Crystal Palace 0 - 3 Newcastle United - 21/12/13 - post-match reaction from pg32

BlueStar

Very pleased to see this from Pardew afterwards. Hope has returned and he's won back some confidence now. Seems as of he's learning.

"I think the key was to control the possession, and make sure the ball didn't come in our box. The best way to do that is to keep it.

Let's hope he was honest and doesn't fold at first possible decline in form.

He said the same words after Man U and dropped it for Southampton.

Sick of garbage MOTD highlights. Why can't they show EVERY attempt on goal for both teams ie the HIGHLIGHTS?

Ffs

Because they need the first 40 minutes or so to show the first pick match.

I think it's about time people started complaining about MOTD's coverage. Last weekend it took over an hour for them to start showing highlights from the 3rd match in the line up.

@nufcfans: By winning 0-3 at Crystal Palace, #NUFC are now the 8th team to win a total of 400th away games in the Barclays Premier League.

wot da fuk dey on aboot

We certainly haven't won 400 Premier League away games. :lol:

We have only won 288 Premier League games.

Guest hatem garrincha

http://i.imgur.com/uWoZ4eG.jpg

What's happen to Gouffran ?

Someone's put some white text on his chin, that's all

Ah ok. Thanks mate.

Were the better side by a mile. Palace may have had a boost by the appointment of Pulis, but that new manager syndrome wasn't on show yesterday.

We made them look what they probably are, a side destined for relegation unless massive transfer activity takes place ; they looked the worst side in the PL yesterday.

Having said that, we played extremely well and - AT LAST - began to keep the ball regularly rather than humping it up the field aimlessly as before. The improvement in the side can be put down to several things ;

1.Anita getting a regular place and being a brilliant m/f link man

2.Tiote's return to form

3.Cabaye showing what a truly class player he is

4.Gouffran's unselfish running and support of Santon(without which Santon would struggle more as a defender). Every side that wants to succeed needs a player like Gouffran, not brilliantly talented but with a good engine and prepared to run his guts out - he deserved a goal and was unlucky.

5.The change in style of play to a more possession based game which obviously suits many of the newer players.

6.The players signed last January have now got to grips with the pace of the PL.

Sissoko continues to be a menace on the right side of m/f and his cut-back for Cabaye's goal was perfect...once he stops trying to beat 2 men in a tight space and passes/runs for returns regularly, his strength and pace will be a real problem for teams.

Strangely, 2 players who have been probably among our best this season, Remy and Krul, both had mediocre games. Remy was quiet and Krul's handling in the box for crosses/corners was way below par but bearing in mind their contribution over the season we can't complain too much.

HBA made a big impact when coming on as sub and he needs to be played in a more forward role so when he does lose the ball it is not in a dangerous area for us. His control means he is an ideal sub because he can give the side a breather late in games...Shola ? Well, he won the pen...

We are far from a complete side because had we had another decent striker we should have hit them for 4 at least and probably more. Unless we get one, we are always going to be vulnerable to a counter attack when playing a better side  because we cannot kill games off when we are in charge.

Nevertheless, a really good performance and all credit to the whole team of management and players.

Lets see if we can keep this going with 2 home games to come, one of which could be against the PL leaders.

Tbh, I don't think our football was all that great, but we're organised, hard-working and can produce the moments which open up a defence.

I was very disappointed in Remy though. It didn't look to me like he was trying hard enough.

Tbh, I don't think our football was all that great, but we're organised, hard-working and can produce the moments which open up a defence.

I was very disappointed in Remy though. It didn't look to me like he was trying hard enough.

Even when Remy isn't scoring we still are and he is still useful with his movement up there. We are retaining the ball very well in some games and trying to attack from all angles, right, left and centre. We no longer look laboured in our approach and work so hard to get the ball back.

Cabaye in that number 10 role is so critical to us both on and off the ball as when we dont have it he is closing their midfielders down and causes mistakes.