Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm doing an article on Pardew - what are some of the more remarkable stats, apart from 5 defeats in a row? Is 'never winning after going behind' actually true?

no

He's won a few after going behind.

He's lost one fifth of the games Newcastle scored first in.

There's plenty on my twitter in my sig.

Worst one I saw today was that Williamson had 4 aerial duels in Swansea's box on Saturday.

STILL!!!!????

After 4 years!  104 appearances with 2 Assists! No goals!

STILL!!! we lump the ball at that 50p piece headed t*** EVERY frigging time.

Never got past the 4th round of either cup in Pardew's reign having been knocked out by heavyweights such as Brighton (twice), Stevenage, Cardiff etc.

Has he started his anger management course yet? The ones which he swore he was going to take in his hearing, the ones which basically played a huge part in him 'showing remorse' and a 'willingness to change' and got him off the hook.

Guest firetotheworks

Has he started his anger management course yet? The ones which he swore he was going to take in his hearing, the ones which basically played a huge part in him 'showing remorse' and a 'willingness to change' and got him off the hook.

With an absolutely straight face, he'll no doubt be waxing lyrical about what a world-class expert Adam Sandler is if he's ever asked.

One of my favourite bits of Pardaganda...

"I don't feel particularly great, it was a tough day. They looked like a team who had worked all week on us and we looked like a team that had a really tough game on Thursday night. It was a great day for Sunderland and an awful day for us.

“We couldn’t match them. They had an energy level above us. In the end, a couple of good saves from their goalie and a couple of wonder strikes, have made a horrible result for us.

"You’re looking at the team, and you just know that ain’t our team. We looked tired in the mind and tired in the body. I’m not making excuses for me or the team, but I don’t think you needed to be a professional to know that one team looked really fresh, and one didn’t.

“We still had a big chance in that game. If the linesman had given that (Papiss Cisse) goal suddenly a goal can do wondrous things to your energy levels.

“Three or four players ... you have to (ask) whether they could play that game. Mapou (Yanga-Mbwia) and (Yohan) Cabaye, in particular, looked really tired. You don’t really know until you get out there.

"I think they (the derby debutants) got it but if you’re not at your full battery levels, it’s difficult to put that out of the pitch. Sometimes your levels are such that you just can’t match the opposition.

"That was a tough decision (not to start with left back Massadio Haidara). He is a young boy and I wanted to play a bit of experience, people who I I think know the game and with hindsight, perhaps I should have played him. I didn’t think he could get through that after Thursday’s match, his first game back, also get the intensity of it.

“Maybe if Tim (Krul) hadn’t got injured at that crucial point, it could have been 1-1, and we could have had an extra sub with extra energy. We could have brought on an extra offensive or defensive player, or whatever we needed. That got taken away. It was a game that really didn’t work out for us.

"I will make sure it hurts the players. We've got to do some work with the team. There's no Europa League left and we need to make sure we get our shape right and get ourselves disciplined and try to win games.

"This (result) won't leave me because it's our home and we don't want to get beaten by our rivals."

He's not making excuses about tiredness though.

Full battery levels :anguish:

Why is a high wage such a barrier for a manager coming here? Surely it would be compensated for by reducing transfer spend?

Ashley doesn't seem to think paying high wages to a manager necessarily produces good results. If you hire the wrong man then it can be expensive, but most clubs will still try and go for quality as the squad value will rise under a good manager. Ashley prefers the no risk option and as long as he's making money he doesn't give a toss about success on the pitch other than staying in the division.

I'm doing an article on Pardew - what are some of the more remarkable stats, apart from 5 defeats in a row? Is 'never winning after going behind' actually true?

Haven't we only won once from a losing position in his whole time here in the league? Stoke at home? Do I just have the blinkers on?

Think we've done it three times now.

The first goal seems to be what decides the game under him to a ridiculous extent.

- Of the 68 games we've conceded first we've won 6. Drew 11 & lost 51. (Wins Scunthorpe, Blackburn, Stoke x2, Southampton & QPR)

- Of the 79 games we've scored first we've won 54. Drew 12 & lost 13.

Guest Howaythetoon

Second guessing Ashley is a fools game.

Agreed, but looking at all of his appointments to date there does seem to be some kind of pattern in terms of where HE himself gets ideas from regarding the men he appoints or has appointed.

With KK there is enough evidence and outside talk to hint that SJH planted the idea in Ashley's head to bring KK back.

When KK left in come Kinnear, an old friend of Ashley and someone known to the then Director of Football Dennis Wise.

When Kinnear had a heart attack and with Newcastle in danger of relegation in came Alan Shearer, the man to save us from relegation, a club legend. Who recommended him I do not know, most likely it came from Llambias, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the idea was Ashley's own.

With the club relegated and Ashley wanting to sell up, there was no point in hiring Shearer long-term so they went with the cheapest and most obvious choice in Hughton to run things as a caretaker. When it looked like we were certain to go up he was appointed full-time, a logical decision and arguably the most considered of Ashley's reign.

Following promotion Hughton was sacked mid-way through the season and in came Pardew out of the blue - a big pal of Llambias. You don't need to be a genius to work out where the idea of appointing Pardew came from.

Its clear to me that Ashley has no clue about football whatsoever and so he goes with the opinions and ideas of those he trusts most or those closest to him. With Lambias gone and Kinnear gone, all he knows is Pardew and the football aside and some results aside, he is doing a good job for Ashley so unless we are heading down or the squad all turn on Pardew, there is no real reason to get shot.

The head butting incident would have been the opportunity to get rid, but he didn't and still he remains.

Who would he appoint if Pardew was to get the sack? He doesn't have a grasp on football to say appoint someone like Rodgers from Swansea like Liverpool did or bring in a left-field coach from abroad like Southampton did.

Our next manager will be someone out of work, cheap and from way back. A Curbishley, an O'Leary perhaps.

Unless Charnley who clearly has the trust of Ashley or even someone like Carr can advise and point him in the direction of someone different, that is. I doubt it though.

Our saving grace with Pardew is that to me, he looks like a man who wants out, his team selections, his crazy clap-trap and a whole host of other things point to me anyway of someone who just doesn't give a f*** anymore and in a way you can see why.

He is working for someone who gives him no real control but asks him to be a figurehead, a leader of a club run on a skeleton crew, for a pittance compared to what other managers are paid by their respective clubs, while he is constantly losing his best players. Now I know he his chief salesman in that regard, but that's his job, that's what he is charged with doing. He cannot go home, however, happy to lose the likes of Ba and Cabaye, especially with no real replacements.

The total turn-around on Ben Arfa is also a huge hint of his true intentions, its like he's wanting fans to turn on him in order to make the owner sit up and take notice and fire him. He would never walk, he's too egotistical for that. He's wanting paid off.

His stock is still quite high too, especially among the all important Southern Press. He could land a role at Palace or West Ham and would get paid handsomely for it. He'd also get control of transfers etc. To many outside of Newcastle he is doing a great job at Newcastle fighting fires, working under Ashley, having his best players sold constantly with no replacements. That 5th place season and manager of the year award will make damn sure should he get sacked there would be no shortage of clubs looking to appoint him.

For us fans, we have to put up with hopeless performances, embarrassing defeats in the hope something gives. We are governed by a c*** off the pitch and one on it. Who would be a Toon fan eh....

I went to the Gateshead - Macclesfield game yesterday and I've never enjoyed myself more in many a year. Over 250 lads, lasses and bairns and old blokes having a great time. All former Toon fans, never ex Toon fans, because we will never get divorced will we?!

Agreed,

SJH planted the idea in Ashley's head to bring KK back. When KK left in come Kinnear, an old friend of Ashley and someone known to  Wise. Alan Shearer, the man to save us from relegation, a club legend.  Llambias' idea, but could be Ashley's own.

With the club relegated and Ashley wanting to sell up, the cheapest and most obvious choice in Hughton to run things as a caretaker.  certain to go up he was appointed full-time, a logical decision and arguably the most considered of Ashley's reign. Following promotion Hughton was sacked and in came Pardew - a big pal of Llambias.

Ashley has no clue about football whatsoever and so he goes with the opinions of those closest to him. unless we are heading down or the squad all turn on Pardew, there is no real reason to get shot. The head butting incident would have been the opportunity to get rid, but he didn't.

Our next manager will be someone out of work, cheap and from way back. Unless Charnley who clearly has the trust of Ashley or even someone like Carr can advise and point him in the direction. Pardew  looks like a man who wants out, his team selections, his  clap-trap etc.

He will do as Ashley's says. He would never walk, he's too egotistical for that. He's wanting paid off. (treatment of HBA getting fans to turn on him)

He could land a role at Palace.

