Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Agree with what you are saying about Ashley, I just can't get my head around why Pardew gets away with what Houghton doesn't.  You say you don't rate Pardew etc, but your post come across otherwise.  I think it's the bipolar way your posts come about that seem to get people's back up.  You seem to praise Pardew to the hilt, then the next time you are saying you don't rate him.  Your views seem so hap hazard and baffling.

I basically up my views on here for him because people take things way over the top when critising him. We win, players get credit, we lose, pardew's tactics. I try and say they are in it together, win together, lose together. I might point the finger at players or manager in certain games where i think they've definitley cost us but on the whole people try and make it so clear cut that it's all Pardew's fault when things go wrong.

And Spudil, if you want to trawl through my posts where i'm backing the Pardew appointment or have said he's an excellent manager or that i love him or whatever else, feel free. You'll be wasting your time though. I give him praise for things he does, of course i do but i do sometimes say he's also cost us. End of the day i really am backing him and supporting him to do things well here as i really don't want Ashley to embarass this club furthur with another one of his strange delluisional appointments which he has brought on us. It's a gamble i simply don't want to take especially when i don't think that gamble needs to be taken. I said over the summer, if things started badly this season and it was looking another dog fight in the bottom half by xmas, i'll want him out and have no choice but to spin Ashley's job centre manager roulette wheel but no need to spin when we are sitting pretty 6 points off champions league.

He's not out of his depths at all.

pardew?  :lol:

Of course he's not. :lol:

i guess there will be no concurrence on this matter then, 'cause he's out of his depths imho

top tier championship manager in charge of international footballers and our position and performances reflect this fairly accurately tbh

Guest bimpy474

Hughton winning games 6-0, 5-1 in the derby, countless batterings handed out to teams in the Championship......yeah he was shit ffs. Even with the Chapionship squad can anyone see Pardew doing as well, i certainly cant as the cunt doesn't know how to go at teams, something Hughton knew brilliantly.

Class bloke, and ten times better than having this cocknugget.

Guest Haris Vuckic

i guess there will be no concurrence on this matter then, 'cause he's out of his depths imho

top tier championship manager in charge of international footballers and our position and performances reflect this fairly accurately tbh

Remit -

League : Finish Top 10

FA Cup : Not Applicable

League Cup : Not Applicable

To say he's out of his depth is utterly laughable. People also have a habit of massively over rating our squad. We could probably this year 7th at best and if we had a really bad season 13th-14th.

You know when people talk about ridiculous expectations - they're talking about you. The irony is the expectation is a product of Pardew's own high performance but that's no doubt lost on you.

Agree with what you are saying about Ashley, I just can't get my head around why Pardew gets away with what Houghton doesn't.  You say you don't rate Pardew etc, but your post come across otherwise.  I think it's the bipolar way your posts come about that seem to get people's back up.  You seem to praise Pardew to the hilt, then the next time you are saying you don't rate him.  Your views seem so hap hazard and baffling.

I basically up my views on here for him because people take things way over the top when critising him. We win, players get credit, we lose, pardew's tactics. I try and say they are in it together, win together, lose together. I might point the finger at players or manager in certain games where i think they've definitley cost us but on the whole people try and make it so clear cut that it's all Pardew's fault when things go wrong.

And Spudil, if you want to trawl through my posts where i'm backing the Pardew appointment or have said he's an excellent manager or that i love him or whatever else, feel free. You'll be wasting your time though. I give him praise for things he does, of course i do but i do sometimes say he's also cost us. End of the day i really am backing him and supporting him to do things well here as i really don't want Ashley to embarass this club furthur with another one of his strange delluisional appointments which he has brought on us. It's a gamble i simply don't want to take especially when i don't think that gamble needs to be taken. I said over the summer, if things started badly this season and it was looking another dog fight in the bottom half by xmas, i'll want him out and have no choice but to spin Ashley's job centre manager roulette wheel but no need to spin when we are sitting pretty 6 points off champions league.

Nah.

Remit -

To say he's out of his depth is utterly laughable. People also have a habit of massively over rating our squad. We could probably this year 7th at best and if we had a really bad season 13th-14th.

You know when people talk about ridiculous expectations - they're talking about you. The irony is the expectation is a product of Pardew's own high performance but that's no doubt lost on you.

:lol: Ridiculous expectations is expecting the 7th or 8th best squad in the league to present a challenge to the top 6 and maybe not go out of every cup at the first or second hurdle every year. 

