Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest reefatoon

"we has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like"

That's the most sensible quote I have heard from him.

"But we have become a very functional team now, and that's what has really got to get us through until such time as Loic is back and Mathieu is back and Tim is back."

"If we were a boxer and that was our last fight, we might have had to sit on that performance for six months, so in some ways we are lucky and hopefully we can capitalise on that with a good performance."

Well do ya feel lucky?

Guest neesy111

Really good caller on Total Sport now putting together a well-thought out and coherent argument (with the stats to back it up) about Pardew's failings.

Anyone on here?

Big Geordie?

Just saw some bits of him on Look North.

Usual bullshit about why we got beat - Lack of energy. Lack of determination and desire.

Note that it's never about a lack of flair, creativity or skill - Things this clogger doesn't care less about. All he wants is people who will run round a lot, track back, get stuck in. No interest at all about actually being good at football. The utter clownshoes buffoon. He'd be too scared to play Ginola because he doesn't run back enough. God I hate him. Football is about enjoyment, about entertainment. There's none at all to be gained from watching a single moment of this man's teams play. I can't wait until the day we have a proper attacking manager in place who can see beyond a skillset of running round lots.

Usual bullshit about why we got beat - Lack of energy. Lack of determination and desire.

Note that it's never about a lack of flair, creativity or skill - Things this clogger doesn't care less about. All he wants is people who will run round a lot, track back, get stuck in. No interest at all about actually being good at football. The utter clownshoes buffoon. He'd be too scared to play Ginola because he doesn't run back enough. God I hate him. Football is about enjoyment, about entertainment. There's none at all to be gained from watching a single moment of this man's teams play. I can't wait until the day we have a proper attacking manager in place who can see beyond a skillset of running round lots.

It's not even the fact that he's a clogger manager who loves a long ball and a tackle. They're ten-a-penny and we've had plenty ourselves. It's the way he pretends, despite what is absolutely fucking obvious if you watch what's happening on the field, that he's some sort of attacking footballing guru, held back from playing a slick, quick passing game only by the mugs that have been bought for him. If only he'd snapped up Darren Bent and James Tomkins, the poor soul.

It's not even the fact that he's a clogger manager who loves a long ball and a tackle. They're ten-a-penny and we've had plenty ourselves. It's the way he pretends, despite what is absolutely f***ing obvious if you watch what's happening on the field, that he's some sort of attacking footballing guru, held back from playing a slick, quick passing game only by the mugs that have been bought for him. If only he'd snapped up Darren Bent and James Tomkins, the poor soul.

Its like what that guy said after Hughton was sacked, in that video, from ESPN, that's years and years old, posted a few pages back; is actually true.

The usual excuses, but even if these were the actual reasons we lost they would still be traceable to failures from the coaching staff. Why should a team that hasn't played in Europe and went out of the cups very early be tired? As to a lack of "determination and desire" (read "tracking back", "getting stuck in"), it's interesting how a player like Robben without these natural instincts tracks back under Heynckes or Guardiola; how players seemingly lacking a strong work ethic seem to find one under good coaches. It's the manager's job to motivate his players.

“I thought it showed at Southampton that the gap was significant between us and Southampton on that particular day and that gap was not there when we played them at home and beat them one nil.

“The injuries have made us weaker, what we must do as a squad is to try to get a result with the team that we have got.”

Just making up results now :anguish:

I just saw that in the mag, can't believe they're still having a go at Ashley for it all and Pardew gets a free ride, shit excuses aside?! Felt I had to comment on the shite.

It's like he's reached the stage that so many failing managers reach: the point where they go uber-batshit before finally taking the bullet. Depressing to know that he's going to be here for years more.

It's not even the fact that he's a clogger manager who loves a long ball and a tackle. They're ten-a-penny and we've had plenty ourselves. It's the way he pretends, despite what is absolutely fucking obvious if you watch what's happening on the field, that he's some sort of attacking footballing guru, held back from playing a slick, quick passing game only by the mugs that have been bought for him. If only he'd snapped up Darren Bent and James Tomkins, the poor soul.

Two cracking posts from Chris and Wullie. Absolutely nailed it.

Joey Barton speaking to Clive Woodward on 5 Live tonight - Pardew is a fantastic man manager and one of the top 3 managers he's ever worked with. Woodward also endorsed him from Southampton.

:sad:

Don't pretend you don't love that shit :lol:

:lol:

I don't agree he's very good, just interesting to hear different points of view from behind the scenes. I was certainly surprised.

Guest bimpy474

Joey Barton speaking to Clive Woodward on 5 Live tonight - Pardew is a fantastic man manager and one of the top 3 managers he's ever worked with. Woodward also endorsed him from Southampton.

You huge gaylord.

Don't pretend you don't love that s*** :lol:

I don't agree he's very good, just interesting to hear different points of view from behind the scenes. I was certainly surprised.

Doesn't surprise me with Barton tbh, he probably played his best football under Pardew.

He played his best football under Keegan. I wonder where he rates among Barton's top 3 managers?

You huge gaylord.

I nearly didn't post it, just thought it was worth sharing. Obviously it doesn't necessarily mean that much, Barton is mental and Clive Woodward doesn't know much about football.

Guest bimpy474

You huge gaylord.

I nearly didn't post it, just thought it was worth sharing. Obviously it doesn't necessarily mean that much, Barton is mental and Clive Woodward doesn't know much about football.

Aye i guess you're right. Mental and an eggchaser :lol:

Don't pretend you don't love that s*** :lol:

Doesn't surprise me with Barton tbh, he probably played his best football under Pardew.

He played his best football under Keegan. I wonder where he rates among Barton's top 3 managers?

Stuart Pearce tbh. Again, possibly sums the bloke up.

“I thought it showed at Southampton that the gap was significant between us and Southampton on that particular day and that gap was not there when we played them at home and beat them one nil.

That's not real?