Remy Cabella

Yaron

Guest Craig-NUFC

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas 

Nicollin: "I think Newcastle is not for him [Cabella] and I also think they take us for idiots, these guys."

Says Cabella bid of 8million Euros three weeks ago.

More gamesmanship IMO. I know that Cabella is keen on #nufc but club have irked with low-balling tactics.

He is supposedly their number one target and his signing could send out a message to other potential signings that they mean business.  You would think it would be the one target where they would be willing to be more flexible in order to get him "over the line" as his signing could potentially have the same significance as the Cabaye's did.

I really don't know why they bother.  If they have done their research as they like to claim they do, they would know what would be a realistic offer so why on earth would they think a club should accept a significantly lower offer especially when they know there will be other clubs willing to pay something closer to what they want.

Why they feel the need to waste everyone's time - theirs included - goodness knows.

“I saw that Thauvin was bought for €16m… and I think that Cabella is a little bit better than him. So I will say €16m. And if nobody gives that to us then he will stay. He has another two years on his contract and we are not under pressure. The players should not always win. When a player decides he wants to leave he becomes a nuisance trying to make it happen. I hope he leaves but if it is not on our terms, he will not be leaving. That is a guarantee.”

“The ‘big’ English club Newcastle made an €8m offer three weeks ago and I refused it. I do not think that Newcastle is the place for him and I also think that they take us for idiots these guys. They sold Cabaye to PSG for however many millions, they do not have to take us for morons.”

“Labrune called my son to tell me he was interested (Marseille). I like Labrune a lot, he is my mate, but if he wants him (Cabella), he will give me €16m. That is clear even though I am friends with him.”

“PSG? No. They contacted us about Stambouli but not Cabella at all. He wasn’t very good when we played our last game against them.”

“Olivier Létang (PSG Sporting Director) called my son (about Stambouli), but has yet to go further. We do not have a fixed price for him. At €5m we will start to discuss.”

I have no doubt that were being ran by c***s, but this Montpellier fella is just an attention whore. Kid needs to shut his fat french mouth.

This is the old guy's quotes fwiw

“I saw that Thauvin was bought for €16m… and I think that Cabella is a little bit better than him. So I will say €16m. And if nobody gives that to us then he will stay. He has another two years on his contract and we are not under pressure. The players should not always win. When a player decides he wants to leave he becomes a nuisance trying to make it happen. I hope he leaves but if it is not on our terms, he will not be leaving. That is a guarantee.”

“The ‘big’ English club Newcastle made an €8m offer three weeks ago and I refused it. I do not think that Newcastle is the place for him and I also think that they take us for idiots these guys. They sold Cabaye to PSG for however many millions, they do not have to take us for morons.”

“Labrune called my son to tell me he was interested (Marseille). I like Labrune a lot, he is my mate, but if he wants him (Cabella), he will give me €16m. That is clear even though I am friends with him.”

“PSG? No. They contacted us about Stambouli but not Cabella at all. He wasn’t very good when we played our last game against them.”

“Olivier Létang (PSG Sporting Director) called my son (about Stambouli), but has yet to go further. We do not have a fixed price for him. At €5m we will start to discuss.”

My word :lol:

I agree wholeheartedly with him. I like the cut of his jib.

I have no idea if Stambouli is any good but if PSG are interested and the price is €5mil I wouldn't be surprised if we're monitoring it

Were linked with him a month or so ago.

I agree that we did treat him and his club like an idiot. Low bid with a view to sell on a high a few seasons later.

The thing is, teams are unlikely to pay real big money for Cabella until he has proved he is consistent quality in one of the 'best' leagues (Premiership or Spain). Cabaye wasn't a £19m player until he'd performed on the 'big' stage.

I agree that we did treat him and his club like an idiot. Low bid with a view to sell on a high a few seasons later.

The thing is, teams are unlikely to pay real big money for Cabella until he has proved he is consistent quality in one of the 'best' leagues (Premiership or Spain). Cabaye wasn't a £19m player until he'd performed on the 'big' stage.

True, but he is right again that if Thauvin can cost Marseille 16m (which i doubt the figure is real as i remember should be around 12m), how on the earth that Cabella, a more proven player, would only cost us 8m? It is fucking stupid.

Bidding HALF the valuation when we must realistically have money burning a hole in our pocket after our last 2 transfer windows.

Personally never giving them a penny again and they're taking the piss out of those that do.

True, but he is right again that if Thauvin can cost Marseille 16m (which i doubt the figure is real as i remember should be around 12m), how on the earth that Cabella, a more proven player, would only cost us 8m? It is f***ing stupid.

Something (or someone in this case) is only worth what someone else is willing to pay e.g. NUFC got £35m off Liverpool for Carroll. Time will tell if another club thinks Cabella is worth what his club want for him.

True, but he is right again that if Thauvin can cost Marseille 16m (which i doubt the figure is real as i remember should be around 12m), how on the earth that Cabella, a more proven player, would only cost us 8m? It is f***ing stupid.

Something (or someone in this case) is only worth what someone else is willing to pay e.g. NUFC got £35m off Liverpool for Carroll. Time will tell if another club thinks Cabella is worth what his club want for him.

The difference is that we need players and won't pay anything beyond a few million below market rate for them.  We will quite gladly leave the squad short if the price is a few places in the league and an excuse to throw the cups.  So aye, we'll get them if they're desperate to sell and a proper football club doesn't come in.

I fucking hate this corporate bullshit shower of cunts. They've turned a sports club with pretty damn noble roots into a bargain basement, low margin loving business fuckfest. It's the complete antithesis of the spirit of the city.

They should be run out of town by a torch-wielding mob.

The difference is that we need players and won't pay anything beyond a few million below market rate for them.  We will quite gladly leave the squad short if the price is a few places in the league and an excuse to throw the cups.  So aye, we'll get them if they're desperate to sell and a proper football club doesn't come in.

I don't disagree, but if no other club is willing to pay what Cabella's club want they aren't in a position of power. Obviously Cabella's club want as much money as possible for him. It's in their interest to try to create a bidding war. It would seem these days that the clubs NUFC try to buy players off run straight to the media to announce what they've been offered. I bet they'd do the same even if NUFC came to them with an acceptable offer just in case another club was willing to pay more. You can't blame them.

I don't disagree, but if no other club is willing to pay what Cabella's club want they aren't in a position of power. Obviously Cabella's club want as much money as possible for him. It's in their interest to try to create a bidding war. It would seem these days that the clubs NUFC try to buy players off run straight to the media to announce what they've been offered. I bet they'd do the same even if NUFC came to them with an acceptable offer just in case another club was willing to pay more. You can't blame them.

:thup: All true, I almost hope we come unstuck since we act like such absolute fucking arseholes.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bimpy474

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 5 mins

Newcastle United have made a fresh bid for Remy Cabella. More to follow. #NUFC #MHSC

Looks true like.