Crystal Palace 0 - 3 Newcastle United - 21/12/13 - post-match reaction from pg32

BlueStar

Tbh, I don't think our football was all that great, but we're organised, hard-working and can produce the moments which open up a defence.

I was very disappointed in Remy though. It didn't look to me like he was trying hard enough.

The conditions were terrible and we controlled most of the game, we played well.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I suppose our form is hard to ignore. I think yesterday was a great performance though - although they had a couple of chances we were generally in control & some of the football was great.

In addition we learned to keep the ball without necessarily feeling we had to get it straight forwards - because that's often when we lose it and sacrifice a bit of control.

Our right flank was looking lush too. We're off the back of a great run of form and it looks like we're learning lessons too.

I suppose our form is hard to ignore. I think yesterday was a great performance though - although they had a couple of chances we were generally in control & some of the football was great.

In addition we learned to keep the ball without necessarily feeling we had to get it straight forwards - because that's often when we lose it and sacrifice a bit of control.

Our right flank was looking lush too. We're off the back of a great run of form and it looks like we're learning lessons too.

Just watching the highlights and seeing how key Anita was when the ball went loose or as an option to play back to, he got it, recycled to the wings and we ended up scoring. Even though Palace are down there we still had to go and beat them and they have done well recently and fighting for it but we did them with confidence bordering on arrogance at times. Was good to see

Palace fans were very complimentary about our performance though obviously disappointed in how they played (they had key injuries) also said we were the loudest and best away fans they've had down there this season. Spoke to several as we stayed overnight and they all said the same. Great weekend away, bloody wet though.

Palace fans were very complimentary about our performance though obviously disappointed in how they played (they had key injuries) also said we were the loudest and best away fans they've had down there this season. Spoke to several as we stayed overnight and they all said the same. Great weekend away, bloody wet though.

You'll be pleased to know that on the telly, the sky commentators kept commentating how great the Crystal Palace fans were despite the weather with all their singing. Stupidly they didn't realise it was actually our fans.

Guest zicomartin

That's funny, they kinda did that (compliment the palace fans) on NBCsn too.  The commentators must've been sitting next to each other.

I suppose if our fans did the Pogo / Poznan we would be the greatest  in the world.

Just watching game again. Cameron Jerome is easily one of the worst 'footballers' in the top flight. Abysmal.

It's truly extraordinary that he's still getting a game in the top flight. Even when he's been in the Championship, his goal return has been piss poor other than one season with Cardiff when it was alright, seven years ago.

When you think of the number of players who have scored hatfuls in the Football League and never got a top-flight look in, it's absolutely fucking mental.

Just watching game again. Cameron Jerome is easily one of the worst 'footballers' in the top flight. Abysmal.

It's truly extraordinary that he's still getting a game in the top flight. Even when he's been in the Championship, his goal return has been piss poor other than one season with Cardiff when it was alright, seven years ago.

When you think of the number of players who have scored hatfuls in the Football League and never got a top-flight look in, it's absolutely fucking mental.

Blame the shitcunt managers who keep signing him because he's fast and strong.