Newcastle United vs Southampton - Saturday 14th December at 3pm (not on TV)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First time I can ever say this in a match thread - I'll be going to this one. Sitting in the Gallowgate. Beyond excited.

We could win by 3, lose by 3, or draw and I wouldn't be surprised in the least. Hope Benny plays a big part.

0-0 then. :laugh:

Think he'll play direct to counter act their pressing. Probably won't work.

It did when we beat them 4-2 last season.... Cabaye was a big reason why that game mind.

An unbelievable goal, a pen, an OG...it worked but you couldn't rely on it.

We got the pen and OG because we forced mistakes through long diagonals in behind their fullbacks considering how they play its a successful ploy.

But none of our midfielders are really capable of passes like Cabaye did that day so something different will likely be required.

OG's are not luck btw..... they don't magically happen they happen because you force teams under pressure and force mistakes.

Its no coincidence that the best teams get own goals rather frequently. Saying we scored an OG shouldn't be used as why we won't do the same again.

Also Luke Shaw played that day but was taken off because Debuchy abused him, he's improved a lot since then though so i expect a tough game.

If we can't beat Southampton at home we don't deserve to qualify for Europe though.

First time I can ever say this in a match thread - I'll be going to this one. Sitting in the Gallowgate. Beyond excited.

We could win by 3, lose by 3, or draw and I wouldn't be surprised in the least. Hope Benny plays a big part.

The experience from walking up to the game surrounded by the fans, sitting in our epic ground and the city itself (assuming you have never been to Newcastle) will be something you will never forget.

Newcastle is immense!

First time in the city as well. Will be there for the weekend.

0-0 then. :laugh:

Wouldn't be a bad result, but I would like to hear the sound when we score.

Krul

Debuchy          Williamson          Coloccini      Santon

Sissoko            Anita                    Tiote          Gouffran

HBA

Remy

Thats how i would go.

I would go with Sissoko in the middle and Benny on the right.

I think some sort of fluidity between both would be best. Attacking I like HBA pulling into wide positions and Sissoko bursting through the middle, but defensively Sissoko is great cover for an advancing Debuchy.

I would go with Sissoko in the middle and Benny on the right.

I think some sort of fluidity between both would be best. Attacking I like HBA pulling into wide positions and Sissoko bursting through the middle, but defensively Sissoko is great cover for an advancing Debuchy.

Agree with your team above. I'd give HBA a free role to go wherever he wants and we'll see which HBA turns up. Leave Sissoko where he's been playing as HBA and defensive responsibilities don't mix !!!

IMO, it is going to be either 4-4-2 or 4-3-3. Hypothetically could play the exact team with HBA in for Shola and it would be a pretty hybrid 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 type formation.

Krul

Debuchy  Willo Colo  Santon

Sissoko Anita Tiote Gouffran

Shola Remy

Krul

Debuchy  Willo Colo  Santon

Anita Tiote

Sissoko      HBA      Gouffran

Remy