Remy Cabella

Yaron

assuming the whole thing is true it's an interesting one, bit of dennis wise scouting and it's obvious he's fuck all like cabaye as a player so i can't see how pardew will manage the change

one thing he seems to do very well is move off the ball in advanced positions, which almost none of our squad do at all...he seems very adept at giving the ball then bursting into space to get it back, problem with that might be we're selling one of the players who'd be able to find him with it :lol:

this is a quote from a few months ago (when he was linked with Man U) by Jean Fernandez.... about the type of player he is

“He’s inconsistent and is an attacking midfielder equivalent of Nani. He’s capable of creating something out of nothing with an amazing Hollywood through ball or a little flick, but more often than not, he has the tendency to go missing.

“His last two Ligue 1 games are great examples of this – booed off the pitch after a poor performance in a goalless draw against Rennes followed by two goals and two assists in a 5-1 demolishing of out of form Lyon.

“Physically, he is very weak too. We’ve all witnessed how long it has taken Shinji Kagawa to adapt to the Premier League and get a first team spot at the club.

“Obviously this differs from player to player but Cabella isn’t half the player Kagawa was at Dortmund and chances are, he’d take a while to adjust to the English game.

With Cabaye gone and if this dude comes in who starts in the midfield?  I wonder if this helps open up the selection for Hatem.  Two proper wingers with either two or three of Tiote/Anita/Sissoko in the middle.

no way pardew ever starts 2 wingers who don't run their bollocks off, maybe one, but 2?  no chance

also fuck that scouting report thing for manyoo, seems overly negative, carr hasn't been wrong much recently lets be honest

Would still prefer Cabella out wide instead of Gouffran.

Sissoko Anita Tiote

Ben Arfa                                Cabella

Remy

Granted that is, as mentioned far too positive for Pardew.

With Cabaye gone and if this dude comes in who starts in the midfield?  I wonder if this helps open up the selection for Hatem.  Two proper wingers with either two or three of Tiote/Anita/Sissoko in the middle.

Would assume he'll play in the same number 10 role Cabaye has.

Sissoko Anita Tiote

Remy

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/aww-yea.gif

he doesn't look like as much of an orthodox CM as cabs though, it'd be awfully gung-ho for pards to play this:

anita  tiote

sissoko              gouff

cabella

remy

but then he's got a solid, responsible 4 i suppose - i was also wondering if the de jong deal is still a goer the plan might be something like this with anita filling in when one of the other CM's is out:

sissoko  tiote

gouff      cabella      remy

de jong

but then i thought "plan" :yao:

to be honest that 2nd one might be class, free up remy some more

I think we should be cautious and not expect too much too soon from Cabella if he does sign. He'd probably need some time to get up to speed with the new league. Ideal situation is to bed him in while Cabaye is still around but that is unlikely to happen.

I'll feel more content than happy if he's Cabaye's replacement. He has undoubtedly plenty of promise but those will be very big shoes for Cabella to fill. One in, one out also means we still fail to address the lack of creativity elsewhere and options upfront. Strengthening the squad promptly in those areas with the balance from any incoming fee remains a big 'if'.

Guest firetotheworks

Sissoko Anita Tiote

Remy

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/aww-yea.gif

:lol:

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/remy-cabella-keen-newcastle-united-6528055

Remy Cabella keen on NUFC move as Cabaye targets Champions League

20 Jan 2014 08:35

Yohan Cabaye is talking up Newcastle's Champions League hopes, while talks to bring long-term target Remy Cabella will continue this week

Remy Cabella is keen on a move to Newcastle United and will look to push through a move to the North East – provided the Magpies are willing to match Montpellier’s £12.5million asking price.

United’s transfer team face their most testing week since Joe Kinnear’s appointment as they hope to clinch a loan move for Luuk de Jong while also advancing their interest in talented wide-man Cabella, a long-term target of Newcastle’s influential chief scout Graham Carr.

