. Beardsley, nah, too many touches. Move it to the big man up top quicker.

he's a fucking lunatic for not trying to stick with that pardew like, only a lunatic or a diagnosed moron could have watched us in that game (around that time actually) and not thought to himself "well, by luck or good management i've stumbled onto something here which clearly works and everyone loves, this is what i'm going to do going forward"

what a twat the man is

:thup:

Guest micky_123

Those players are not s***. They are capable of so much more given the right environment.

been saying this for 2 years while pardew has them standing still in lines kicking the ball to ba etc. and people were saying it was down to the players for f***s sakes

he's a f***ing lunatic for not trying to stick with that pardew like, only a lunatic or a diagnosed moron could have watched us in that game (around that time actually) and not thought to himself "well, by luck or good management i've stumbled onto something here which clearly works and everyone loves, this is what i'm going to do going forward"

what a t*** the man is

Exactly. It's staggering that we've never played like that since. It was clearly working and was just abandoned for no obvious reason. Lunatic is the perfect word.

If Pardew is to be sacked, the first anyone will know about it is when the club release a press statement late at night.

As for talking about his plans for next season, Pardew is full of bravado anyway and will go through the charade pretending everything will sort itself out in due course.

If he is going to get the sack, I would expect it to happen after the Liverpool game so I am not disheartened yet.