Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Like many people who for some odd reason defended Pardew heavily throughout the past couple of years Ian is currently in some weird state of limbo, where he feels like he has to go on as if he wasn't defending Pardew, but instead just offering an alternative view to what is being described as "mental hatred." Hence we get a lot of posts that don't really mean anything, but just say "he's bad yeah, we all KNOW that, but he isn't AS bad as people are saying." This gets classified as defending him, because it is defending him.

Or perhaps that's really just his point of view? This arrogant rubbish is the exact reason why this thread is so crap.

And telling people that their opinions against someone are irrational or mental isn't arrogant? :lol:

This thread is crap because people are still trying to bring a reasonable defence to the table for Pardew despite there being none, and people like you coming in all chilled like "It's just his opinion, man" Fair enough, this is my opinion, I reckon it's f***ing rubbish, and people who are sick to their back teeth of the bloke managing us are obviously going to find it pretty antagonising.

Eh? When I say the hatred is mental I'm not responding to normal, or even quite extreme, criticism of Pardew. There are many posts that go way beyond that and it honestly comes across as borderline psychotic.

The club means a lot to people Ian for Pardew and Ashley to treat it with such disdain causes a lot of vitriol.

I don't understand how you can be offended by posts on here when Alan belittles the club and the supporter base as well as the north east on a weekly basis

The club means a lot to me as well. I'm not offended by anything, I just think a lot of it is over the top. Not that my opinion on that matters, just saying.

It's the internet man. It's built on hyperbole and who can be the most shocking.

The players got booed and told to f*** off when they came over after the game.

They did....well, actually, it was just Santon who came over, really-Anita came halfway and Elliot sort of moved towards us.

To be fair to Santon, he kept on coming in the face of the boos and held his hands up-for which he got applauded. And rightly so, imo- he was being applauded for coming over and facing the stick and being the only one to have the bollocks to say sorry.

They didn't get boos, they got applause. They all did, not just Santon. There was a bit of booing, but it soon made way...

Well in the Strawberry Corner it was all boos until Santon came over. Can't think why anyone would want to applaud that sh*tty performance anyway???

They did....well, actually, it was just Santon who came over, really-Anita came halfway and Elliot sort of moved towards us.

To be fair to Santon, he kept on coming in the face of the boos and held his hands up-for which he got applauded. And rightly so, imo- he was being applauded for coming over and facing the stick and being the only one to have the bollocks to say sorry.

I've always liked Santon. Always seemed like a good lad. I remember against Benfica last season he made that horrible mistake but spent the rest of the game trying to get forward and make up for his error

:thup:

Yeah, Santon's a good lad, took some actual balls to do that at the end of the game. Thought he showed some decent flashes at RB too.

Him, Carver, Stone, Woodman, Beardsley and Watson have got to go and go now.

I've seen us relegated 3 times but can't remember us ever shipping goals like we have done since the new Year, we used to lose but not by 3 or 4 every week.

Like many people who for some odd reason defended Pardew heavily throughout the past couple of years Ian is currently in some weird state of limbo, where he feels like he has to go on as if he wasn't defending Pardew, but instead just offering an alternative view to what is being described as "mental hatred." Hence we get a lot of posts that don't really mean anything, but just say "he's bad yeah, we all KNOW that, but he isn't AS bad as people are saying." This gets classified as defending him, because it is defending him.

Or perhaps that's really just his point of view? This arrogant rubbish is the exact reason why this thread is so crap.

And telling people that their opinions against someone are irrational or mental isn't arrogant? :lol:

This thread is crap because people are still trying to bring a reasonable defence to the table for Pardew despite there being none, and people like you coming in all chilled like "It's just his opinion, man" Fair enough, this is my opinion, I reckon it's f***ing rubbish, and people who are sick to their back teeth of the bloke managing us are obviously going to find it pretty antagonising.

Eh? When I say the hatred is mental I'm not responding to normal, or even quite extreme, criticism of Pardew. There are many posts that go way beyond that and it honestly comes across as borderline psychotic.

The club means a lot to people Ian for Pardew and Ashley to treat it with such disdain causes a lot of vitriol.

I don't understand how you can be offended by posts on here when Alan belittles the club and the supporter base as well as the north east on a weekly basis

The club means a lot to me as well. I'm not offended by anything, I just think a lot of it is over the top. Not that my opinion on that matters, just saying.

So what do you advocate then Ian?

Are you happy to continue on the current path or do you feel change is needed? If you feel change is needed what action/actions need to be taken?

I would love Pardew to be sacked and replaced with a good manager, but that's kind of obvious. My main worry is what comes after the sacking. Saying that, we're getting close to the point where he should be sacked anyway.

'Change' in the abstract isn't something I'm comfortable supporting, I need to think about the detail.

