Newcastle Utd 1 - 2 Cardiff City - 04/01/14 - Post-match reaction from page 21

BlueStar

Shame we won't see any of this in the 1min highlights on ITV tonight.

HBA scored that wondergoal v Blackburn a couple of years ago and they only showed 2 seconds of it. Wouldn't even stretch as far as 5. 1min :yao:

ITV are shit at football coverage.

Absolute tragedy we only got the 1 angle on shitty low quality picture and not even from the start of his run. :( That goal deserved far better!

Might be more tonight as we got beaten. TV loves us losing. :( I'll not watch it. :huff:

According to Anderson:

"Pardew is doing Tremendous in league"

Par for the course is now tremendous in the local media ffs.

I am fucking sick of this mentality that we're a small club these days. Ashley really has tried to make us as poxy as his business.

What's worse is some people actually suck it up whole. Some praise it and point to Leeds/Portsmouth as an example of what we mightve been. We're never going to be what the majority of supporters aspire to while these wankers are in control. Ashley,  Kinnear and Pardew.

:thup: Nothing's going to change for a while and it makes me sick.

According to Anderson:

That's the predominant view outside these forums. I guess we deserve to eat shit as a result.

According to Anderson:

Six points off the Champions League places at this stage of the season is pretty bloody good tbf.

We wont be come the end of the season though and that's what counts.

As I said for me we are par for the course at present given the squad we have.

Really looking forward to next weekend now. 4 losses on the trot 3 of which were home matches.  :sad:

I'm on holiday then so don't think I'll even bother watching it. Made the same decision last time we played Man City and didn't end up regretting it.

Guest hobshobs

players need to take responsibility as well as the manager IMO, awful performance today

They always are awful performances in the cups mate. The 'A' team in the league matches carry Pardew to an extent. Cup ties show his tactical ineptitude up when he is required to show he has at least a bit of a clue.

Guest palnese

Only 1 player capable of creating in the entire side today though.

Pardew needs to show more ambition in selection.

Chelsea play with 3 creative mid fielders ffs.

Not enough graft for Pardew's liking.

Don't be silly, by including two defensive midfielders we restricted Cardiff to only two goals  :pardsgrin:

players need to take responsibility as well as the manager IMO, awful performance today

Of course they do. But the common denominators in our disgraceful record in this cup in recent years are the regime and manager. We've been fucking wank no matter who the playing staff is/was. One win in four years ffs, and it spreads from the top.

Don't be silly, by including two defensive midfielders we restricted Cardiff to only two goals  :pardsgrin:

Which is fine if we had Ben Arfa Cabaye Remy and say Cisse up ahead of them.

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes 1m

The unpaid for Sports Direct advertising hoardings looked particularly gorgeous today, mind. So it's not all bad.

Expand  Reply  Retweeted  Favorite  More

Surely he's next to be banned?  Some of the sarcastic tweets he puts out are hilarious, but also surely would "hurt Mike's feelings".

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes 1m

The unpaid for Sports Direct advertising hoardings looked particularly gorgeous today, mind. So it's not all bad.

Expand  Reply  Retweeted  Favorite  More

Surely he's next to be banned?  Some of the sarcastic tweets he puts out are hilarious, but also surely would "hurt Mike's feelings".

Would be a brave decision to ban someone who works for newscorp tbh.

According to Anderson:

That's the predominant view outside these forums. I guess we deserve to eat s*** as a result.

To be fair I think Anderson said pardew has to take the blame this.

Which is fine if we had Ben Arfa Cabaye Remy and say Cisse up ahead of them.

I was taking the piss :lol:

Obviously you need to balance defence with attacking options, but it's less obvious to some than others.

They always are awful performances in the cups mate. The 'A' team in the league matches carry Pardew to an extent. Cup ties show his tactical ineptitude up when he is required to show he has at least a bit of a clue.

Exactly. It was a reasonably strong team on paper, but was still seven changes. Some were enforced obviously, but it just shows how incapable he is at managing when things aren't perfect. That's why the Europa League fucked us up, and that's why we're always rubbish in the cups.