Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I really wish Pardew wasn't English, as he would have been out at the end of last season if he wasn't. The press would have heaped immense pressure on him then.

Man U will suffer in the same way for having a British manager in Moyes, as the age old mantra of being given more time, will be trotted out by the media for ages still.

I really wish Pardew wasn't English, as he would have been out at the end of last season if he wasn't. The press would have heaped immense pressure on him then.

It's quite unbelievable that you continue to come out with stuff that the rest of us knew was wrong years ago.

Too much of the general negative opinion on Moyes is being based on a 6-month period in which he's 7th in the league (and into the CL last 8) with the 5th best starting Xl.

Nope, I base my opinion on having watched Everton under Moyes and I said from the start it wouldn't work with this Man U squad. His philosophy is miles apart from Ferguson's. You could argue when he has his own players he'll be able to rebuild in his own image, but he has no pedigree at the top level so I wouldn't bet on him becoming a success.

It's quite unbelievable that you continue to come out with stuff that the rest of us knew was wrong years ago.

I think he's correct in saying he'd have been under more pressure, probably incorrect in saying that means he would have been binned.  The press largely look after their own.

You're in denial Ron.

Is Rafa Benitez not a CL manager either? He's every bit as negative as Moyes and certainly doesn't play anything approaching a modern brand of attacking football.

That's some fine (deliberate?) misinterpreting of the previous posts.

Only if you've missed the context, ie defensive managers don't play 'proper' football therefore can't cut it in the CL.

Nobody said that though, which was my point.

You're in denial Ron.

As if Ashley would be remotely influenced by the press, man. This is the same cunt who gave Dennis Wise and Joe Kinnear positions above the manager.

Is Rafa Benitez not a CL manager either? He's every bit as negative as Moyes and certainly doesn't play anything approaching a modern brand of attacking football.

Only if you've missed the context, ie defensive managers don't play 'proper' football therefore can't cut it in the CL.

:lol:

:lol:

What's funny?

We almost got relegated, and got hammered 0-6 at home by Liverpool and 0-3 at home by Sunderland, and Di Canio at that. We were an utter disgrace, and nothing looked right at all.

f***ing blinkard. The press are impotent when it comes to Newcastle United. They get banned if they remotely try to influence the fans against the manager or ownership.

It's more the effect it would have had on our fans. A lot of the Newcastle fans peddle the pro Pardew spiel, because the media keep telling everyone how well he's doing, and how are failings are due to Europe, or the French players, or Ben Arfa not tracking back i.e. supporting the tool.

If the media are saying he's crap, which he is, and the fans show their disgust more fervently, which they have every right to. He would not last. He'd either run off, or Ashley would have to send him packing.

f***ing blinkard. The press are impotent when it comes to Newcastle United. They get banned if they remotely try to influence the fans against the manager or ownership.

It's more the effect it would have had on our fans. A lot of the Newcastle fans peddle the pro Pardew spiel, because the media keep telling everyone how well he's doing, and how are failings are due to Europe, or the French players, or Ben Arfa not tracking back i.e. supporting the tool.

If the media are saying he's crap, which he is, and the fans show their disgust more fervently, which they have every right to. He would not last. He'd either run off, or Ashley would have to send him packing.

He'd listen to the fans? Not a chance.

Guest Howaythetoon

Moyes is a bang average manager who had the good fortune at Everton of little to no expectations and a very supportive board. Yes he did well with Everton in terms of some finishes and given the budget he had, but on average his record was, well, average. No trophies, no stand out results against the very top teams and despite his limited budget, it was still decent at certain points. Whatever Everton raised, they tended to spend.

He was the perfect fit for Everton too, but even then I know several die hard Toffee fans who questioned just where they were heading under him, 2 steps forward, 1 step back etc. was often trotted out.

Martinez has shown more in under 1 season of the capability of Everton than Moyes did, RE players, playing style, ambition etc. Moyes at Man Utd is just crazy and although a brave decision and indeed an interesting one, from a winning the top trophies perspective, it was a stupid one and will prove so, because he simply isn't good enough and never will be.

They would have been better off appointing Martinez.

He will be gone after the season has ended unless he gets top 4 or/and a CL win. Not gonna happen.

They've backed themselves into a corner now though, haven't they? He's Fergie's choice, they'll want stability, etc etc. They would have to be very brave to sack him after one bad season. Fear they've signed themselves up to at leat another bad season. Which is sweet.