I understand people who want to not go to games, I just don't think they should take moral high ground over fans that still want to go. That's also because I believe they don't have any power to change things.

Not sure what to say to satisfy people, I've explained my views many times, as much as anyone else on here.

It's the internet man. It's built on hyperbole and who can be the most shocking.

Sure, I get that. I ignore a load of stuff FWIW.

They didn't get boos, they got applause. They all did, not just Santon. There was a bit of booing, but it soon made way...

Well in the Strawberry Corner it was all boos until Santon came over. Can't think why anyone would want to applaud that sh*tty performance anyway???

I'm in the Strawberry Corner too. It seemed like force of habit, people just clapped because it was the done thing.

Are you happy to continue on the current path or do you feel change is needed? If you feel change is needed what action/actions need to be taken?

I would love Pardew to be sacked and replaced with a good manager, but that's kind of obvious. My main worry is what comes after the sacking. Saying that, we're getting close to the point where he should be sacked anyway.

'Change' in the abstract isn't something I'm comfortable supporting, I need to think about the detail.

I understand people who want to not go to games, I just don't think they should take moral high ground over fans that still want to go. That's also because I believe they don't have any power to change things.

Not sure what to say to satisfy people, I've explained my views many times, as much as anyone else on here.

Getting Close??? That ship should have sailed long enough since I'm afraid.

Guest neesy111

My issue with Ian is that when he makes a point, he can muffle it and then sometimes is quick to blame others for missing the point when he doesn't make his clear in the first place.

He is a good poster though and is entitled to his viewpoint, whatever it is because I still don't know what it is tbh on Pardew.

(This post

I've seen us relegated 3 times but can't remember us ever shipping goals like we have done since the new Year, we used to lose but not by 3 or 4 every week.

Understand all of them associated with the first team and Beardsley 'cos he's an arse-licker, but not sure what Dave Watson's done?

Fair play, I think a lot of stick you get is based around you appearing to defend a lot of the decisions Pardew makes.

We have no idea what the fans can or can't do because we haven't tried to do anything It would be good if we could be united and try to make a change as a collective.

My issue with Ian is that when he makes a point, he can quite a bit muffle it and then sometimes is quick to blame others for missing the point when he doesn't make his clear in the first place.

He is a good poster though.

http://i.imgur.com/uUP8MzE.jpg

Getting close to the point??????  This "let's keep Pol Pot in, because somebody worse might come along" mentality is the antithesis of personal evolution.  There's always a gamble involved, but tbh it's not a particularly large Icarus-style gamble here.

Guest neesy111

My issue with Ian is that when he makes a point, he can quite a bit muffle it and then sometimes is quick to blame others for missing the point when he doesn't make his clear in the first place.

He is a good poster though.

http://i.imgur.com/uUP8MzE.jpg

I'm wondering whether I've missed the point as well. :lol:

Understand all of them associated with the first team and Beardsley 'cos he's an arse-licker, but not sure what Dave Watson's done?

Just a clean sweep really and the fact that we produce nothing at all from the academy.

People like me being rational and having the mental capacity to not keep on getting ridiculously worked up over one person's opinion? People say Ian's the battered wife, what about the individuals that keep on getting irate at what he says when you can just ignore him?  :lol:

I can't say I've ever really seen Ian as arrogant, no, although, it's probably just overshadowed by the far more overt obnoxiousness you see regularly in this thread.

I don't agree with Ian, I want Pardew gone but I just see no reason to see stuff like what you've just posted.

Well, you know, maybe that's just my point of view?

Just a clean sweep really and the fact that we produce nothing at all from the academy.

From the reports I've read in some of the local rags he's had quite a bit of praise for their cup run this season.  Surely their failure to take it any further is when they end up working with the first-team coaches?

Agree with the rest though.  I've gone on like a broken record for donkeys about Woodman.  Can't understand what he must do in training.  Krul still flaps at crosses, can't kick for shit and Elliot has just remained generally useless.  Throw Alnwick in, too and he's working with three players.  Hardly a heavy caseload.

From the reports I've read in some of the local rags he's had quite a bit of praise for their cup run this season.  Surely their failure to take it any further is when they end up working with the first-team coaches?

Agree with the rest though.  I've gone on like a broken record for donkeys about Woodman.  Can't understand what he must do in training.  Krul still flaps at crosses, can't kick for shit and Elliot has just remained generally useless.  Throw Alnwick in, too and he's working with three players.  Hardly a heavy caseload.

Why blood a kid when you can bring on a striker who is soon to be out of contract & hasn't scored a league goal for years?

Not that embarrassing a kid would work well either at the moment tbf.

Guest neesy111

I wouldn't blood kids (start them) tbh, we could absolutely wreck them if they have any potential.  Although the Shola sub was just a joke