Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Davide Santon's midfield performance [against Chelsea] . . . forget about what it looked like to the naked eye, his stats were very good, which is great news. It gives us a player we can put in there now."

Might as well watch games live on WhoScored rather than going to SJP.

"Davide Santon's midfield performance [against Chelsea] . . . forget about what it looked like to the naked eye, his stats were very good, which is great news. It gives us a player we can put in there now."

Might as well watch games live on WhoScored rather than going to SJP.

:lol: Wow!  He's on fucking fire lately.

:lol: "Forget what it looked like to the naked eye".  He has a point mind, it looks so much better with your eyes shut.

:spit: Hahahahaha! He has truly lost the plot. What a fucking tosser. People actually stick up for this cockend as well :facepalm:

Conveniently, the stats don't show when a player doesn't track runs which lead directly to goals.

Santon is a good footballer with the ball at his feet, we all know this. He can dribble with confidence and can pass. This doesn't make him an option in defensive midfield when he lacks the key attributes of tackling and tracking runs.

All this is, is Pardew setting up the fact he will be playing in midfield again tonight probably. What a plank.

When we last won it, no-one had won it more times than us, and of the 6 with more wins than us, 5 of them have won it more times than we ever have since we last won it. FFS stop trying to make our record over more than half a century look better than it is

:lol:  You're clueless, you're trying to make it look like going out in the 3rd and 4th round of the FA Cup is normal for us, it wasn't until Pardew arrived.

When we last won it, no-one had won it more times than us, and of the 6 with more wins than us, 5 of them have won it more times than we ever have since we last won it. FFS stop trying to make our record over more than half a century look better than it is

:lol:  You're clueless, you're trying to make it look like going out in the 3rd and 4th round of the FA Cup is normal for us, it wasn't until Pardew arrived.

In my lifetime it's fairly normal to do shit in the cups like. Not as bad as recently obvs.

In my lifetime it's fairly normal to do s*** in the cups like. Not as bad as recently obvs.

How old are you?  I remember going to Wembley 3 years running in the FA Cup, 2 finals and a semi.

Why does what we've done previously matter so much? It should have absolutely no bearing. There's too much past gazing from football fans in general imo. "But we did this in 82!1!" Who fucking cares seriously?

I sort of agree. Also, in general only one team can win the cup so it's obviously quite rare.

That said, I agree with people who think a mid table side like us should prioritise the FA Cup, don't understand why we're that scared of losing a couple of league points.

In my lifetime it's fairly normal to do s*** in the cups like. Not as bad as recently obvs.

How old are you?  I remember going to Wembley 3 years running in the FA Cup, 2 finals and a semi.

Yep I was at all three too, came over from Florida where I was living at the time for the Semi versus Chelsea (which was the only one we actually pshowed up on the pitch for, didn't deserve to lose that game fucking

Poyet the bastard, would have probably gone on  won the cup that year, against a poor Villa side in the final had it not been for that bastard), even Souness also got us to the Semi too ffs

Why does what we've done previously matter so much? It should have absolutely no bearing. There's too much past gazing from football fans in general imo. "But we did this in 82!1!" Who fucking cares seriously?

Fine, completely ignoring what we've done under previous regimes, going out at the stage we have and to the teams we have is fucking shite.

That said, I agree with people who think a mid table side like us should prioritise the FA Cup, don't understand why we're that scared of losing a couple of league points.

2 league points could equal 4 or 5 places. Which equates to several million pounds of revenue from prize money.

The regime see that prize money as being far more important than the joy a cup run would bring to the supporters. That's why I for one want nothing more to do with them.

Being a football supporter is about wanting to win games, not line the pockets of a billionaire.