Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He was blaming the press for the supporters' reaction, not the result or the performance.

Daft thing for him to say in any event, but in the interests of accuracy....

In the interest of accuracy, it was bullshit.

Guest hatem garrincha

Give him all the players he asks, he would still be a crap manager, with negative approach of the game.  He'd still be the manager of a club playing boring and defensive football, with mid table ambition every season.

He didn't specify the word "players" did he?

Knowing this c*nt, he'll be meaning himself not being in the dugout, JC not being Asst Manager because he was manager on the touchline, Stone wasn't coach as he was covering as Asst Manager on the touchline.

Can play havoc on the team.

"Professionals" I think it was. Thought similar at the time. Suitably vague to get around if pulled up.

Given he's a known PR bullshitter it would have been deliberate. It's only when he's flustered his guard drops.

Direct quote from the BBC interview: 'We've got ten players missing at the moment, it's a lot of players to be missing'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27004536 0:35

@Ryan_G92  18m

To the #NUFC fan who grabbed me by the throat for having a 'Pardew out' banner I hope you're proud,you sad little man.Sorry for not agreeing

Think it's quite unbelievable that Pardew has so many apologists. The drivel he has been coming out with recently is nothing short of embarrassing,

I had dinner at the Masters last night with Guy Roux - just me and a colleague and him and his son who works in golf. Roux is one of the most famous French Managers ever, winning the title with Auxerre.  As you guys know, without being a Pardew apologist, I think a lot of the criticism of him is misplaced and that the issue is the owner, lack of investment and a team that has played the second half of the season basically without Cabaye and Remy. With both those players and the same manager, we looked a bloody good team before Christmas. If you ask football people in France and Holland for example, they will tell you that players like Tiote, Anita (yes really), Goffran and Sissoko were not true, top-drawer players when they played in those leagues.

Anyway, didn't mean to rant, just trying to be balanced. Despite the above, Guy Roux said that Ben Arfa would always be on his teamsheet before Remy..he also said that Remy will always be injury-prone because of some sort of injury he suffered when he was wrong. He also talked fondly of Laurent Robert, who he managed.

Guest bimpy474

Being without one or two players, however good they may be, should not result in the team being fucking arseholed virtually every week without scoring.

Fucking bang on.

Being without one or two players, however good they may be, should not result in the team being f***ing arseholed virtually every week without scoring.

but that is basically Pardew's whole strategy, he wants our whole team to essentially keep it tight and then to rely on individual efforts from the strikers to score, his 'bits of magic'.

Guest bimpy474

Being without one or two players, however good they may be, should not result in the team being f***ing arseholed virtually every week without scoring.

but that is basically Pardew's whole strategy, he wants our whole team to essentially keep it tight and then to rely on individual efforts from the strikers to score, his 'bits of magic'.

Exactly and shows Pardew's limitations up, he can't get a team playing well as a whole but give him 9 players to defend and 2 to give him those bits of magic. He thinks that makes him a good manager, it doesn't, it makes him a total coward and fraud.

I had dinner at the Masters last night with Guy Roux - just me and a colleague and him and his son who works in golf. Roux is one of the most famous French Managers ever, winning the title with Auxerre.  As you guys know, without being a Pardew apologist, I think a lot of the criticism of him is misplaced and that the issue is the owner, lack of investment and a team that has played the second half of the season basically without Cabaye and Remy. With both those players and the same manager, we looked a bloody good team before Christmas. If you ask football people in France and Holland for example, they will tell you that players like Tiote, Anita (yes really), Goffran and Sissoko were not true, top-drawer players when they played in those leagues.

Anyway, didn't mean to rant, just trying to be balanced. Despite the above, Guy Roux said that Ben Arfa would always be on his teamsheet before Remy..he also said that Remy will always be injury-prone because of some sort of injury he suffered when he was wrong. He also talked fondly of Laurent Robert, who he managed.

When Remy went to QPR he was quoted as saying if he didn't feel right he wouldn't play or something like that didn't he? I remember a lot (probably myself included) laughing about it.

We finished 5th bottom last season with Cabaye, having him may have made no difference, not having him is just another excuse for the fraud.