Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Right then. Bit of advice needed, folks.

We're not sure on Footymad so I've popped over here to see if you can help. I'm entering the last year of the 10 year deal and want to cancel (I know, I know...been part of the problem, club you deserve, etc...but I'm on board now).

So...where do I stand as far as cancelling my direct debit goes? I'm not going again until that fat slug f***s off and Ii know that i'll have to write off anything I've already paid but I'd like to contact the club with at least a bit of credible info in case they pull the legal angle. If I cancel my direct debit, are they entitled to take the rest of the money 'owed'?

no. cancelled mine last season having paid 1 month for 4 home games and never heard a peep from them. its not a finance agreement

We're not sure on Footymad so I've popped over here to see if you can help. I'm entering the last year of the 10 year deal and want to cancel (I know, I know...been part of the problem, club you deserve, etc...but I'm on board now).

So...where do I stand as far as cancelling my direct debit goes? I'm not going again until that fat slug f***s off and Ii know that i'll have to write off anything I've already paid but I'd like to contact the club with at least a bit of credible info in case they pull the legal angle. If I cancel my direct debit, are they entitled to take the rest of the money 'owed'?

They can't and won't do a thing. And if you cancel your direct debit and notify them by email they'll send you an acknowledgement email with a "thanks for your continued support" sign-off. :lol:

I'm assuming last season season tickets sold out? So that's 11,000 plus who haven't renewed then? Factor in about 3/4K less buying single tickets on general sale then we should be around 38k for Arsenal?

No they didn't sell out last season. Quite a few on 1 year deals chucked it last summer after the 20% price increase. I reckon about 22k sold baring in mind they've clearly "greyed out" loads of seats that obviously haven't been sold.

This correct?

66122539_2207869242668234_4448172099458039808_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQmsTfs-RSQYYjkcOkYBCdPPaEw9yzOIDI9rdeFxX3nbfd_Q2RDMRgxHujTXgMHmHc5Y0W_L4_2Rsd-rjEcolcT7&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=33993ccd433aa9c0e6b38091632ec480&oe=5DAB7B1B

What does that mean like?

The areas that are green mean that there are seats available to buy season tickets there. The ones that aren't green mean there arent any seats available to buy season tickets

Not just that, but green means there is a high availability. It usually goes amber when it’s reduced, and red when it very low availability.

This correct?

66122539_2207869242668234_4448172099458039808_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQmsTfs-RSQYYjkcOkYBCdPPaEw9yzOIDI9rdeFxX3nbfd_Q2RDMRgxHujTXgMHmHc5Y0W_L4_2Rsd-rjEcolcT7&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=33993ccd433aa9c0e6b38091632ec480&oe=5DAB7B1B

What does that mean like?

The areas that are green mean that there are seats available to buy season tickets there. The ones that aren't green mean there arent any seats available to buy season tickets

Not just that, but green means there is a high availability. It usually goes amber when it’s reduced, and red when it very low availability.

Not now it doesn't. Green = availability and grey = sold out.

Clicked on a few random areas....not as many available as i thought there would be. :sad:

Because people have pointed out that 3/4 of the cancelled tickets haven't been flagged as available.

Mid to high 30k mark for the Arsenal game would be immense as a starting point! Wait until tubby bruster has his feet under the table and the L's start rolling in and I can only see that increasing :thup:

Maybe the Watford game might be a better game to judge. Arsenal are bound to attract an amount of day tripper fans. It's the games against teams outside the top 6 where the drop in season ticket holders will become more obvious.

If Arsenal hammer us and we have 2 bad results at Norwich and Spurs, the Watford attendance could get really hit.

Clicked on a few random areas....not as many available as i thought there would be. :sad:

Yes did that on the block i sit in. They still haven't released my wifes ticket. Mine has been released. Neither of us have actually told them we are not renewing so seems a mixed message on when they are released. Different to last season when i was told my ticket would be available until the end of August unless i told them i was not going to renew it. Seems odd they didn't do an extension this season.

It isn't the last year though, everyone got a 3 year extension on the original 10 years.

Has/can anyone work out, given the rise in ST price, how many non renewals/cancellations it would take for Ashley to make a loss on it compared to last season?

Operating profit for 17/18 was £17.6m (last season's numbers won't be out for a while) - let's say a ST is on average £600 taking into account concessions- and that's about 30,000

Because people have pointed out that 3/4 of the cancelled tickets haven't been flagged as available.

Sorry, didn't see that.  If that's the case then happy days!!  Stick it right up them!!

Has/can anyone work out, given the rise in ST price, how many non renewals/cancellations it would take for Ashley to make a loss on it compared to last season?

Operating profit for 17/18 was £17.6m (last season's numbers won't be out for a while) - let's say a ST is on average £600 taking into account concessions- and that's about 30,000

They make around £30m per season through gate receipts. The average occupied seat generates roughly £30 per spectator per game.