Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I thought the biggest point about the Europa League is the preparation time it takes away.  Instead of training all week for a Premier League match, you have to prepare for a Europa League match.  So you fly on a Wednesday, play on a Thursday, fly back after the game or on a Friday, and play a PL game on a Sunday. 

Your 5 day match preparation for a PL match is reduced to perhaps 2 days.  That surely makes a difference.

It never did for a positive manager like Sir Bobby.

Aye. Didn't loose a single game after returning from Europe in all of 2002/03.

That's because Robson was a class act and Pardew isn't.

It does, however, remain a valid point and one that many managers who aren't Pardew have suffered with.

I thought the biggest point about the Europa League is the preparation time it takes away.  Instead of training all week for a Premier League match, you have to prepare for a Europa League match.  So you fly on a Wednesday, play on a Thursday, fly back after the game or on a Friday, and play a PL game on a Sunday. 

Your 5 day match preparation for a PL match is reduced to perhaps 2 days.  That surely makes a difference.

And home game where you dont travel at all, and when you change 9 starting line up players.

So Pardew and his staff couldn't prepare for two games in a week, something virtually every team in the leagues below us do year in year out.

I am guessing that the same sort of analysis isn't put in by teams in the leagues below.  I am not sure that is relevant point.  The point is that there are plenty of teams in the PL who don't have to play the extra games and those that do might have the squads and backroom staff to cope with the demands.

That's because Robson was a class act and Pardew isn't.

It does, however, remain a valid point and one that many managers who aren't Pardew have suffered with.

This is all I've ever claimed. Absolutely Pardew is average and Bobby was a class apart. But it just seems self-evident to me that playing in Europe is harder than not playing in it.

Guest bimpy474

No but I never said they did.

Is that not the implication, we were s*** because of injuries. Injuries were a factor in us falling away from 5th, and indeed playing in the Europa would have had an effect.

But the main reason we finished 16th was the awful football Pardew had us playing. Cant be said this season as we are playing much better stuff, 2nd half nonsense on too many occasions aside.

So Swansea play nicer football but they are in literally the exact same position we were in?

I'm not saying we were shit because of injuries alone but it would be churlish to deny our squad fitness was an issue just as it would be to deny there were a myriad of factors involved in our struggle - the managers ability obviously one of them.

I'm not denying it was a factor, injuries, Europa but mainly it was his inability to deal with it, and the poor football and team selections were the major cause imo.

Also as many have commented, our worse form was when the Europa League was on a break. And seeing as we'd been knocked out of both cups all he had was one game to focus on each week. We were terrible and lost game after game.

Personally if we make it into the Europa again i think he'll handle it much better. But to try to use it as the main reason for finishing 16th shows how pathetic he can be at times.

Guest bimpy474

And home game where you dont travel at all, and when you change 9 starting line up players.

So Pardew and his staff couldn't prepare for two games in a week, something virtually every team in the leagues below us do year in year out.

I am guessing that the same sort of analysis isn't put in by teams in the leagues below.  I am not sure that is relevant point.  The point is that there are plenty of teams in the PL who don't have to play the extra games and those that do might have the squads and backroom staff to cope with the demands.

That's a valid point, we have a very small backroom staff for a Premiership club of our size. Mind you we're always being told we're not a big club by Pardew so i suppose that's why that is.

Guest bimpy474

we're always being told we're not a big club by Pardew so i suppose that's why that is.

A kitten dies every time someone makes a post like this.

Has he said we cant complete with Southampton ? Or Swansea ?

If so, what do you think he means by that. Actually dont bother. Pardew arselicking crumpet.

we're always being told we're not a big club by Pardew so i suppose that's why that is.

If so, what do you think he means by that. Actually dont bother. Pardew arselicking crumpet.

:lol:

Soz bimpy, you know I like you.

Guest bimpy474

:lol:

Soz bimpy, you know I like you.

:lol: It's why i like you Ian, you take a joke, you give a joke. Proper bloke like.

The attitude comes from the top. Simple as.

Again though - it's just reality.

Since you're one of Pardew's biggest apologists on this forum and think he's doing a grand job, then you should be very happy with the board for appointing this cup surrendering cunt.

Guest bimpy474

Pardew always being singled out for talking down the club so just posting this for info - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25866676

Martinez doesn't do that nearly every week like Pardew does and i would say that is to put pressure on Stevenage, not give himself and his team an excuse if they lose.

Jesus, do people still not accept what our manager does.

Pardew always being singled out for talking down the club so just posting this for info - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25866676

Martinez doesn't do that nearly every week like Pardew does and i would say that is to put pressure on Stevenage, not give himself and his team an excuse if they lose.

Jesus, do people still not accept what our manager does.

Martinez on Monday:

"The second half I must admit the condition of the pitch didn't allow us to control the game in the way we wanted, to concede the goal in the manner that we did was unfortunate."

Pathetic excuses nearly every day of the week.