Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

I have two tickets on the ten year deal.  I'd been hanging on in the hope that the takeover would go through (I know, I know!) but DDs have been cancelled this morning.  Really did felt quite cathartic.  Been speaking to a lad this morning who sits in front of me in The Leazes, he's done every game home and away for years but he's also binned his ticket off, 300+ loyalty points I think he had.

I know that there is a thought that it will still be near full next season, but I really don't think so.  Just about everyone that I've spoken to who had a season ticket has jacked it in.  I guess we'll find out in a few weeks.

I cancelled mine last night and emailed the club to say why (well...filled in the contact form where they say they'll get back to you...zzzz)' Had our tickets since the Ardilles/Keegan season (just after we'd all left Uni and got jobs) but had been going since being kids....been with the same lads ever since so end of an era.

Currently I just feel f***ing gutted, tbh.

Guest covmag

I have two tickets on the ten year deal.  I'd been hanging on in the hope that the takeover would go through (I know, I know!) but DDs have been cancelled this morning.  Really did felt quite cathartic.  Been speaking to a lad this morning who sits in front of me in The Leazes, he's done every game home and away for years but he's also binned his ticket off, 300+ loyalty points I think he had.

I know that there is a thought that it will still be near full next season, but I really don't think so.  Just about everyone that I've spoken to who had a season ticket has jacked it in.  I guess we'll find out in a few weeks.

I cancelled mine last night and emailed the club to say why (well...filled in the contact form where they say they'll get back to you...zzzz)' Had our tickets since the Ardilles/Keegan season (just after we'd all left Uni and got jobs) but had been going since being kids....been with the same lads ever since so end of an era.

Well done mate , remember the bigger picture, don’t support the bastard  O0

The 'gutted' feeling does pass eventually. But you did the right thing. :thup:

There are alternatives in local non-league where your support and cash will be gratefully received. And it allows you to rediscover why you love football. My cash and energy is headed to Croft Park, this coming season.

Have to say that I'm very disappointed that it's come to this, probably been going a similar length of time to you and its always been a massive part of my life. Always thought that it would be incredibly difficult for me to give it up, but they've actually made it a relatively easy decision in the end.

I'm consoling myself with the practical benefits that this will bring, like how much money we'll save during the season. With other stuff like matchday booze, away tickets, travel and other odds and sods I reckon we'll be around £500 a month better off during the season. You don't really mind when there's a bit of pride and enjoyment to be had, but for me all that has now well and truly gone.

I know a few who were hanging on thinking the takeover might be on, the three year contract today ended that and they've both cancelled. Sad to see the reaction once they had sent the email and cancelled the DD. I think (hope) that realisation that it's actually over with the appointment of Bruce might see a few more cancel their renewals.

I know a few who were hanging on thinking the takeover might be on, the three year contract today ended that and they've both cancelled. Sad to see the reaction once they had sent the email and cancelled the DD. I think (hope) that realisation that it's actually over with the appointment of Bruce might see a few more cancel their renewals.

I'm the same, I am on DD 10 year deal and jacking it tomorrow, only hadn't cancelled as waited for takeover news. Walking away and planning to go to Non league games instead

I was leaving it as late as possible in case the takeover actually happened but I think it was actually the Allardyce thing that finally pushed me over the edge I'd been teetering on for a long time. As it became clear that they were pursuing a 3rd rate, second division, first-class chump, meaning there was no takeover, the decision became a firm one.

Could loyalty points be something that could potentially be taken up with new owners? Seems to be a sticking point for a lot of people (understandably). Surely they're still tied to the club's database somewhere?

Really heartening to see so many long termers bailing. :thup: I hope a big money (i.e. the standard price of £30m that it apparently takes to buy a half decent PL player now) signing doesn't tempt some back later this month.

Could loyalty points be something that could potentially be taken up with new owners? Seems to be a sticking point for a lot of people (understandably). Surely they're still tied to the club's database somewhere?

It might be but tbh some of the conversations I have had suggest the people retaining / renewing now are full on mongs going to support the players apparently. Yeah good luck with that, window licking cunts. Already told 1 ( family member) to not whinge at me about how shit it is

Really heartening to see so many long termers bailing. :thup: I hope a big money (i.e. the standard price of £30m that it apparently takes to buy a half decent PL player now) signing doesn't tempt some back later this month.

28 years season ticket in East stand since my dad got me it in 91. Heartbroken to walk away which is why I left it to last minute

What have people been putting in emails to club or have you just terminated the DD?

I just said I'd had a season ticket for years but wouldn't be back until fatso (didn't use that word  :D had gone.

Cancelled my direct debit on Monday. I'm also on a ten year deal. As I've said on here before I paid for my season ticket in full back in March, tried to get a refund off the bank, no luck, so tried the club, no chance. Told them to cancel all future direct debits and I'll have to take the hit on next seasons season  ticket. It'll be an empty seat.

27 years of having a season ticket, gone. I was canny gutted on Monday to be honest. But has to be done.

Cancelled my direct debit on Monday. I'm also on a ten year deal. As I've said on here before I paid for my season ticket in full back in March, tried to get a refund off the bank, no luck, so tried the club, no chance. Told them to cancel all future direct debits and I'll have to take the hit on next seasons season  ticket. It'll be an empty seat.

27 years of having a season ticket, gone. I was canny gutted on Monday to be honest. But has to be done.

Did you just email them to say you had cancelled DD for season ticket number XXX?