More readable for those with busy lives. :)

Guest Howaythetoon

Agreed,

SJH planted the idea in Ashley's head to bring KK back. When KK left in come Kinnear, an old friend of Ashley and someone known to  Wise. Alan Shearer, the man to save us from relegation, a club legend.  Llambias' idea, but could be Ashley's own.

With the club relegated and Ashley wanting to sell up, the cheapest and most obvious choice in Hughton to run things as a caretaker.  certain to go up he was appointed full-time, a logical decision and arguably the most considered of Ashley's reign. Following promotion Hughton was sacked and in came Pardew - a big pal of Llambias.

Ashley has no clue about football whatsoever and so he goes with the opinions of those closest to him. unless we are heading down or the squad all turn on Pardew, there is no real reason to get shot. The head butting incident would have been the opportunity to get rid, but he didn't.

Our next manager will be someone out of work, cheap and from way back. Unless Charnley who clearly has the trust of Ashley or even someone like Carr can advise and point him in the direction. Pardew  looks like a man who wants out, his team selections, his  clap-trap etc.

He will do as Ashley's says. He would never walk, he's too egotistical for that. He's wanting paid off. (treatment of HBA getting fans to turn on him)

He could land a role at Palace.

More readable for those with busy lives. :)

:lol:

Imagine you as editor to the Harry Potter books.

Specky geek kid, does some magic, flies about a bit, bunch of other geeks. Magic spells. La la la la la. The End.

And I've never seen any of the films.

Like it though ;)

Agreed, but looking at all of his appointments to date there does seem to be some kind of pattern in terms of where HE himself gets ideas from regarding the men he appoints or has appointed.

With KK there is enough evidence and outside talk to hint that SJH planted the idea in Ashley's head to bring KK back.

When KK left in come Kinnear, an old friend of Ashley and someone known to the then Director of Football Dennis Wise.

When Kinnear had a heart attack and with Newcastle in danger of relegation in came Alan Shearer, the man to save us from relegation, a club legend. Who recommended him I do not know, most likely it came from Llambias, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the idea was Ashley's own.

With the club relegated and Ashley wanting to sell up, there was no point in hiring Shearer long-term so they went with the cheapest and most obvious choice in Hughton to run things as a caretaker. When it looked like we were certain to go up he was appointed full-time, a logical decision and arguably the most considered of Ashley's reign.

Following promotion Hughton was sacked mid-way through the season and in came Pardew out of the blue - a big pal of Llambias. You don't need to be a genius to work out where the idea of appointing Pardew came from.

Its clear to me that Ashley has no clue about football whatsoever and so he goes with the opinions and ideas of those he trusts most or those closest to him. With Lambias gone and Kinnear gone, all he knows is Pardew and the football aside and some results aside, he is doing a good job for Ashley so unless we are heading down or the squad all turn on Pardew, there is no real reason to get shot.

The head butting incident would have been the opportunity to get rid, but he didn't and still he remains.

Who would he appoint if Pardew was to get the sack? He doesn't have a grasp on football to say appoint someone like Rodgers from Swansea like Liverpool did or bring in a left-field coach from abroad like Southampton did.

Our next manager will be someone out of work, cheap and from way back. A Curbishley, an O'Leary perhaps.

Unless Charnley who clearly has the trust of Ashley or even someone like Carr can advise and point him in the direction of someone different, that is. I doubt it though.

Our saving grace with Pardew is that to me, he looks like a man who wants out, his team selections, his crazy clap-trap and a whole host of other things point to me anyway of someone who just doesn't give a f*** anymore and in a way you can see why.

He is working for someone who gives him no real control but asks him to be a figurehead, a leader of a club run on a skeleton crew, for a pittance compared to what other managers are paid by their respective clubs, while he is constantly losing his best players. Now I know he his chief salesman in that regard, but that's his job, that's what he is charged with doing. He cannot go home, however, happy to lose the likes of Ba and Cabaye, especially with no real replacements.

The total turn-around on Ben Arfa is also a huge hint of his true intentions, its like he's wanting fans to turn on him in order to make the owner sit up and take notice and fire him. He would never walk, he's too egotistical for that. He's wanting paid off.

His stock is still quite high too, especially among the all important Southern Press. He could land a role at Palace or West Ham and would get paid handsomely for it. He'd also get control of transfers etc. To many outside of Newcastle he is doing a great job at Newcastle fighting fires, working under Ashley, having his best players sold constantly with no replacements. That 5th place season and manager of the year award will make damn sure should he get sacked there would be no shortage of clubs looking to appoint him.

