Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I still can't get over the annoyance at the gardening leave thing as if that isn't common practice and offering less than we paid... I get negotiating down our high price totally but to less than we paid what did he think would happen?

Gardening leave wouldn't even be an issue if he paid the bill

Don't blame something completely normal in the exec business world because you're tight 

9 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Fergie had his fair share of digs at Newcastle like. :lol: Not entirely sure it's a dig either. He's saying you're being awkward, which you probably are and rightfully so.

Not sure what relevance Fergie has? 

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Sort of see his point about Todibo for example when the likes of Bournemouth, Brighton, Watford, Palace so the same. 

it’s because they are in the same competition. If they weren’t both in Europa league it would be allowed 

1 minute ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Not wanting to pay a high fee for Dan Ashworth is understandable, it's the cry arsing to the press that's unbearable

Either pay up or shut up

It’s the offering below what we paid for him while going on tv and expressing that Ashworth is ‘top in class’ etc that gets me. If you think he’s top in class don’t offer less than half of what his current club paid for him then try and paint that club out to be awkward. Cheap bastard 

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

Not sure what relevance Fergie has? 

You're saying he's treating us like Fulham because he's having digs at other clubs. Fergie was petty and had digs at clubs as well, including a certain wee club in the North East.

The only difference is that we were extremely successful then.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

You're saying he's treating us like Fulham because he's having digs at other clubs. Fergie was petty and had digs at clubs as well, including a certain wee club in the North East.

The only difference is that we were extremely successful then.

No that’s not what I meant. Sorry I probably wasn’t clear. I meant he’s treating you like Fulham by doing things on the cheap and moaning about gardening leave thru yet more public interviews. Every single thing he doesn’t like he ends up on tv talking about it. Todibo, ashworth Omar, the stadium, staff working from home etc etc

It’s Man Utd supposedly ‘the biggest club in the world’ with ever interview he gives the more small time you look. 

Also to note Fergie swiftly apologised for that comment 

I'm sure he'll fully understand what gardening leave is for if any of his staff move to another club and know exactly what Man United plans, transfer targets, structure, training methods etc are. It's unbelievably simple. 

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

No that’s not what I meant. Sorry I probably wasn’t clear. I meant he’s treating you like Fulham by doing things on the cheap and moaning about gardening leave thru yet more public interviews. Every single thing he doesn’t like he ends up on tv talking about it. Todibo, ashworth Omar, the stadium, staff working from home etc etc

It’s Man Utd supposedly ‘the biggest club in the world’ with ever interview he gives the more small time you look. 

Also to note Fergie swiftly apologised for that comment 

I think he's just wanting to fast track everything as we're well behind where we want to be, and it's led to frustrations. The worst thing is that he's very public about his frustrations and comes across quite small time, but I'm sure he'll learn or take a backseat when the proper executives are in place. Hopefully.

Regardless, he's still making the right moves in terms of personal and infastructure upgrades, so we're happy with that.

Just now, Froggy said:

I think he's just wanting to fast track everything as we're well behind where we want to be, and it's led to frustrations. The worst thing is that he's very public about his frustrations and comes across quite small time, but I'm sure he'll learn or take a backseat when the proper executives are in place. Hopefully.

Regardless, he's still making the right moves in terms of personal and infastructure upgrades, so we're happy with that.

if he’s that keen on fast tracking you can’t do it on the cheap. In any walk of life if you want things quicker you generally have to pay more not less. We don’t know for sure what Newcastle will be prepared to accept for Ashworth but offering less than 50% of what we paid for isn’t getting him in faster. He needs to accept it’s Manchester United he isn’t gonna achieve what he wants on the cheap 

that he's spouting off to the media again suggests the arbitration / negotiations aren't going very well for him 

needs someone to blame and make sure MU fans know it's not his fault

4 minutes ago, Ginola14 said:

that he's spouting off to the media again suggests the arbitration / negotiations aren't going very well for him 

needs someone to blame and make sure MU fans know it's not his fault

He doesn’t learn… which at 73 is very worrying if you’re a Man Utd fan. He keeps playing things out in the media, which only pisses people off more and makes you look foolish. We learnt the hard way with Emery, thankfully since then we’ve been much better.

