Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Didn't someone on here say that although the deadline has passed, they don't release the old season tickets to the public until after an even later date in case people change their minds?

Can anyone who has cancelled look to see if their ticket is available?

I think this just means that 13,000 tickets are available. It doesn't reflect at all how many have cancelled, as it will include every seat which would have been available on the day last year.

But then you have to factor in that as Wallsendmag says, people who have cancelled still have their seats greyed out.

Long and short of it is that at this stage, we've no idea how many have cancelled.

I know the '50k will turn up no matter what' line is tempting... but I really think the empty seats will be dramatic this season.

Not just the people not renewing, there's the people who travel to 5-10 games a season, the people who will stay away after the first few defeats.

Even the Chronicle are writing negative stories now, it feels like it's genuinely turning.

The high availability in the East Stand tells you all you need to know about how season ticket sales have collapsed. There hasn't been as much availability in there since the summer of 1991. This is where the majority of the oldest, most longest serving fans sit, many of them have sat there since it was opened 45 years ago, and you can now buy 2 seats together on half way which is unheard of since the season ticket culture kicked in. Sales are definitely well below 25k and I'd estimate nearer to 20k than 25k as well.

The penny is finally dropping!

Mate of mine just been to the box office (I know I know but what can you do he didn't renew originally but is now so he can takes his kids) and he reckons there is queues out the door at the box office and there are loads of new season tickets sold.

If its true I honestly give up and they deserve everything they fucking get this season.  :blackeye: :sad:

My seat is available, some near me are greyed out, but I suspect those people to be renewing in anyway. A couple of seats from an elderly couple who are having to give up are greyed out though.

Mate of mine just been to the box office (I know I know but what can you do he didn't renew originally but is now so he can takes his kids) and he reckons there is queues out the door at the box office and there are loads of new season tickets sold.

If its true I honestly give up and they deserve everything they fucking get this season.  :blackeye: :sad:

This has to be a fucking joke?

No doubt more will buy one than we'd like, but there's no way people are excitedly anticipating the season. Some people will always go out of duty/wife avoidance, we know that.

10 season tickets sold on a lunchtime would probably cause a queue out the door, we probably only employ 1 lad on work experience in the box office now.

They do deserve all they get, yes.

But it's hardly surprising there's a big queue first thing this morning on the first day the tickets go on general sale. The people in that queue are utter mugs, of course, but it only takes 20 people to be in a queue for it to be "out the door".

I don't believe that for a minute! Why would anyone who didn't bother last season rush out to buy one as soon as they go on sale for this season after what's happened. I reckon your mate is full of shite and he must be thick as pig shit as well to let his season ticket lapse so that he loses any loyalty discount and now has to pay the price increase.

If its true I honestly give up and they deserve everything they f***ing get this season.  :blackeye: :sad:

This has to be a f***ing joke?

There'll be people who couldn't get a ticket last year. Either they lived away, or didn't have the financial means, or whatever. There'll always be new people getting their first season ticket and today is the day they'll rock up at the club.

Saying there was a queue is meaningless.

I don't believe that for a minute! Why would anyone who didn't bother last season rush out to buy one as soon as they go on sale for this season after what's happened. I reckon your mate is full of shite and he must be thick as pig shit as well to let his season ticket lapse so that he loses any loyalty discount and now has to pay the price increase.

Actually didn't think of that. He could be taking the piss. I hope so. Plus as someone just pointed out even 20 people would make a queue go out the door.

There'll be people who couldn't get a ticket last year. Either they lived away, or didn't have the financial means, or whatever. There'll always be new people getting their first season ticket and today is the day they'll rock up at the club.

Saying there was a queue is meaningless.

They aren't Newcastle fans.