Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looking at his comments post-match, it sounds like he lost control of the squad rather than told them to hoof all game. It wouldn't come as a shock if what Wullie said was right, he got them too fired up, encouraged them to make it a frenzied game and, as a result, they lost all composure. It also wouldn't shock me if the squad were disorientated because our manager was sulking after the window debacle, I didn't think we'd win after hearing he was subdued in the press conference.

Whether it was tactics or his managing of temperaments, he failed big time and showed why he's an average manager.

Nah, he is talking rubbish, never listen to Pardew. Never.

KK and SBR always had the teams fired up for Derbies and never lost them. 

Looking at his comments post-match, it sounds like he lost control of the squad rather than told them to hoof all game. It wouldn't come as a shock if what Wullie said was right, he got them too fired up, encouraged them to make it a frenzied game and, as a result, they lost all composure. It also wouldn't shock me if the squad were disorientated because our manager was sulking after the window debacle, I didn't think we'd win after hearing he was subdued in the press conference.

Whether it was tactics or his managing of temperaments, he failed big time and showed why he's an average manager.

there may be some truth to that but i'm not buying it all, the hoofball to shola was obviously very planned, considered and deliberate - it was fuck all to do with composure imho and it's what cost us the game, not big vurn mistiming a tackle

On reflection the players need to share the blame as well.

They always do though; every player gets a slagging for a poor performance, you only have to look at their own threads after a match to see that. Dunno why some seem to suggest the players get off without blame. Pardew is the manager though so takes overall responsibility.

there may be some truth to that but i'm not buying it all, the hoofball to shola was obviously very planned, considered and deliberate - it was f*** all to do with composure imho and it's what cost us the game, not big vurn mistiming a tackle

I think that was definitely part of the tactics but I think there's a case to be made that it became as integral as it did because he'd failed to instill the right mentality in the players.

They always do though; every player gets a slagging for a poor performance, you only have to look at their own threads after a match to see that. Dunno why some seem to suggest the players get off without blame. Pardew is the manager though so takes overall responsibility.

On the blaming players thing....Di Canio made the headlines last week for slagging his players and blaming them for his poor results. Now those same players have pissed all over hoofball Pardew 3-0 under a more thoughtful manager. Something to think about.

There's an accepted wisdom in football that being "fired up" is a good thing and I'm not convinced that's the case. Someone like Debuchy fired up is a disaster because he starts kicking people and chasing things that he shouldn't. Steven Taylor was fired up and therefore kept running up to play centre forward.

Ki wasn't fired up on Saturday, he was sitting on Tiote's chest smoking a cigar at one point. Calmness personified.

there may be some truth to that but i'm not buying it all, the hoofball to shola was obviously very planned, considered and deliberate - it was f*** all to do with composure imho and it's what cost us the game, not big vurn mistiming a tackle

I think that was definitely part of the tactics but I think there's a case to be made that it became as integral as it did because he'd failed to instill the right mentality in the players.

hm, i didn't see a lot of panic from williamson, taylor and whoever else was hitting the long balls...very often they were driven and without doubt it was their only intent the moment they received it

really couldn't see that it was something they fell back on due to confidence

KK and SBR always had the teams fired up for Derbies and never lost them.

As did Chris Hughton, of course.

Ahh yes.  For got about him.  Yeah Chris, not deemed good enough.  Best result v the mackems in a long long time.  His replacement,  3 defeats on the bounce and two at home. Everyone elses fault except his.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

On the blaming players thing....Di Canio made the headlines last week for slagging his players and blaming them for his poor results. Now those same players have pissed all over hoofball Pardew 3-0 under a more thoughtful manager. Something to think about.

They did under Di Canio tbf :lol:

Sunderland weren't fired up, they seemed quite calm and relaxed at times. Derbies aren't all about getting stuck in and grafting, they've moved on from that and Pardew should realise that after 3 straight losses.

There's an accepted wisdom in football that being "fired up" is a good thing and I'm not convinced that's the case. Someone like Debuchy fired up is a disaster because he starts kicking people and chasing things that he shouldn't. Steven Taylor was fired up and therefore kept running up to play centre forward.

Ki wasn't fired up on Saturday, he was sitting on Tiote's chest smoking a cigar at one point. Calmness personified.

jesus i'd forgotten how bad debuchy was :anguish:

Guest firetotheworks

Absolutely spot on.

Under Hughton we had the players that played better when fired up (Carroll, Nolan, Barton etc) but when we've outplayed the Mackems with this team before it's been because we've been calm. You could argue that that's been twice, both at the SOL.

From the Mirror the other day:

Speaking ahead of Friday's 11pm deadline, Pardew added: “I always had a vision of how I wanted to play since I’ve been here. Sometimes you have to work around a land-mine, but I think if we don’t replace Cabaye we might have to change our style a little bit. Just because of the personnel I have.”

By that he means going more direct, with Shola Ameobi or debuting loan signing Luuk De Jong up front.

“I’ve never been a manager that’s egotistic about how we play," said Pardew. "It’s really about the best way of getting results. It does create an opportunity whether for Hatem Ben Arfa or Sylvain Marveaux... or maybe Sammy Ameobi.”

Fuck knows why he decided long ball was a good idea after we'd passed Norwich off the park without Cabaye.

They did under Di Canio tbf :lol:

It's like the "any O'Brien" song except replace it with "any (mackem) cunt" 

Speaking ahead of Friday's 11pm deadline, Pardew added: “I always had a vision of how I wanted to play since I’ve been here. Sometimes you have to work around a land-mine, but I think if we don’t replace Cabaye we might have to change our style a little bit. Just because of the personnel I have.”

By that he means going more direct, with Shola Ameobi or debuting loan signing Luuk De Jong up front.

“I’ve never been a manager that’s egotistic about how we play," said Pardew. "It’s really about the best way of getting results. It does create an opportunity whether for Hatem Ben Arfa or Sylvain Marveaux... or maybe Sammy Ameobi.”

Fuck knows why he decided long ball was a good idea after we'd passed Norwich off the park without Cabaye.

One thing I can guarantee is that we won't look to play long ball against Chelsea. Pardew always flip flops after a bad result.

f*** knows why he decided long ball was a good idea after we'd passed Norwich off the park without Cabaye.

Fuck a duck.  He's a completely clueless kunt of the highest degree.  No discernable plan B yet again!  Every fucking time, you would think by now he'd learn to have a back-up plan.  Nearly everyone and his dog knew Cabaye was going to be gone this January or this summer at the latest but he's goes ahead and builds his one style of playing to have at it's centre the one player who was a shoe-in to leave town!!!!  Un- fucking-believable!!!  I'm not saying he should have a plan to cover every eventuality but you would think (well, I would have hoped) he would at least give it a brain-storming session with his "top" coaches and think of the impact this would have on how we play instead of a half-arsed attempt to get a Cabaye mk.II and hopefully carry on likes nothing happened.

Was SBR a front for an owner draining resources out of the club and actively taking the p*ss out of us?

Yes :lol:

So he was a willing patsy? Is that what your trying to suggest? f***ing hell man

What are you on about. Willing Patsy?

If Pardewsaid on the loss of Cabaye...

'I'm not interested in profit. But it's a huge offer, which we have to consider. I don't want to lose him but it's a huge sum of money.

'It's also a huge opportunity for him. Do we deny him that opportunity? There's a moral issue here.'

He'd get a helluva lot of stick because of who he is, but that's what Robson said when we sold Woodgate.  It doesn't make either of them a willing patsy it makes them professional managers.

Woodgate was almost finished, we did fantastically well to get that money for him, are you for real?