Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

I’m not on the wind up,

I am a fan I’ve supported the team for years

A difference in view about completely not going doesn’t make me not a fan, to be frankly honest you and a few other people here are just downright harsh and rude to people making the place toxic and due to the admin clearly not caring any more / not really paying attention it’s allowed to go on.

I make my stand by not purchasing anything from sports direct or from the club bar my season ticket or any of Ashley’s brands for that matter

I do make an impact in that way

I want the club to change as much as you

Hey hopefully it will all change one day

You may as well buy his merchandise, you are not hurting him while you still attend as he won't care that Joe Bloggs hasn't bought a scarf but he will care when the ground is half full as it puts more pressure on.

My view is simple, I wasn't happy with the lack of ambition, lies and manager and the way we sign players so I cancelled and don't miss it that much.

Fans that do go are paying for a substandard product which has its limitations and understand what they will get from that product, therefore not much room to complain when you get what you sign up for as you know the constraints.

Guest reefatoon

It’s so easy for Ashley to get his way. Quick wave of free tickets and thousands more people standing there, thrusting their pants down, bending over and asking Mike for more.  He has never had it so easy.

I’m not on the wind up,

A difference in view about completely not going doesn’t make me not a fan, to be frankly honest you and a few other people here are just downright harsh and rude to people making the place toxic and due to the admin clearly not caring any more / not really paying attention it’s allowed to go on.

I make my stand by not purchasing anything from sports direct or from the club bar my season ticket or any of Ashley’s brands for that matter

You need to remember that this is a message board mainly populated by people who don't live in Newcastle and aren't (and have never been) matchgoing supporters as such. They are going to have a different aspect to it than you have and they will have a totally different opinion (and way of putting it over) to people you'll speak to in real life so to speak. In reality call someone a scab or whatever on a messagboard and there's no comeback. Do it in real life and you're getting a punch in the face.

I know people on both sides of the fence but, out in the real world most people are respectful of each others stance and there's no hostility. I've certainly never fallen out with any friends or family over boycotting/attending and I don't know of anyone else who has either.

Do what you want. You don't need to justify yourself to anyone, least of all a faceless person on the internet. I've stopped but plenty of my family members and mates still go.

Live and let live.

I’m not on the wind up,

You need to remember that this is a message board mainly populated by people who don't live in Newcastle and aren't (and have never been) matchgoing supporters as such. They are going to have a different aspect to it than you have and they will have a totally different opinion (and way of putting it over) to people you'll speak to in real life so to speak. In reality call someone a scab or whatever on a messagboard and there's no comeback. Do it in real life and you're getting a punch in the face.

I know people on both sides of the fence but, out in the real world most people are respectful of each others stance and there's no hostility. I've certainly never fallen out with any friends or family over boycotting/attending and I don't know of anyone else who has either.

Do what you want. You don't need to justify yourself to anyone, least of all a faceless person on the internet. I've stopped but plenty of my family members and mates still go.

Live and let live.

There are plenty of locals on here that have sacrificed their routines to try and create change. The wider fanbase doesn’t seem interested. Have their day out with the lads on the piss, get away from the wife...all things that could still be done without feeding Ashley £500-600 a year on top.

I’m not on the wind up,

Live and let live.

There are plenty of locals on here that have sacrificed their routines to try and create change. The wider fanbase doesn’t seem interested. Have their day out with the lads on the piss, get away from the wife...all things that could still be done without feeding Ashley £500-600 a year on top.

The majority on here have never been regular match going fans so they are bound to see things differently to those who have gone to the match religiously for most of their life. That's not up for debate. I've made the decision to stop going, many of my friends and family still go. I can honestly say none of us have had a cross word to say to each other. Respect other people's decision. There's only one person at fault here. Life's too short.

Decent posters getting dogs abuse for going to the match  :huff:

Disagree with their point of view all you like (I do fwiw) but having a different perspective shouldn't mean you're fair game for this kind of crap.

We're all Newcastle fans, we all want what's best for the club, abusing each other and becoming divided just plays into Ashley's hands.

Originally I was hoping we’d stay up get taken over etc. I’m now in the camp where I hope it crashes and burns, we don’t win another home game all season and everyone who is attending deserves what they get.

Nice guy

Lovely actually, but fuck you.

No need for that.

There actually was

No there wasn't. Shouldn't be told to fuck off on message board because you have a different opinion.

Originally I was hoping we’d stay up get taken over etc. I’m now in the camp where I hope it crashes and burns, we don’t win another home game all season and everyone who is attending deserves what they get.

Nice guy

Lovely actually, but fuck you.

No need for that.

There actually was

No there wasn't. Shouldn't be told to fuck off on message board because you have a different opinion.

Or have whether you’re a nice guy being called into question because you have a different opinion. I can see why it made him angry.

How can you continue to go to the match, man? Cancelled my ticket in the summer and won't be back until we start competing again, whether that's with or without Ashley involved in some capacity. Genuinely couldn't give a fuck who owns us, just want to see us build year after year without the threat of the reset button being mashed every 2 / 3 years. If at this stage (12 years of piss taking) you can't see that by going to the match you are part of the problem then you are a lost cause.

Please don't complain when we sign Emil Kraft Mk II in January for 3.5 million and continue our slide towards relegation and enjoy your relegation, whenever it happens within the next 4/5 years.

Live and let live.

A fair and concise summary IMO.

I don’t judge people who still go too harshly, I understand that football fans have an ingrained duty to support their club. The fact that the club has an ingrained duty to also do its best doesn’t seem to be registering enough. We pretend that there’s still a club in the regular sense of the word.

Personally I don’t go because I can’t see any point, there’s nothing to support. And I would prefer failure to success because success proves Ashley’s strategy right.

I’m not on the wind up,

Live and let live.

There are plenty of locals on here that have sacrificed their routines to try and create change. The wider fanbase doesn’t seem interested. Have their day out with the lads on the p*ss, get away from the wife...all things that could still be done without feeding Ashley £500-600 a year on top.

The majority on here have never been regular match going fans so they are bound to see things differently to those who have gone to the match religiously for most of their life. That's not up for debate. I've made the decision to stop going, many of my friends and family still go. I can honestly say none of us have had a cross word to say to each other. Respect other people's decision. There's only one person at fault here. Life's too short.

What are you basing that on? There are tons of match going fans on here who are local who have jacked it in, and even if they weren’t how is it different? I’m bored of saying this, but I’ve lived away my whole life until recently, I went to away games when I was 4 years old with my older brother, and any home games. I wanted a season ticket my entire life, id kill to be able to have one and go every week. Don’t assume it’s easier for those who haven’t had one, to not be going to games. I’ve essentially had to give up on the one thing that I constantly wanted my entire childhood and adult years. Doesn’t make it any easier. In fact I’d say it’s harder.

Before people started losing interest the match threads (during games) were always the most active threads contributed by a large amount of posters who obviously weren't at the match.

Not just that, it's blindingly obvious that there's always been a far larger % of non matchgoing fans on here than matchgoing ones. I've moved to the latter category now but tbh I have no beef with those who have always gone and continue to do so.

My rule has always been don't type out anything to anyone on here that I wouldn't be prepared to say to their face.