Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

That’s fine and I agree with the last bit, but that doesn’t mean what you’ve said is accurate. A lot of people jacked it ages ago, some after Keegan left or picked it back up when Rafa came in. Devolving into name calling isn’t ideal of course, but it’s bound to happen when everything is fucked

I believe it's pretty accurate. NUFC has a huge fanbase. It's unrealistic to expect everyone to have the same opinion. It's something I've come to terms with myself over the past few months. I was fairly hostile towards matchgoing fans for a while.

I've never been a season ticket holder, I don't get up to the area much but have been back a few times this year. Honestly I'd have given my left nut to go to a game and meet up with some people but could not bring myself to even peruse the club shop. Believe me it is painful but why would I want to go back to an abusive long distance relationship?

If you're not part of the solution, you are part of the problem, simple as that. If you still go to matches you're accepting what this regime is doing to the club by funding them. I derive no joy from Brewcies Black & White army, I'm not at the point of wanting us to lose like I was under Pardew, I've watched much less of us this season than ever before though.

I’m not on the wind up,

I am a fan I’ve supported the team for years

A difference in view about completely not going doesn’t make me not a fan, to be frankly honest you and a few other people here are just downright harsh and rude to people making the place toxic and due to the admin clearly not caring any more / not really paying attention it’s allowed to go on.

I make my stand by not purchasing anything from sports direct or from the club bar my season ticket or any of Ashley’s brands for that matter

I do make an impact in that way

I want the club to change as much as you

Hey hopefully it will all change one day

You need to remember that this is a message board mainly populated by people who don't live in Newcastle and aren't (and have never been) matchgoing supporters as such. They are going to have a different aspect to it than you have and they will have a totally different opinion (and way of putting it over) to people you'll speak to in real life so to speak. In reality call someone a scab or whatever on a messagboard and there's no comeback. Do it in real life and you're getting a punch in the face.

I know people on both sides of the fence but, out in the real world most people are respectful of each others stance and there's no hostility. I've certainly never fallen out with any friends or family over boycotting/attending and I don't know of anyone else who has either.

Do what you want. You don't need to justify yourself to anyone, least of all a faceless person on the internet. I've stopped but plenty of my family members and mates still go.

Live and let live.

There are plenty of locals on here that have sacrificed their routines to try and create change. The wider fanbase doesn’t seem interested. Have their day out with the lads on the p*ss, get away from the wife...all things that could still be done without feeding Ashley £500-600 a year on top.

The majority on here have never been regular match going fans so they are bound to see things differently to those who have gone to the match religiously for most of their life. That's not up for debate. I've made the decision to stop going, many of my friends and family still go. I can honestly say none of us have had a cross word to say to each other. Respect other people's decision. There's only one person at fault here. Life's too short.

What are you basing that on? There are tons of match going fans on here who are local who have jacked it in, and even if they weren’t how is it different? I’m bored of saying this, but I’ve lived away my whole life until recently, I went to away games when I was 4 years old with my older brother, and any home games. I wanted a season ticket my entire life, id kill to be able to have one and go every week. Don’t assume it’s easier for those who haven’t had one, to not be going to games. I’ve essentially had to give up on the one thing that I constantly wanted my entire childhood and adult years. Doesn’t make it any easier. In fact I’d say it’s harder.

Before people started losing interest the match threads (during games) were always the most active threads contributed by a large amount of posters who obviously weren't at the match.

Not just that, it's blindingly obvious that there's always been a far larger % of non matchgoing fans on here than matchgoing ones. I've moved to the latter category now but tbh I have no beef with those who have always gone and continue to do so.

My rule has always been don't type out anything to anyone on here that I wouldn't be prepared to say to their face.

GpXuDLg.jpg

I’m not on the wind up,

A difference in view about completely not going doesn’t make me not a fan, to be frankly honest you and a few other people here are just downright harsh and rude to people making the place toxic and due to the admin clearly not caring any more / not really paying attention it’s allowed to go on.

I make my stand by not purchasing anything from sports direct or from the club bar my season ticket or any of Ashley’s brands for that matter

You need to remember that this is a message board mainly populated by people who don't live in Newcastle and aren't (and have never been) matchgoing supporters as such. They are going to have a different aspect to it than you have and they will have a totally different opinion (and way of putting it over) to people you'll speak to in real life so to speak. In reality call someone a scab or whatever on a messagboard and there's no comeback. Do it in real life and you're getting a punch in the face.

I know people on both sides of the fence but, out in the real world most people are respectful of each others stance and there's no hostility. I've certainly never fallen out with any friends or family over boycotting/attending and I don't know of anyone else who has either.

