Remy Cabella

Yaron

Guest bimpy474

I have heard nothing but good things about Newcastle United from everyone I spoke to.

Obviously didn't speak to Pardew then.

Why would Pardew be less positive than the players (or anyone else)?

I would think Dave means Pardew's constant, we're just a mid table club, can't compete etc etc, not interested in cups or the Europa, that type of thing.

I reckon Dave is just being uncharacteristically negative for the sake of debate.

We probably weren't competing with top clubs over this lad, but still reckon it shows good intent. For Cabella to make this move after taking advice is nothing but a positive for me. Even if he sees us as a stepping stone, he's been convinced by everyone he's talked to that we are a positive step.

For that to be the case, we'll also hopefully be seeing some good times for him and the club in the coming seasons.

While i admire your optimism, the last 3 years have told me all i need to know about good times for the club supposedly coming.

I'm not going to be a dick. Cabaye and (potentially) Debucy didn't need good seasons to get their moves.

Still, really like the look of this guy and if he can give us something to shout about this season, when it could have been so much worse in terms of signings, I'm going to take the positives. :D

I used to love signing and if you can't get excited by this lad it's not good, but that's the problem isn't it. We've been beaten down by this regime to expect nothing. It's not trying to be miserable or anything but we know there's no intention to build a team, a long term project we can all see unfold. It's solely about profit and future sale value.

It's just hard to get up for the new season, that and throwing Pardew special brand of retard in. Just frustrating is all.

If the reported £12 Million fee is correct (probably isn't) he will be our 3rd highest signing behind Shearer and Owen.

Up to £16m depending on clauses apparently.

Surely not? Must be Euros, still a massive fee by Ashley standards mind.

Rémi Cabella vient de s'engager avec Newcastle. Le meneur de jeu de Montpellier, qui faisait partie de la liste des 23 de Deschamps pour la Coupe du monde au Brésil, a signé ce dimanche soir un contrat de six ans. Le club anglais a déboursé la somme de 10 millions d'euros, bonus compris.

La saison dernière, Cabella a inscrit 14 buts en Championnat et délivré 5 passes décisives en 37 matches.

One of the comments;

pmjji 14 juil. à 1:20

Eh ben voilà tu l'as faite ta bêtise...dans un an à Arsenal pour rattraper le coup?

" So now you've really fucked it up, never mind in a years time at Arsenal to make amends"

I have heard nothing but good things about Newcastle United from everyone I spoke to.

Obviously didn't speak to Pardew then.

Why would Pardew be less positive than the players (or anyone else)?

I would think Dave means Pardew's constant, we're just a mid table club, can't compete etc etc, not interested in cups or the Europa, that type of thing.

I reckon Dave is just being uncharacteristically negative for the sake of debate.

We probably weren't competing with top clubs over this lad, but still reckon it shows good intent. For Cabella to make this move after taking advice is nothing but a positive for me. Even if he sees us as a stepping stone, he's been convinced by everyone he's talked to that we are a positive step.

For that to be the case, we'll also hopefully be seeing some good times for him and the club in the coming seasons.

While i admire your optimism, the last 3 years have told me all i need to know about good times for the club supposedly coming.

Fair point, and I'm not oblivious to the fact that Cabaye and (potentially) Debucy didn't need good seasons to get their moves.

But still, I really like the look of this guy and if he can give us something to shout about this season, when it could have been so much worse in terms of signings, I'm going to take the positives. :D

I used to love signing and if you can't get excited by this lad it's not good, but that's the problem isn't it. We've been beaten down by this regime to expect nothing. It's not trying to be miserable or anything but we know there's no intention to build a team, a long term project we can all see unfold. It's solely about profit and future sale value.

It's just hard to get up for the new season, that and throwing Pardew special brand of retard in. Just frustrating is all.

Yeah, I get ya. But there is this odd dividing line where generally we're not going to get a profit unless we buy well and the players individually or collectively give a good account in the Prem.

I guess this shouldn't be a concern, but it is for the vast majority of clubs, and while we don't have much faith in Pardew currently, we are still buying shrewdly and that is a fairly big positive considering it's much easier to get shot of him than his squad of players. If that sacking happens (and lets face it, it's not unlikely barring some Damascene moment for him) then by Juno, then I'm all for maintaining a decent set of players on our books. Fkn love it in fact. :lol:

Edit: sorry, bit drunk and on windows phone so forgive if that's unreadable bellocks...

Very, very happy with this signing. Really thought that signing Siem De Jong would end our interest in him, but I have to hold my hands up and admit to being wrong.  The most exciting player we've signed since Hatem IMO. If only we could sack The King and have both of them in the starting XI.

If the reported £12 Million fee is correct (probably isn't) he will be our 3rd highest signing behind Shearer and Owen.

More importantly, highest signing since Ashley bought the club, and by quite some distance the most expensive attacking player we've signed; if the £12m rumours are true, he will have cost about 50% more than Cissé.

Had the most shots of any Ligue 1 midfielder by a mile while also having the 3rd best shot accuracy (53% on target); only Ibrahimovic and Gignac took more shots, period.

Second-most key passes last season behind Valbuena

12 of 14 goals inside the area 

Was the most-fouled player in all of Ligue 1 last season -- 105 times fouled (only he and Valbuena had over 100)

At least the club have showed some ambition - for once - with this signing.

Cabella looks to have all the attributes needed to be a success, with the possible exception of physique as the PL is a tough physical league. He cannot do it all by himself and he will take time to adjust to English football's demands ; with de Jong also being new to the PL, we are relying on them settling in quickly and we need a really proven striker to make the best use of these guys.

If Cabella proves to be a success, he won't be at SJP for long and that is what is dampening everyone's enthusiasm for the signing...we all know he will probably use the club to better himself and the club will be delighted to take what could be a considerable profit on him when bigger(or more ambitious) fish come sniffing around. If he proves a winner, he could be leaving within 2 seasons.

Ambition? We're basically still in profit over the last three windows:

Last summer: £0 spend

January: £20m in from Cabaye

This summer: £10m in from Debuchy, £25m approx out from Perez, De Jong, Colspack, Cabella and Janmaat (if all goes to plan).

There's still a seasons worth of profit in the fat mans pocket.

We've just about spent the Cabaye money. We'll be back in profit when Debuchy and Yanga leave. We'll probably still be in proft when they're replaced. We havent touched the TV/Ticket money yet. They should still be going out and getting two top strikers.

This is what Alan Pardew had to say to the club’s official TV channel;

“I’d like to pay tribute to my staff and in particular Graham (Carr), myself, Lee (Charnley), Mike (Ashley) and everyone on the board, who worked really hard for this one.

:lol:

No we haven't shown ambition. We've seen a relative bargain for a highly rated player with a fair chance of a big profit in 2-3 years.

Yeah. Plus, if more signings continue to come in, it's still a rubbish move from the club to not spend anything for 18 months and then bring in a crap load of players.

Guest firetotheworks

There's something pretty seriously wrong when I can't feel even a twinge of excitement or anything over signing a player like Cabella.

“I’d like to pay tribute to my staff and in particular Graham (Carr), myself, Lee (Charnley), Mike (Ashley) and everyone on the board, who worked really hard for this one.

This clown :lol: :lol:

He's such a prick. :buck2: