Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did Januzai start or play any part?

Wasn't even on the bench.

Probably burned out after carrying them first half of the season :lol:

If fit and available and not even a bench, that's shocking stuff. Must be injured?

He's looked a bit paggered lately, like.

Moyes is clearly not clueless. He's a very astute manager who has been overwhelmed by the size of Man Utd as a club, their mentality and the expectations to go with it.

I'll bet you're gutted you got Martinez instead.

"Aspire to play like City"  :lol:

God, this season has been great. Thanks Moyes.

One of my friends is an awful gloryhunting ManU fan (he's Basque FFS). This season's been great talking football with him :lol:

There's the one guy I would see at the barbers in full Man U kit (yes shorts and socks included) running his mouth every damn time I was in there. Despicable character.

This season on the rare occasions I've now seen him, you would swear he didn't know a thing about football. Quiet as a mouse and dressed in far less garish clothing.

Moyes is clearly not clueless. He's a very astute manager who has been overwhelmed by the size of Man Utd as a club, their mentality and the expectations to go with it.

Depends on how you define it really.... he's not clueless in general.

But he is clueless at getting the best from technically proficient players... He has no idea how to use players like Mata, Van Persie, Rooney and so on.

He plays in straight lines and is not astute enough to understand the movements of these players.

He'll get the results with the right players just like Pardew can but also like Pardew has no clue how to use players like Ben Arfa in the fabric of a team Moyes also doesn't have a clue to use those players at his disposal.

Its not a coincidence that pretty much every player has got worse under him, doesn't help he's extremely negative though with a bunch of players who used to playing with confidence and on the attack.

Yup. You've hit on my implication in the 2nd part of my post - he doesn't know how to manage a team with genuinely class players at a club that is expected to win most weeks. He'll improve given a year or 2 there but I doubt they're going to give him that time. His mentality and Man Utd's (previous) mentality don't marry.

But he is clueless at getting the best from technically proficient players... He has no idea how to use players like Mata, Van Persie, Rooney and so on.

He plays in straight lines and is not astute enough to understand the movements of these players.

He'll get the results with the right players just like Pardew can but also like Pardew has no clue how to use players like Ben Arfa in the fabric of a team Moyes also doesn't have a clue to use those players at his disposal.

Its not a coincidence that pretty much every player has got worse under him, doesn't help he's extremely negative though with a bunch of players who used to playing with confidence and on the attack.

:clap:

Yup. You've hit on my implication in the 2nd part of my post - he doesn't know how to manage a team with genuinely class players at a club that is expected to win most weeks. He'll improve given a year or 2 there but I doubt they're going to give him that time. His mentality and Man Utd's (previous) mentality don't marry.

:thup:

I'm still not sure he'd improve to the standard they need him to though, he'd improve no doubt but by trade he doesn't seem the type of manager who could translate what he knows to something which would allow Man Utd to have success.

:thup:

Moyes is still a very good manager, just not for a CL club. He'd do a solid job for a mid-table side like Villa or us for that matter, except I want a different brand of football. I would want us to do what Everton have done in appointing a manager who plays attacking modern football that would have us challenging for a CL place.

Is Rafa Benitez not a CL manager either? He's every bit as negative as Moyes and certainly doesn't play anything approaching a modern brand of attacking football.

That's some fine (deliberate?) misinterpreting of the previous posts.

Is Rafa Benitez not a CL manager either? He's every bit as negative as Moyes and certainly doesn't play anything approaching a modern brand of attacking football.

Yep, but I'll play along anyway. Benitez is a defensive manager compared to Rodgers or Martinez, but he knows how to implement it so it can work at a higher level. His teams are usually about sitting back and countering through quick accurate passing, not booting it long and high in the general direction of a big target man. Moyes football style is very different to Benitez.

That is quite the accusation!

That is quite the accusation!

Yes, how dare you?! Nobody would do that on here.

Only if you've missed the context, ie defensive managers don't play 'proper' football therefore can't cut it in the CL.

Too much of the general negative opinion on Moyes is being based on a 6-month period in which he's 7th in the league (and into the CL last 8) with the 5th best starting Xl.

De Gea, Rafael, Rio, Vidic, Evra, Januzai, Carrick, Fellaini, Mata, Rooney, RVP...that's easily 3rd best in the league, imo. Still leaving likes of Kagawa/Nani/Welbeck/Hernandez out from an attacking perspective.