Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pardew has done ok at developing your limited player such as Williamson, Perch or Raylor yet look at how many of the players Carr has brought in that have stagnated under him, it's actually scary.

Cisse being the glaring example of that.

I hope this cunt dies tbh, that's my feelings now.

I can understand losing key players effecting the team but not to the degree that you ship 10 goals without reply in 3 games. That is disgusting and clearly the coaching and management is shocking, mentality is all wrong and tempo shot to bits

A tad extreme.

Can this cunt stop touching himself in every fucking interview? Disingenuous, condescending, insincere and pretentious fucking prick. I cannot wait until the day he fucks off out of this club one way or another.

Is it possible or OK to hate this guy more than I hate Ashley?

Guest Roger Kint

OK. So it's not Pardew's dad, it's Pardew's assistant's dad who has died.

Sure, it's sad. Of course it is. But ask yourself:

Your bosses secretary's father dies. Is your day fucked up because of it? Are you so distraught by this news that you cannot perform to the best of your abilities?

Fuck off!

Utter bollocks.

Unless you're infiinitely closer to your bosses lackeys than I am to mine then you're unlikely to give even two shits about this. Utter smokescreen and complete pile of horseshit.

This post is worse than any defending Pardew that i have had to read online this morning, staggeringly shit posting. Unless of course you are too thick to know who Carver is in that case you are only half as stupid as i thought.

I hope this c*** dies tbh, that's my feelings now.

I can understand losing key players effecting the team but not to the degree that you ship 10 goals without reply in 3 games. That is disgusting and clearly the coaching and management is shocking, mentality is all wrong and tempo shot to bits

A tad extreme.

Fucking hate him tbh and my mates for the first time last night said "I can see what you were saying now about him being a total cunt"

Pardew has done ok at developing your limited player such as Williamson, Perch or Raylor yet look at how many of the players Carr has brought in that have stagnated under him, it's actually scary.

Not even stagnate, gone backwards more like

Guest Roger Kint

So is a 09:45 start deemed "early"?  When the feck do they normally pitch in at then?

Sure Ranger used to get fined for not being there by 9.30, now thats considered early? :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Going back to basics didn't work, wonder what he has up his sleeve next?

Employing actual coaches rather than a handful of cone distributors would be canny

Guest Roger Kint

So is a 09:45 start deemed "early"?  When the feck do they normally pitch in at then?

Sure Ranger used to get fined for not being there by 9.30, now thats considered early? :lol:

Day after a game they probably usually don't go in until the afternoon.

Away games understandably but home they should be in to at least review the game and stuff with rigorous training for inept performances.

I reckon more people wanted shot of Bobby Robson near the end than is the case with Pardew now.  Managers used to get a lot of the blame from media and the vast majority of the fans in those days mind.

I've got a great many thoughts on why this is, but in the main I think the fact that he doesn't buy his own players is, for many, a complete get-out-of-jail-free card. If a player was shit under Robson, or any other manager, it was because the manager had bought a shit player - manager's fault. As someone who has posted on here for more than ten years now, it always strikes me how little we hear it now on this forum because of the way we are now run. Every manager used to be judged more than anything else on who they had bought. Endless discussions on potential future managers usually ended up with people just listing a particular manager's transfer hits and misses.

Robson - bought some crap (I have seen dozens of pro-Robson posts over the years be met with a response of "wasn't that good, bought Viana, Cort and Bramble")

Souness - bought some crap

Roeder - bought some crap

Allardyce - bought some crap

Pardew - hasn't bought any crap (unless you give him credit for Obertan)

A huge amount of football supporters (and even a lot of the press) seem to have a hard time grasping that a manager's job extends to much more than a) buying players and b) picking the team (actually that's not true about the press, they'll acknowledge a manager's positive effect but if it's shit, they'll blame the players but I digress). Pardew only has responsibility for one of those and because he gets off completely scot-free on that charge, that basically lets him get away with anything because it also gets him off charge b) in a roundabout way. He consistently fails to get the best out of, say, the Acronym Brothers, MYM and HBA, so drops them, getting away with selecting the wrong personnel without any finger ultimately pointing at him because he didn't buy them. He can make every single talented player look like total shit and then hold his hands up saying "not my fault, I didn't choose this rubbish".

But suggestion that a manager might affect their performances has scorn quickly poured all over it, after all they're paid enough to take responsibility for themselves.

You hear it all the time - "Don't blame Pardew, what could he have done differently today?" - coached the team to a competent standard over a 3-year period perhaps? But people think you've got a screw loose if you think he's doing anything wrong beyond what team he picked and what subs he makes, as if it's some sort of paranoid conspiracy theory to suggest that maybe the manager could possibly have any sort of effect on the performances of the players before or after he's written their names on the teamsheet.

Great post. No wonder Pardew is constantly licking Ashley's rim, he's provided him with a perfect get out of jail card.

He didn't develop any of those players, they are exactly the same as when we bought them.

Great post. No wonder Pardew is constantly licking Ashley's rim, he's provided him with a perfect get out of jail card.

I'm not sure about this TBH, surely he's just towing the party line because he wants to be manager of NUFC?

You're possibly right about Pardew not being seen as being responsible for transfers means he comes under less criticism. But then again, it's a fact that it's not his decision. I find it extremely hard to believe Pardew himself is grateful for not being responsible for signings because it means he can get away with being shit.