Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

This is absolutely perfect, he's now doing his best to alienate the "support the team" arseholes. I'd be fucking livid if I was paying £700 for a ticket knowing that 5000 or so people in the stadium were getting in for absolutely nowt, having potentially cancelled their tickets in the summer.

Yeah, Totalsport very similar last night. Loads of supporters ringing in to give Steve Bruce credit for the recent run/form, and Ando getting shirty saying that if Benitez had gone on this run he'd have been hailed a tactical genius, whereas many still won't give Bruce the same credit.

Yet totally ignoring that the 'tactical genius' that is Steve Bruce, is basically using Rafa's tactics, since his own tactics got us humped 0-5 at Leicester.

Also, one caller claiming that he likes Bruces' 'positive substitutions', which have changed games... yet (and I may be wrong) but does Bruce not just make 'like for like' changes, and never really attempts to change the formation or setup if it isn't working?

People saying take up the option and leave the seat empty obviously don't know Ashley very well. The turnstiles are all electronic so they know every season ticket that is being used and which ones aren't. If any of these free ones aren't used for the first couple of games the club will simply cancel them and release them back for matchday sales.

This is absolutely perfect, he's now doing his best to alienate the "support the team" arseholes. I'd be fucking livid if I was paying £700 for a ticket knowing that 5000 or so people in the stadium were getting in for absolutely nowt, having potentially cancelled their tickets in the summer.

Yet it will make absolutely no difference and they'll still happily pay.

Guest neesy111

Yeap, 2 of my friends have applied.  Absolute sell outs.

It's madness. What was the price hike again over the past 2 years? The mugs who have continued to pay, have probably covered any loss Mike would make on dishing these freebies out.

Guest neesy111

It's madness. What was the price hike again over the past 2 years? The mugs who have continued to pay, have probably covered any loss Mike would make on dishing these freebies out.

1 of them is on the 10 year deal.  Bloke always moans about ashley etc, threatened to cancel ST etc.  Just about the biggest hypocrite I know regarding NUFC.  Refuse to talk football with him now.

Wonder if current season ticket holders will get a new pen and badge set again this year as a thank you.

Could throw in a super exclusive badge/tie that shows just how much of a soopa fan they are.

Honestly I try not to get annoyed about anything with the club these days, but shit like this gets under my skin.

It just shows how bad things are, the numbers drop due to his absolutely shit running of the club, then he gets his fuckin patsy to come out and say numbers are down because geordies are hard up, and now he's made out to look like fuckin santa because people are lapping it up.  Infuriating.

Guest neesy111

Honestly I try not to get annoyed about anything with the club these days, but shit like this gets under my skin.

It just shows how bad things are, the numbers drop due to his absolutely shit running of the club, then he gets his fuckin patsy to come out and say numbers are down because geordies are hard up, and now he's made out to look like fuckin santa because people are lapping it up.  Infuriating.

Same, think this is the thing that finishes me off.

Someone has just put a screenshot on facebook showing they are number 12,382 in the queue for tickets!

Ashley really must be pissing himself on the regular at how fucking easy this is for them. "Oh the geordies are being troublesome again, throw them some free tickets". Absolutely mind blowingly easy. No wonder he never sells up. It's honestly really depressing that a city like ours can be held over by some fucking chancer.

I mean it is annoying on the pr side of things but I’m not turning down a free ticket like even if the seat goes empty

The situation is hopeless, like. There will never, ever be a collective and meaningful revolt against the club from the fanbase. It's too far-reaching and comprised of too many levels of supporterdom. I was somewhat enthused by the partial emptiness - it made me feel like I wasn't the only contrarian arsehole out there. But the grim reality is: for every militant supporter who's had enough and is suffering through the torment of sacrifice, there's several hundred more grateful consumers, for whom the bigger picture means less than merely satisfying a craving for live events. Where some will only return following a change of ownership, for others a PR stunt and a cynical giveaway is all that's necessary to pull them back, or in for the first time.

That said, I don't believe for a moment this gesture of goodwill has come from anyone at the club. Ashley giving away millions of pounds worth of goods? Not a chance. He'll get benefits from it in the long run, of course, but this isn't his style. It'll be a sponsor/Premier League issue: get it sorted. That Bruce and Charnerz are trying to get brownie points is a bit sickly and characteristically disingenuous.

We, as a fan base, really deserve everything we get with this club.

If this was Sunderland, the same morons would have been pissing themselves laughing. There’s no hope for this club.

I’m with the miserable bastards (which is now me) who want us to fail. That’s the only way for us to get our club.

If this was Sunderland, the same morons would have been pissing themselves laughing. There’s no hope for this club.

I’m with the miserable bastards (which is now me) who want us to fail. That’s the only way for us to get our club.

I said exactly this in the office this morning - we deserved the 2 relegations and we'll deserve the next one even more :(

Guest neesy111

I bet if you drew a venn diagram of people who've used the phrase "free ticket mackems" and are now snapping up the free tickets you'd get some good results

Exactly.