Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't understand the militant element of the anti-Pardew support that will willfully distort an event just to avoid giving the man any credit. This season he's done little wrong yet I've seen posters on here slag him off for being overly defensive at White Hart Lane, suggest that winning at Old Trafford ain't no ting, complain about the 5-1 against Stoke and more.

He's not a particularly likeable bloke, he's an Ashley shill, he's a gobshite and I get that but this attitude of laying the blame for anything at Pardew's door while giving him pelters for every little thing is pathetic and makes it hard to take anything said about him seriously.

Perspective lads. Get some.

Can you defend his record in the FA Cup? That's what I'm pissed off about right now, nothing to do with the league.

No, that's a major black mark against his name however I don't know how much those above him are influencing things. I'm sure he wants trophies if only for Brand Pardew because managers aren't judged on eighth place finishes, they're judged on trophies won.

I doubt Mike Ashley was phoning down to the bench telling him to send on Obertan.

Probably not, however I'm sure he'll have been reminded by his paymasters that the cup is not a priority.

Is that your idea of "perspective"?

Ashley might be a skinflint but he has provided this dunderhead of a manager with a squad better than 90% of the English league to make a fist of it in the cups, even if he wants to rest some players. Pardew could have played a 2nd 11 that would be worth 3 times Cardiff's team that was out there today.

To those saying the players need to take their share of the blame for the result and performance, as is the case in the league this is of course true.  However when people say that the players need to share the blame for certain hallmarks of Pardew's regime so far such as negative football, shitting ourselves and holding on to leads for dear life, lack of movement off the ball and also this repeated surrender in the early stages of the cups, it doesn't seem to take into account the change in personnel over the last 3 years.  Pardew's a really unlucky chap if he keeps getting given these negative, rout-averse, non-moving cup bottlers as players.

Our lineups in the last 4 years of this competition, all against lesser opposition:

Stevenage (a) 2011 - lost 2-1

Krul

Simpson

Perch

Coloccini

Williamson

Barton

Smith

Nolan

Best

Routledge

Lovenkrands

Subs:

Ranger

Tiote

Airey

Brighton (a) 2012 - lost 1-0

Krul

Simpson

Williamson

Perch

Santon

Ben Arfa

Guthrie

Cabaye

Best

Shola Ameobi

Gutierrez

Subs:

Ryan Taylor

Gosling

Ferguson

Brighton (a) 2013 - lost 2-0

Elliot

Tavernier

Perch

Williamson

Santon

Anita

Abeid

Bigirimana

Obertan

Shola Ameobi

Sammy Ameobi

Subs:

Dummett

Ranger

Marveaux

Cardiff (h) 2014 - lost 2-1

Elliot

Santon

Haidara

Steven Taylor

Yanga-Mbiwa

Tiote

Sissoko

Anita

Ben Arfa

Gouffran

Cisse

Subs:

Remy

Shola Ameobi

Obertan

By my reckoning that's 40 separate players who haven't been able to get us past the 3rd/4th round against opposition we should be beating under Pardew's leadership, and again we're hearing that another one of these Pardew trends is considerably influenced by the players or in the manager's words after today's game "The cup seems to elude us, in terms of getting a win". 

It's not the same set of players but it is the same manager, so this is another trend that you have to lay mostly at the manager's door IMO.

To those saying the players need to take their share of the blame for the result and performance, as is the case in the league this is of course true.  However when people say that the players need to share the blame for certain hallmarks of Pardew's regime so far such as negative football, shitting ourselves and holding on to leads for dear life, lack of movement off the ball and also this repeated surrender in the early stages of the cups, it doesn't seem to take into account the change in personnel over the last 3 years.  Pardew's a really unlucky chap if he keeps getting given these negative, rout-averse, non-moving cup bottlers as players.