For us fans, we have to put up with hopeless performances, embarrassing defeats in the hope something gives. We are governed by a c*** off the pitch and one on it. Who would be a Toon fan eh....

I went to the Gateshead - Macclesfield game yesterday and I've never enjoyed myself more in many a year. Over 250 lads, lasses and bairns and old blokes having a great time. All former Toon fans, never ex Toon fans, because we will never get divorced will we?!

Good post making some interesting points. I fear Pardew shunting Ben Arfa is not some masterstroke to get his compensation however.

Is there anything more uninspiring than Moyes/Pulis to Nufc?

Yeah, i know the idea of Pardew staying is worse.

But f*** me, both c***s i mentioned is two negative dinosaurs and the personification of everything that is wrong with English football.

I know you pretty much want anyone except Pardew, but come on.

Absolutely incredible. Judging Moyes on one season makes you no better than the arseholes who bring up Pardew finishing 5th.

Not many people are judging Moyes on one season, he was at Everton a long time. They played pretty dogged football for most of that time, although to be fair, they looked good last season. His failure at Man U though has shown his limitations. Football has moved on, and so have Everton. That's what we need to do as well.

We played pretty dogged football at the start of his tenure because of the incredible amount of s**** we had on our books. He took a team which regularly included Big Dunc, Marcus Bent, Carsley, Kilbane, Pistone, Weir and Stubbs (to name just a few) to 4th. Did we play pretty football? Occasionally, not regularly. And it was exactly the right thing to do given we didn't have a pot to p*ss in and were stuck with generally poor players.

He then recognised that if we were to progress - or even maintain our standards in the face of several teams with infinitely superior spending power - we need to buy better footballers but smartly, with Pienaar and Arteta being the 2 prime examples. This pattern continued as the years went by, albeit we were again limited due to a distinct lack of funds. It's not just last season we started playing better, we've been improving aesthetically for the past 6 or 7 years.

His problem, as was the case throughout his time here, was his mentality. His actual acquisitions improved in terms of footballing quality and we more regularly played better football, but in the crunch moments he was let down by a lack of bottle and having to settle for 1 point when we should have got 3. This is what Martinez has changed.

I think Moyes would be a good appointment for you, if that does transpire. He's obviously a million times better than Pardew and I'm pretty confident he'd get you challenging for the European positions. While I wouldn't expect people to be lining the streets in celebration upon his hypothetical appointment, the question you have to ask yourself is who better would you realistically get in this summer? Your assertion that football has moved on is a bit OTT but I can see what you're getting at; but that's all well and good in an idealist world. I think Moyes would represent a very good move, if he were interested.

:thup: I honestly cannot remember ever hearing Everton being described as a defensive or boring team during his tenture, only since Martinez took over and Moyes' is failing at Man Utd.

For real?  :lol:

Same s*** as Pardew, but Moyes was better at it AND was able to bring in the right players for it, unlike Pardew.

If we get Moyes, we can sack Carr.

So, just to get this straight, you would only get rid of Pardew if we got someone that was massively better? And that isn't David Moyes? A manager that had Everton consistently near the top of the table on a limited budget?

You do realise that pretty much anyone in the Premier League is a massive improvement on Pardew, aye? They're NOTHING alike, just ask Neil or any other Everton fan what they think of Moyes. Meanwhile ask any NUFC fan, including yourself what they/you think of Pardew and then look at where Everton Finished, the way he had them playing towards the end of his tenure and then ask yourself the question "Would I take Moyes?" then, if the answer is anything other than "Fucking hell, of course I would, and we'd be incredibly lucky to get him here!" then you should be very, very ashamed of yourself.

Yeah, but did you did not get this straight...

I would personally get rid of Pardew if i knew Kim jong-un was to succeed him,  so that is not the question for me. I can`t stand the fraud. :lol:

However, i do not rate Moyes as highly as some here. He did a good job at Everton, but he is a limited manager. Simple as.

You make it as Pardew out / Moyes in is the only viable option. I just say that its a uninspiring appointment, and that i hope we would look for a better fit for the club.

A manager with a different football philosophy, and one that would work better with our recruitment policy.

If Pardew was sacked tomorrow and Moyes was appointed i would be delighted  :lol: I would not wank myself silly because we appointed Moyes, but because we sacked Pardew.