Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

I would punch that bloke/bird/Brett in the back of the head, then lay a snake like shit right across their nose.

When he first arrived at St Mary's, players were surprised that so little time was spent focusing on the opposition. The manager would only mention them for two or three minutes after the pre-match meal. No plans were made for specific players. Instead, Pochettino focused on his team, on his approach. It bred a confidence, a swagger. Whether Southampton were playing Manchester United away or Cardiff City at home, the preparations would stay the same in the week before. Formations were not discussed among the players, only shape. Pochettino talked about areas and fluidity but never the need to stay in a rigid 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2. It was innovative stuff and it worked.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27599165

All along the corridors at Newcastle United’s Little Benton training ground there are printed sheets detailing the statistical strengths and weaknesses of Manchester City – laminated and tacked to the walls to remind the players the start of the Premier League season is imminent.

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/no-margin-repeat-errors-newcastle-5585505

:jesuswept:

:lol: Mannnnn. 

Why does he think whipping his players into a state of terror before a game does them any good, when he has 15 years' managerial experience that implies the contrary.  In most of his other jobs he'd been sacked by now, and he's learnt nothing.

Ah, I suppose it's all he knows and he has no reason to change it at NUFC.

The apostrophe in this thread title is taunting me more than Pardew.

Someone put it back. Must be an in-joke I missed.

It's how it's written on the photo in question :laugh:

I don't get the issue with the Monaco thing, have I missed something?

Clearly too busy getting sucked off. Have a look at the protest section and the chronicle front page.

When he first arrived at St Mary's, players were surprised that so little time was spent focusing on the opposition. The manager would only mention them for two or three minutes after the pre-match meal. No plans were made for specific players. Instead, Pochettino focused on his team, on his approach. It bred a confidence, a swagger. Whether Southampton were playing Manchester United away or Cardiff City at home, the preparations would stay the same in the week before. Formations were not discussed among the players, only shape. Pochettino talked about areas and fluidity but never the need to stay in a rigid 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2. It was innovative stuff and it worked.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27599165

Rubbish! That is just foreign mumbo jumbo that over complicates things.

You just need 11 English middle class grafters that can run backwards.

Guest Rent-A-Quote

"I’ve said all along, communication with the fans & being honest is a big part of what I’m about."

- Alan Pardew, May 2012

"Our statistician told me we had 12 shots in the first half. In the Premier League that is a lot. We could have had more than that really" - Alan Pardew, January 22nd 2014

“We don’t seem to be able to get through this tie (third round day). For the last three years I don’t know, it’s science against me." - Alan Pardew 4th Jan 2014

"I’m pretty sure I’d have stopped that last goal if I’d been there.” - Alan Pardew, 19th April 2014

“Since I’ve been here, I like to think I’ve set teams up to play an attractive style of football and win games on the front foot. At the back end of last year, I thought we got ourselves into a position where it was difficult to set teams up like that because I didn’t think we were carrying enough fret.” Alan Pardew, 18th October 2013

Since I’ve been here, I like to think I’ve set teams up to play an attractive style of football and win games on the front foot. At the back end of last year, I thought we got ourselves into a position where it was difficult to set teams up like that because I didn’t think we were carrying enough fret.”
Alan Pardew, 18th October 2013

All hail the King!