Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can't think of anyone clearly better than him outside of Messi and Ronaldo. He's top bracket.

I'd say even a bairn like Neymar has done more for Brazil than Rooney has for England. And i'm a big fan of Rooney.

I doubt Rooney could have done for Spurs what Bale did for them last season.

There's better out and out forwards too. Aguero for example.

Rooney would be a better player if he dropped the British Bulldog bit and played the game in a clever way (of which he's more than capable). Actually, playing for a good Spanish side would probably be great for him.

It doesn't really matter how good Rooney is, their bigger problem is Moyes. It's like us signing Cabaye and Debuchy, it's money wasted when you have a manager who doesn't get the best out of technically gifted footballers.

It is like :lol:

EDIT: Maybe not £200k p/w. But certainly £40k

Why is it? Footballers getting a very good annual salary every week for turning up to training a couple of times and possibly playing an hour and a half of football at the weekend. That ship sailed years ago.

It is like :lol:

EDIT: Maybe not £200k p/w. But certainly £40k

Why is it? Footballers getting a very good annual salary every week for turning up to training a couple of times and possibly playing an hour and a half of football at the weekend. That ship sailed years ago.

The ultra-absurdity comes from the fact you're paying a player 5-6 times the amount of what would be considered a top salary for a footballer though. There's a handful of clubs on the planet who can afford to give a player £300k a week.

It's all become much of a muchness now. 50, 100, 200, 300 grand a week. I have no idea how to quantify that in my head and it just emphasises the alienation between footballers and fans.

The bubble will burst eventually, but until then we'll just keep seeing astronomical numbers flying all over the place.

- £15,600,000 a year

- £300,000 a week

- £43,000 a day

- £30 a minute

- 50p a second

... :lol:

Another way of looking at it is -if he plays, on average 3 games every 2 weeks over the season, then it's roughly £37 per second.... :kasper:

- £15,600,000 a year

- £300,000 a week

- £43,000 a day

- £30 a minute

- 50p a second

Another way of looking at it is -if he plays, on average 3 games every 2 weeks over the season, then it's roughly £37 per second.... :kasper:

Add in whatever training sessions they do as well and work it out. It's ridiculous.

I'm not bothered about specific numbers of pounds. I think a large amount of the money in the game should naturally go to the players, as long as the clubs aren't putting themselves at risk.

Generally I agree but numbers like that make me feel queasy. I'm canny tight but if I was earning that much, I'd be going down the homeless shelter every night and handing out £50 notes. My conscience wouldn't allow me to just stuff it in a bank account away from society.

Despite what Froggy says I still don't think he's ever reached the astonishing potential that we saw from him as an 18 year old in Euro 2004. Part of that though is due to his own personality in putting the team first and many times at the detriment to that of his own game.

- £15,600,000 a year

- £300,000 a week

- £43,000 a day

- £30 a minute

- 50p a second

Add in whatever training sessions they do as well and work it out. It's ridiculous.

Dunno how long Man U train for but if he played for us and I factored it in, it'd be.....

...roughly £37 per second.  :D

He hasn't. He had everything in his locker to become one of the very greatest players of our time, but as good as he is, he isn't on that level. Ferguson is responsible for a lot of that, coaching some of the flair out of him but of course for the overall benefit of Man Utd.