Although The Journal understands they have indicated a willingness to sell, Montpellier are intent on playing hard ball with Newcastle over the fee and quotes emanating from their head coach Rolland Courbis which appeared to disparage the Magpies are indicative of that.

In a similar situation last year, Newcastle offered to pay transfer fees in full to secure deals for Yoan Gouffran, Moussa Sissoko and Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa and that is one condition of any deal for Cabella.

Negotiations will continue this week and the Journal can reveal a delegation is set to jet out on Tuesday with a view to clinching the biggest deal United would have done since Papiss Cisse’s January move.

It was a move which appeared to gain momentum with quotes in the French media purporting to be from his father Hector claiming a deal would be done in January.

This was then folowed by Courbis claming a move to Newcastle would be bad for the midfielder.

He said: “I hope another club (other than Newcastle) tries to buy him. They are not a big club. Newcastle, as a player, I wouldn’t even want to spend a week there.’

The Journal also understands the move would not be dependent on selling Yohan Cabaye, whose excellent display on Saturday re-affirmed his importance to the Geordies.

Cabaye’s form has been noted by Manchester United and PSG but his focus remains Newcastle, where he is talking up Champions League hopes.

He said: “We are in good shape. Champions League is a bigger level but we have the capacity to just stay next to the big teams. If we are still in a similar position (to challenge for the top four) by the end of the season why not?

“For me the most important thing, as I said, is to do my best for the team.

“If the manager or the staff are happy with my performance and the fans who are supporting me are happy, I am happy.

“My mentality hasn’t changed. Even after what happened in the summer - and I will do my best for the team every day.”

United arrested a winless streak against West Ham thanks to Cabaye’s majestic display.

He added: “I think we showed a lot of confidence on the pitch.

“We knew against City we did well but unfortunately we lost the game. We know it is a tough place to come here.

“It’s always difficult to play against West Ham, but we did well except for the goal we conceded just before half-time. We deserved to win.

“So the confidence is good. We just need to keep going and try to win the next game.”

Cabaye is with the rest of the United squad in Abu Dhabi as they don’t play again until Norwich a week tomorrow, but he feels the lack of pressure on Newcastle’s shoulders could play into their arms after February.

He said: “We are in a good position and we stay just behind the top six, top seven. We can work without pressure.”

one thing he seems to do very well is move off the ball in advanced positions, which almost none of our squad do at all...he seems very adept at giving the ball then bursting into space to get it back, problem with that might be we're selling one of the players who'd be able to find him with it :lol:

oh, the irony in that :p

I like the sound of him but how on earth is he going to play in a Pardew team? Can he defend?

He'll play in the same position Cabaye does at the moment.... i.e. off the striker and he's probably better at it than Cabaye is in terms of close control and dribbling but doesn't have the shot Cabaye has.

He doesn't have the work rate Cabaye has but with Tiote and Anita behind him i imagine it should be ok.

That's if we get him :lol:

You gotta reckon Pardew loves the fact that his AM is hard working and can put in a tackle.

he doesn't look like as much of an orthodox CM as cabs though, it'd be awfully gung-ho for pards to play this:

anita  tiote

sissoko              gouff

cabella

remy

but then he's got a solid, responsible 4 i suppose - i was also wondering if the de jong deal is still a goer the plan might be something like this with anita filling in when one of the other CM's is out:

sissoko  tiote

gouff      cabella      remy

de jong

but then i thought "plan" :yao:

to be honest that 2nd one might be class, free up remy some more

that's exactly how we play now except Gouff/Sissoko play deeper than Cabaye's position. Cabaye still puts in a shift but he definitely has less responsibility defensively. Thinking about it now, it may be to avoid injury that we've given him this free role

Anita Tiote

Ben Arfa Cabella Remy

De Jong

:pedro:

Oh yes please  :blush:

Newton Gosling

Campbell  Shola    Sammy

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag17/cflan1984/2a1b2a3a1184fe2d624e34e173f986e7_zpsa6e86022.jpg