If you want to point fingers, then people like you are why those running NUFC have been able to get away with taking the piss out of fans for so long.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Remit -

:lol: Ridiculous expectations is expecting the 7th or 8th best squad in the league to present a challenge to the top 6 and maybe not go out of every cup at the first or second hurdle every year. 

If you want to point fingers, then people like you are why those running NUFC have been able to get away with taking the p*ss out of fans for so long.

Our squad isn't as good as you think - but we are challenging the top 6 - obviously. You're just helping me make my point.

Oh and that highlighted section  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

"Remit" like that's all there is to it :lol:

was he out of his depth last year then Haris, he had the same remit then no?

said it before but i've never seen a manager more out of his depth last year than him, maybe that fella that took over at wolves and looked like a rabbit in the headlights the entire time :lol:

Remit -

If you want to point fingers, then people like you are why those running NUFC have been able to get away with taking the p*ss out of fans for so long.

Our squad isn't as good as you think - but we are challenging the top 6 - obviously. You're just helping me make my point.

Challenging the top 6, yeah.  If you're the 7th or 8th best squad in the country then you don't aim for 7th or 8th, you aim for higher.

Guest Haris Vuckic

said it before but i've never seen a manager more out of his depth last year than him, maybe that fella that took over at wolves and looked like a rabbit in the headlights the entire time :lol:

Last year - of course - but there were obvious variables.

If you've never seen a manager more ''out of his depth'' than a manager clearly not out of his depth you can't have watched much football at all.

Guest Haris Vuckic

And the highlighted section's correct, Liverpool fans wouldn't stand for it and as a result they have largely been a club that is at least always trying to make itself better.

I don't think Liverpool is a fair comparison to most clubs in the country, let alone ours.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Remit -

Challenging the top 6, yeah.  If you're the 7th or 8th best squad in the country then you don't aim for 7th or 8th, you aim for higher.

So - is he out of his depth or isn't he?

And the highlighted section's correct, Liverpool fans wouldn't stand for it and as a result they have largely been a club that is at least always trying to make itself better.

I don't think Liverpool is a fair comparison to most clubs in the country, let alone ours.

Both clubs had won the same about of trophies in the 70s.

Dat Ambition!

Guest Haris Vuckic

Dat Ambition!

So, would you say our brief stab at competing was a blip & now normality has been restored? I'm not sure what you're point is. Liverpool we're basically one of the best teams in Europe with more money than most clubs in England and a succession of the best managers promoted from within. There is really no comparison.

If you've never seen a manager more ''out of his depth'' than a manager clearly not out of his depth you can't have watched much football at all.

right then, so he's only not out of his depth when he has an adequate number of players fit and doesn't have too many games to play? :lol:  i think you'll find that's part of the definition of a manager who is out of his depth

we've done ok to date so far as injuries and games have been in his favour, we hit the festive period and things start to go against him and he's fucked again...lost 3, possibly 4 to come and the stoke win was a fucking gift

Guest Haris Vuckic

So many HV posts man :anguish:

Not only does the guy lie down and eat the s*** he is served, he does it with a smile, demands more and berates those who don't like the taste of s***.

Creep :anguish:

Remit -

So - is he out of his depth or isn't he?

Yes, in the sense he'll never build a sustainable attacking philosophy with a squad that is clearly capable of it.

Guest Haris Vuckic

right then, so he's only not out of his depth when he has an adequate number of players fit and doesn't have too many games to play? :lol:  i think you'll find that's part of the definition of a manager who is out of his depth

we've done ok to date so far as injuries and games have been in his favour, we hit the festive period and things start to go against him and he's f***ed again...lost 3, possibly 4 to come and the stoke win was a f***ing gift

He wasn't the only person to blame last year - he just took all of it.

Teams have good form and bad form - this is again - obvious. If we kept up 7 wins in 10 we'd probably win the league.

Dat Ambition!

So, would you say our brief stab at competing was a blip & now normality has been restored? I'm not sure what you're point is. Liverpool we're basically one of the best teams in Europe with more money than most clubs in England and a succession of the best managers promoted from within. There is really no comparison.

The two clubs in the early 70s were level trophy wise.  Obviously Liverpool had much bigger ambitions and wanted to become something bigger.  While we have been coneinuely ran by muppets where football seems to come second.

Not sure whats hard to grasp like.