Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Genuine question, give me an English manager who plays this brand of exciting football?

Kevin Keegan

Bobby Robson

Thanks for that Sherlock, so your realistic answer is 0. You can't think of a single manager from the PL down to League 2 that is worthy of even a mention? This exciting brand of football that every football fan in the country wants to watch yet not one English manager is able to implement that style of play on his side and make it successful.

Brendan Rodgers and Nigel Adkins without even bothering to think about it dipshit.  Your knowledge of football may be comparable only to your testicles for insignificance but some of us actually watch the game.

Brenden's Irish

And northern ireland is part of....

Britain, not England.

Technically its not part of Britain either

Guest bimpy474

Genuine question, give me an English manager who plays this brand of exciting football?

Kevin Keegan

Bobby Robson

Thanks for that Sherlock, so your realistic answer is 0. You can't think of a single manager from the PL down to League 2 that is worthy of even a mention? This exciting brand of football that every football fan in the country wants to watch yet not one English manager is able to implement that style of play on his side and make it successful.

Brendan Rodgers and Nigel Adkins without even bothering to think about it dipshit.  Your knowledge of football may be comparable only to your testicles for insignificance but some of us actually watch the game.

Brenden's Irish

Scraping the barrel and heading off to Northern Ireland for a talented manager.

Nigel Adkins, fucking hell. You're really backing things up here...

Just because Pardew is English doesn't mean he cant have his teams play attractive football, is that really what your saying. Absolutely ridiculous.

So Brett is excusing Pardew's football because he's English. Pathetic.

Why are we talking exclusively about English managers when it comes to playing style?

Have to narrow it down.  It'll be managers who previously played in defence for crystal palace next.

Guest bimpy474

Why are we talking exclusively about English managers when it comes to playing style?

I say we should play better football, Brett is basically saying English managers dont, and never really do.

Can we add that to the list of excuses ?.

I'm not excusing anything, i'm saying this style of football is quite clearly not as easy to be successful with when only a handful of managers in the country actually a making a name for themselves with it.

Every fan wants to watch this exciting brand of football so why do the majority of managers here play ‘anti football’? Just a question, forget Pardew for a second, just think of reasons why managers refuse to implement exciting football on their side. And like i said, standard of players isn't really the best excuse when Martinez done it in the lower leagues, as did Rodgers.

Kevin Keegan

Bobby Robson

Brenden's Irish

Its not part of England anyway and that's what the conversation was about

Apologies, I had thought he said British in his post.  I like to wind my Irish mate up by telling him he's British too as Ireland is geographically British.

Guest bimpy474

I'm not excusing anything, i'm saying this style of football is quite clearly not as easy to be successful with when only a handful of managers in the country actually a making a name for themselves with it.

Every fan wants to watch this exciting brand of football so why do the majority of managers here play ‘anti football’? Just a question, forget Pardew for a second, just think of reasons why managers refuse to implement exciting football on their side. And like i said, standard of players isn't really the best excuse when Martinez done it in the lower leagues, as did Rodgers.

You are excusing it, or why say it. You're more transparent that air.

Oh, if we're going for managers 'in the country' then we can hoy in Martinez, Laudrup, Wenger, and Pochettino anarl.

Hang about, Pardew has team of talented international players yet can rarely get them playing good attacking football.

How does the performance of any other manager absolve Pardew of not performing his job well enough?

Brett's clutching at straws, that's the ultimate conclusion.

Why exactly do we HAVE to hire English though? there's plenty of coaches out there that would do a good job and not all of them would demand much money in fact most of non-PL coaches wouldn't.

Too late now but there's no reason at all why we couldn't have hired Pochettino..... the excuses are wearing extremely thin.

This might be unpopular considering his history but i'd take McLaren over Pardew tbh.

Why exactly do we HAVE to hire English though? there's plenty of coaches out there that would do a good job and not all of them would demand much money in fact most of non-PL coaches wouldn't.

Too late now but there's no reason at all why we couldn't have hired Pochettino..... the excuses are wearing extremely thin.

This might be unpopular considering his history but i'd take McLaren over Pardew tbh.

Don't be silly.  You won't get a better grey haired english manager with the initials AP and a propensity to say 'we was' rather than 'we were' you stupid no nothing deluded geordie, get back in your hole.

This.

Guest chopey

The people who run Newcastle don't tend to have much football knowledge so just use their mates, its the old jobs for the boy's system

You are excusing it, or why say it. You're more transparent that air.

No my point is it's easy to come on forum and say well let's play exciting football, as if it's so easy to do. Do you not think every manager would love to have their team playing this exciting brand of football. Would Moyes not love to see Nani and Young on either wings flying past defenders, linking up with Rooney for then RVP to finish the moves off in style. It's just not as simple as people make out. What if our next manager wasn't foreign and hadn't implemented this brand on football on his former sides, do you give his 'anti football' a chance or not? Where does the pining for this football end or do we carry on moaning till we get our foreigner?

Hang about, Pardew has team of talented international players yet can rarely get them playing good attacking football.

How does the performance of any other manager absolve Pardew of not performing his job well enough?

Brett's clutching at straws, that's the ultimate conclusion.

I take his point in a sense, attacking football is not the norm. However winning football, more often than not, is achieved by the teams that play quality attacking football.

As Pardew has players capable of playing quality attacking football yet chooses not to, or can not achieve it, suggests he's failing in his job does it not?

We were spoilt when Keegan and SBR were our managers.

Before Keegan and post SBR we've endured shit and, for the vast majority of our history since the early 70s we have been shit with shit managers, including owners/chairmen.

The lads who continue to go to games, buy shirts and continue to pay for Sky subscriptions and then come on here to whine about the shit the club is delivering need to wake up and realise that they are perpetuating the delivery of said shit.

The golden years will return, but not with this lot running the club. The only way to hasten the change is not to give the current regime a penny of our hard earned. They'll soon get the message and fuck off.

I firmly believe that we should sack a manager and move on as soon as it's absolutely clear that they're not capable of coaching a pass-and-move style of play, especially if they have the right set of players to be able to play that way (and with Pardew, it's gone beyond "absolutely clear"). Otherwise we're just wasting valuable time and missing opportunities to hire up and coming talented managers with progressive ideas.

I firmly believe that we should sack a manager and move on as soon as it's absolutely clear that they're not capable of coaching a pass-and-move style of play, especially if they have the right set of players to be able to play that way (and with Pardew, it's gone beyond "absolutely clear"). Otherwise we're just wasting valuable time and missing opportunities to hire up and coming talented managers with progressive ideas.

We're one point behind Man U, 16 points above third bottom and 6 points off 4th, it is not going to happen.