He's going to constantly do this isn't he ? Lowball offers to unsettle players and get them to agitate for a move.

He's going to build up some wonderful relationships.

3 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

Looks like some Man Utd fans are turning against brexit Jim already…

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/bloomberg-jim-ratcliffe-on-plans-for-man-utd.483218/

Some of the comments are gold:

‘God I wish he’d just shut up and stop trying to be the face of the club. Hateful prick.’

‘Not really. I hate the Glazers. But a British Tax dodging Brexiteer Tory isn’t going to thrill me. He’s a privileged prick of a billionaire that’s doing a victory lap of his life with our football club.
feck that shit.’

‘This is my concern too. Nice have gone nowhere under him. Mercedes racing and the cycling team are a bit eh. He talks the talk but can he walk the walk?’

‘His voice is incredibly annoying. I'll stick to written versions of interviews in future.’

‘As he’s just taken a stake in the club I’m not against him speaking up but after a while I’d prefer him keep shut apart from important moments. Abramovic, Sheikh Mansour, Henry and Kronke barely ever speak/spoke. They left all of that to the CEOs they employed.’

‘Ralf Rangnick was arguably a better talker.’

‘The whole situation with Nice and Tobido. That's the sort of thing that would have been entirely predictable to forsee and I don't get what whinging about it like a spoilt child is going to do to help. 

When he starts doing anything helpful at all I might have a more positive view but so far all we've had is some self absorbed "Wembley of the North" vanity posturing, whining about rules that he should have already been well aware of, and idiotic/counter productive press leaks.’

4 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

Some of the comments are gold:

‘God I wish he’d just shut up and stop trying to be the face of the club. Hateful prick.’

‘Not really. I hate the Glazers. But a British Tax dodging Brexiteer Tory isn’t going to thrill me. He’s a privileged prick of a billionaire that’s doing a victory lap of his life with our football club.
feck that shit.’

‘This is my concern too. Nice have gone nowhere under him. Mercedes racing and the cycling team are a bit eh. He talks the talk but can he walk the walk?’

‘His voice is incredibly annoying. I'll stick to written versions of interviews in future.’

‘As he’s just taken a stake in the club I’m not against him speaking up but after a while I’d prefer him keep shut apart from important moments. Abramovic, Sheikh Mansour, Henry and Kronke barely ever speak/spoke. They left all of that to the CEOs they employed.’

‘Ralf Rangnick was arguably a better talker.’

‘The whole situation with Nice and Tobido. That's the sort of thing that would have been entirely predictable to forsee and I don't get what whinging about it like a spoilt child is going to do to help. 

When he starts doing anything helpful at all I might have a more positive view but so far all we've had is some self absorbed "Wembley of the North" vanity posturing, whining about rules that he should have already been well aware of, and idiotic/counter productive press leaks.’

Beautiful! 🤩 

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm sure he'll fully understand what gardening leave is for if any of his staff move to another club and know exactly what Man United plans, transfer targets, structure, training methods etc are. It's unbelievably simple. 

I doubt it...most CEOs are so far removed from day to day workings more often than not they haven't got a clue. One of the places I worked at the COO went on sick with stress after 6 weeks in the job and for some reason the Ceo was surprised he couldn't just sack him on the spot

17 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Well that's made my day, Ashley would have flipped a coin for Ashworth then puked on Jim's briefcase by now. 

It's nice to know we are being ran by professionals  

I like how manure asked themselves how do we become the biggest cunts in world football again, and their answer was to get Ratface on the board. 

The Glazers are excelling all whilst getting the easiest ride since buying the club (with its own money)