Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

88% want him sacked on the chronicle poll. Heartening I guess

Its 89% now. With other chairman I think it would have made a difference, sadly with MA he couldn't give a fuck what anyone thinks. Its so frustrating.

Guest tollemache

I'm inclined to agree, but I think there might be a genuine chance he'll get the boot if this run continues. If he truly loses the players I can see it happening

88% want him sacked on the chronicle poll. Heartening I guess

Its 89% now. With other chairman I think it would have made a difference, sadly with MA he couldn't give a fuck what anyone thinks. Its so frustrating.

Poll results online won't make any difference while the St James crowd are so passive. If the crowd were more vocal against Pardew you can bet the national press would sit up and start taking notice, but as it is no one even thinks there's an issue. They didn't even bother talking about us on MOTD.

Guest tollemache

We don't register on MOTD because the remainder of our season constitutes a tussle for 8th / 9th. We're completely irrelevant to the title race or the relegation dogfight. SJP could be a cauldron of abuse and I still don't think it'd particularly show up on the MOTD radar.

I'm inclined to agree, but I think there might be a genuine chance he'll get the boot if this run continues. If he truly loses the players I can see it happening

The players have had enough of him, no fucker likes him at the club. He won't be here next year I'm almost certain of it.

I felt he lost the players as soon as the January window shut without any players coming in. Looking at our squad I can`t think of any character in it to maybe instigate a player revolt, stir things up or put pressure on Pardew. The same as I don`t see a leader out there every week.

Guest tollemache

There doesn't have to be a clear leader in the squad for their relationship with the manager to break down beyond repair.

Been mentioned elsewhere but if these performances are the product of a motivated team who are behind their manager then how fucking bad is it going to get once he does lose them? :lol:

Blatantly obvious they've quit on him. It's just prolonging the suffering now. 

There doesn't have to be a clear leader in the squad for their relationship with the manager to break down beyond repair.

That's already apparent if you ask me, but to get someone to go to Ashley or the press. Anything really that usually gets a manager sacked just isn`t going to happen with the type of characters in our squad let alone someone man enough to make Ashley listen.

Guest tollemache

To a certain extent I think they've just lost their motivation because there's nothing to play for. Not saying that's the be all and end all of it - clearly it's not - but we're certainly not the first team to have their form evaporate in these kind of circumstances.

Guest tollemache

That's already apparent if you ask me, but to get someone to go to Ashley or the press. Anything really that usually gets a manager sacked just isn`t going to happen with the type of characters in our squad let alone someone man enough to make Ashley listen.

I think information on that kind of thing would tend to seep throughout the club anyway. It doesn't take a player to complain or lead some kind of rebellion, it just becomes obvious. The squad doesn't exist in a bubble, they're surrounded by coaches and executives who can all see what's happening.

Been mentioned elsewhere but if these performances are the product of a motivated team who are behind their manager then how fucking bad is it going to get once he does lose them? :lol:

debatable about if they've quit on him since pretty much the same thing was said last season and then there was the first half of this season when its clear they hadn't but what is clear is they've quit on the season and while Pardew has to take blame for failure to motivate them since we were safe its also a malaise that runs far deeper than just Pardew thats caused by Mike Ashley, there is no ambition at the club to better our current position and that spreads to the players who stop caring about the season when there's absolutely nothing to chase. The squad itself doesn't help as there is no leader at all in the dressing room or anyone who is even close to qualifying as one.

What evidence would prove this to you?

Guest tollemache

Some kind of leak from the club perhaps, or him getting sacked for that reason

A poor run of form, conceding a lot of goals, good players looking a shadow of their former selves...actually, hang on...

debatable about if they've quit on him since pretty much the same thing was said last season and then there was the first half of this season when its clear they hadn't but what is clear is they've quit on the season and while Pardew has to take blame for failure to motivate them since we were safe its also a malaise that runs far deeper than just Pardew thats caused by Mike Ashley, there is no ambition at the club to better our current position and that spreads to the players who stop caring about the season when there's absolutely nothing to chase. The squad itself doesn't help as there is no leader at all in the dressing room or anyone who is even close to qualifying as one.

Loss of motivation with nothing to play for is one thing, getting hammered by 3's an 4's week in week out would suggest a more serious problem.

Guest neesy111

There was a huge bust-up with the players at the back end of last season, hence the Telegraph still being banned for reporting it.

They aren't banned now IIRC. 

Guest tollemache

Not the relegation form we're in then.

Obviously it's pretty damning but we don't know for sure. In the past we've had terrible runs of form yet he's appeared to have kept the squad more or less content. It could just be that our season is effectively over so the players are phoning in their performances, or it could be that the players have genuinely abandoned the manager. I suspect it'll become clear one way or the other at some point soon, be it via a leak or some kind of decision / statement, but there's just not enough information to call it right now.

The way we're playing I wouldn't be at all surprised if the team was on the verge of a mutiny mind