Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Without wanting to do an Ian or a Bret and prescribe straw-man opinions to "the forum" or "people on here" : as far as I can tell a lot of the people who support Pardew and argue that rolling the dice with an Ashley appointment is too much of a risk, are the same people that argue that ousting Ashley is too much of a risk as there are "lot's of worse owners and bad men out there".

These people literally want to do nothing NOTHING about the sad situation Newcastle United football club is in. In fact, they mostly actively try to keep the s*** situation exactly as it is by 1) Going to the matches 2) Discouraging others from not going to the matches 3) Going to great lengths to point out that the situation is "not that bad" by producing graphs or saying things have always been bad/worse than they are now. 

Surely everyone agrees that the current situation is s*** and that the Ashley/Pardew combo is a cancer wasting away years of the clubs life in mediocrity and apathy. Yet some look forward to being applauded and admired, years from now, for the valiant and courageous way that they ate they s*** they were served up 'with a smile and a wave'.

Firstly, I've never done that thing about 'people on here'. Secondly, you've ironically completely misrepresented the position you're arguing against.

Krul's much better than he was 4 years back.

That may be down to Woodman being a decent GK coach,  has nothing to do with Pardew's input

Who said it was? Pardew wouldn't really be having any input into his progression as a keeper, anyway. Nor is he in some way holding him back.

Krul's much better than he was 4 years back.

That may be down to Woodman being a decent GK coach,  has nothing to do with Pardew's input

Who said it was? Pardew wouldn't really be having any input into his progression as a keeper, anyway. Nor is he in some way holding him back.

i was agreeing with you that he is a better keeper now than 4 yrs ago.

Guest Dontooner

Just kill him already, "process of winning a match" makes no sense whatsoever when he spouts it.

Without wanting to do an Ian or a Bret and prescribe straw-man opinions to "the forum" or "people on here" : as far as I can tell a lot of the people who support Pardew and argue that rolling the dice with an Ashley appointment is too much of a risk, are the same people that argue that ousting Ashley is too much of a risk as there are "lot's of worse owners and bad men out there".

These people literally want to do nothing NOTHING about the sad situation Newcastle United football club is in. In fact, they mostly actively try to keep the s*** situation exactly as it is by 1) Going to the matches 2) Discouraging others from not going to the matches 3) Going to great lengths to point out that the situation is "not that bad" by producing graphs or saying things have always been bad/worse than they are now. 

Surely everyone agrees that the current situation is s*** and that the Ashley/Pardew combo is a cancer wasting away years of the clubs life in mediocrity and apathy. Yet some look forward to being applauded and admired, years from now, for the valiant and courageous way that they ate they s*** they were served up 'with a smile and a wave'.

Just getting in to say this is an OK post before you get absolutely hammered.

Just kill him already, "process of winning a match" makes no sense whatsoever when he spouts it.

He's going to be working on the process of winning a match this week as a priority which is good to know.

"It's the process lads if you get that right we'll have no problems. Remy, your process is to score goals. Krul, try and improve the process to stop them. Mike, The set pieces process isn't working too well, so try jumping higher" etc.

The thing with Pardew is I don't just think he's a shit manager, I also happen to think he's a shit human being who has headbutted a player and called a colleague "an old cunt". And that's just this season, these kinds of events have been notorious throughout his career. He's a disgrace to this fine old football club. So even if Ashley, in the unlikely situation where Pardew is sacked/walks, hires an equally shit manager, I just can't see where he would find an equally shit human being.

I don't give a shit who comes in at this point, I cannot fathom anyone doing much worse with the tools he'll have at his disposal! Freddy Shephard made some notoriously dodgy managerial appointments, hell he only got it right twice but I never heard a better the devil you know statement when Gullit was here or Dogleash.

I'd rather take a dip into the unknown than risk another season of what we KNOW will be shite football, humiliating on AND off field antics spattered with the odd ground out victory.

I want something to be excited about again, even if it is short lived and we embark on the next crusade to have the manager shifted, anything is better than this numb ambivalence!

Guest Dontooner

The thing with Pardew is I don't just think he's a s*** manager, I also happen to think he's a s*** human being who has headbutted a player and called a colleague "an old c***". And that's just this season, these kinds of events have been notorious throughout his career. He's a disgrace to this fine old football club. So even if Ashley, in the unlikely situation where Pardew is sacked/walks, hires an equally s*** manager, I just can't see where he would find an equally s*** human being.

Now how do i give you a thumbs up on this post.

The thing with Pardew is I don't just think he's a s*** manager, I also happen to think he's a s*** human being who has headbutted a player and called a colleague "an old c***". And that's just this season, these kinds of events have been notorious throughout his career. He's a disgrace to this fine old football club. So even if Ashley, in the unlikely situation where Pardew is sacked/walks, hires an equally s*** manager, I just can't see where he would find an equally s*** human being.

Agreed.

Agreed.