Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

300k a week is ridiculous.  There's just too much money in the game these days.  Heaven forbid they might make it cheaper for the fans.

They'll always sell out, fans but the merchandise, get the mega sponsors, etc. It's only right that the players get that money because at the end of the day, that's who the fans pay to watch and like it or not, Rooney's one of their most popular.

300k a week is ridiculous.  There's just too much money in the game these days.  Heaven forbid they might make it cheaper for the fans.

They'll always sell out, fans but the merchandise, get the mega sponsors, etc. It's only right that the players get that money because at the end of the day, that's who the fans pay to watch and like it or not, Rooney's one of their most popular.

Yup. It's basic economics. He does something so well that most people can't, and that something is what people enjoy watching and are willing to pay for. Hence, he gets paid really well. This is not like bankers' salaries where they game the system, rent-seek and obtain higher than market value salaries. This is basically the free market in action and I'd say he deserves every penny of his salary.

Or reduce ticket prices.  Make sky sports 10 quid a month too and the poor lambs can try and get by on 40k a week instead.  Charge 15 quid for a shirt instead of 50.  Fuck it, free beer in the ground and on call lap dancers to your seat.

Or reduce ticket prices.  Make sky sports 10 quid a month too and the poor lambs can try and get by on 40k a week instead.  Charge 15 quid for a shirt instead of 50.  f*** it, free beer in the ground and on call lap dancers to your seat.

When Sky, BT, Nike, etc are paying mega millions to show & advertise their product, why would they do that?

Guest chicken little

Or reduce ticket prices.  Make sky sports 10 quid a month too and the poor lambs can try and get by on 40k a week instead.  Charge 15 quid for a shirt instead of 50.  f*** it, free beer in the ground and on call lap dancers to your seat.

When Sky, BT, Nike, etc are paying mega millions to show & advertise their product, why would they do that?

a sense of moral rectitude? lol

Man U supporting mate genuinely believes that they can win the Champions League and has cited Liverpool's and Chelsea's wins as his main reason (poor league form not necessarily meaning that the chance is gone). Not sure what to think about that - I'm thinking delusion on my mate's part [/famouslastwords]

Man U supporting mate genuinely believes that they can win the Champions League and has cited Liverpool's and Chelsea's wins as his main reason (poor league form not necessarily meaning that the chance is gone). Not sure what to think about that - I'm thinking delusion on my mate's part [/famouslastwords]

I thought the same tbh

Hence why I decided to put down the "famouslastwords" bit but honestly, I've seen nothing from Man U this season to suggest that they can go the distance. Moyes' tactics have not been spot on at all this year and you do really need the right sort of tactics to win the CL (Di Matteo, to his credit, got the tactics spot on to win the CL in 2012).

Hence why I decided to put down the "famouslastwords" bit but honestly, I've seen nothing from Man U this season to suggest that they can go the distance. Moyes' tactics have not been spot on at all this year and you do really need the right sort of tactics to win the CL (Di Matteo, to his credit, got the tactics spot on to win the CL in 2012).

Di Matteo's tactics were everybody back and lump it up to Didier

Di Matteo's tactics were everybody back and lump it up to Didier

Which worked tbf to him.

I think it would be hilarious if Man Utd won the CL and Liverpool finished 4th and had to go into the Europa.

I think it would be hilarious if Man Utd won the CL and Liverpool finished 4th and had to go into the Europa.

It would be absolutely amazing. :lol: It's never happening though. Fourth is theirs.

You'd be able to cut through the thick of irony with a knife on Merseyside if that happened.

wouldn't rule it out. Is Mata cup tied for the CL?

Haven't they changed the rules now whereby even if a team who finishes outside the CL qualifying places in the league wins the CL that whoever in 4th place still qualifies?