Our lineups in the last 4 years of this competition, all against lesser opposition:

Krul

Simpson

Perch

Coloccini

Williamson

Barton

Smith

Nolan

Best

Routledge

Lovenkrands

Subs:

Ranger

Tiote

Airey

Krul

Simpson

Williamson

Perch

Santon

Ben Arfa

Guthrie

Cabaye

Best

Shola Ameobi

Gutierrez

Subs:

Ryan Taylor

Gosling

Ferguson

Elliot

Tavernier

Perch

Williamson

Santon

Anita

Abeid

Bigirimana

Obertan

Shola Ameobi

Sammy Ameobi

Subs:

Dummett

Ranger

Marveaux

Elliot

Santon

Haidara

Steven Taylor

Yanga-Mbiwa

Tiote

Sissoko

Anita

Ben Arfa

Gouffran

Cisse

Subs:

Remy

Shola Ameobi

Obertan

By my reckoning that's 40 separate players who haven't been able to get us past the 3rd/4th round against opposition we should be beating under Pardew's leadership, and again we're hearing that another one of these Pardew trends is considerably influenced by the players or in the manager's words after today's game "The cup seems to elude us, in terms of getting a win". 

It's not the same set of players but it is the same manager, so this is another trend that you have to lay mostly at the manager's door IMO.

:thup: Obvious to those who don't wear Pardew coloured shades of course

Krul

Simpson

Perch

Coloccini

Williamson

Barton

Smith

Nolan

Best

Routledge

Lovenkrands

Subs:

Ranger

Tiote

Airey

Krul

Simpson

Williamson

Perch

Santon

Ben Arfa

Guthrie

Cabaye

Best

Shola Ameobi

Gutierrez

Subs:

Ryan Taylor

Gosling

Ferguson

Elliot

Tavernier

Perch

Williamson

Santon

Anita

Abeid

Bigirimana

Obertan

Shola Ameobi

Sammy Ameobi

Subs:

Dummett

Ranger

Marveaux

Elliot

Santon

Haidara

Steven Taylor

Yanga-Mbiwa

Tiote

Sissoko

Anita

Ben Arfa

Gouffran

Cisse

Subs:

Remy

Shola Ameobi

Obertan

Precisely.

Did he really say Science was against him??

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardew-admits-newcastle-united-6468956

Pardew suffered his third exit in the third round stage of his tenure.

And Pardew reflected: “I am disappointed with my group.

“We’ve managed to lose a game that we were in control of.

“We don’t seem to be able to get through this tie (third round day)

“For the last three years I don’t know, it’s science against me.

“As a group we were up for the game.

“The first half was difficult because there wasn’t 50,000 in here to assess, I thought we played quite well.

“We contained them and controlled the game.

“The start of the second half was terrific and we looked OK.

“But the last 20 minutes we didn’t play well and it lost us the game.”

Pick the bones out of that.

“The first half was difficult because there wasn’t 50,000 in here to assess, I thought we played quite well.

:lol: :lol: Blames 'science' then blames a low crowd for the first half? Is the excuses thread still about?!

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardew-admits-newcastle-united-6468956

Well if I do, I'll just get accused of picking on every word and twisting it to make him sound like a clueless pleb.

In this game we controlled they had more possession and around same shots, in what way did we control the game, proper cunt and blaming science, may as well blame the fucking universe or global warming next prick.

I remember a couple of FA Cup defeats for SBR that were met with real fury from the support, particularly that defeat away at Wolves, who were top of Division 1 iirc.

An incredible turnaround in attitudes from the support in the ten years since.

Yup. I remember that. Lost 3-2. I was fucking fuming

In this game we controlled they had more possession and around same shots, in what way did we control the game, proper c*** and blaming science, may as well blame the f***ing universe or global warming next prick.

He's telling people what to think, as usual, some our educationally challenged will swallow it.

In this game we controlled they had more possession and around same shots, in what way did we control the game, proper c*** and blaming science, may as well blame the f***ing universe or global warming next prick.

He's telling people what to think, as usual, some our educationally challenged will swallow it.

I have given him credit for some good results but not blinded by the fucker, he's full of shit and we are horrific and all to predictable at times. Nobody should be swallowing the fact we make no effort in cups whatsoever no matter how blinded they are.

If anyone doesn't think this is a horrific result and buys his shit then fuck me they wanna be shot