Do what you want. You don't need to justify yourself to anyone, least of all a faceless person on the internet. I've stopped but plenty of my family members and mates still go.

Live and let live.

There are plenty of locals on here that have sacrificed their routines to try and create change. The wider fanbase doesn’t seem interested. Have their day out with the lads on the piss, get away from the wife...all things that could still be done without feeding Ashley £500-600 a year on top.

The majority on here have never been regular match going fans so they are bound to see things differently to those who have gone to the match religiously for most of their life. That's not up for debate. I've made the decision to stop going, many of my friends and family still go. I can honestly say none of us have had a cross word to say to each other. Respect other people's decision. There's only one person at fault here. Life's too short.

Had my season ticket for 29 years up to this season so had a lot to walk away from. Easy decision it turns out as the club is an empty shell. I could either turn up and accept what I am seeing or walk away and try to impact things. There are a lot of people that go to matches that are going for routine and that's fine but please don't boo or moan when it goes wrong as you asked for this shit

I’m not on the wind up,

Live and let live.

There are plenty of locals on here that have sacrificed their routines to try and create change. The wider fanbase doesn’t seem interested. Have their day out with the lads on the piss, get away from the wife...all things that could still be done without feeding Ashley £500-600 a year on top.

Had my season ticket for 29 years up to this season so had a lot to walk away from. Easy decision it turns out as the club is an empty shell. I could either turn up and accept what I am seeing or walk away and try to impact things. There are a lot of people that go to matches that are going for routine and that's fine but please don't boo or moan when it goes wrong as you asked for this shit

If you've had your season ticket since 1990 you would have bought it when Gordon McKeag was chairman. What did you think of the club and its ambitions back then and what made you get a season ticket?

I’m not on the wind up,

Live and let live.

If you've had your season ticket since 1990 you would have bought it when Gordon McKeag was chairman. What did you think of the club and its ambitions back then and what made you get a season ticket?

My Dad. I was 11.

I’m not on the wind up,

Live and let live.

My Dad. I was 11.

That was around the time The Magpie Group were trying to get people to boycott matches so you and him must have been scabs and part of the problem, not the solution back then.

I’m not on the wind up,

Live and let live.

My Dad. I was 11.

That was around the time The Magpie Group were trying to get people to boycott matches so you and him must have been scabs and part of the problem, not the solution back then.

Well done. He was 11.

Another to add to this Wullie post https://www.newcastle-online.org/forum/index.php?topic=96324.msg6226010#msg6226010

I think I'd also take a degree of satisfaction watching the mugs that point blank refuse to stop going sitting through Rotherham at home on a Wednesday night in January.

I've already explained further up that I used to be hostile towards people who wouldn't join me in boycotting so your point scoring exercise is worthless. I still agree that boycotting matches is the best way forward and that's what I'll continue to do, but abusing people because they still go to games is silly. Their spare time, their money.

Another to add to this Wullie post https://www.newcastle-online.org/forum/index.php?topic=96324.msg6226010#msg6226010

I think I'd also take a degree of satisfaction watching the mugs that point blank refuse to stop going sitting through Rotherham at home on a Wednesday night in January.

I've already explained further up that I used to be hostile towards people who wouldn't join me in boycotting so your point scoring exercise is worthless. I still agree that boycotting matches is the best way forward and that's what I'll continue to do, but abusing people because they still go to games is silly. Their spare time, their money.

It’s like people can’t change their opinions over a 4 year period of time.

It’s like people can’t change their opinions over a 4 year period of time.

Exactly. Hope he doesn't open the Vurnon Anita thread up next!

Ashley's money now.

By all means spend your spare time at the match. By all means hand over your spare money. But don't fucking dare sit there and complain about a lack of investment or ambition. Don't fucking dare sit there and shout "Support the team not the regime!!" after you've handed over £500+ for a season ticket and god knows how much else at the match over the course of a season. You know exactly what you're getting with Ashley. Your money is allowing that.

Be interesting to see the reaction of people around these newly occupied seats towards their new owners.

Exactly what Ashley wants, turn the fans against each other. Divide and conquer. Newcastle are united in name only

Be interesting to see the reaction of people around these newly occupied seats towards their new owners.

Exactly what Ashley wants, turn the fans against each other. Divide and conquer. Newcastle are united in name only

Exactly this, Ashley has taken a leaf out the Conservative book.  Let them fight among themselves!

Spot on, wish he would tell his mates on the podcast. They kept saying s**** like "fair play to the club for this", absolute f***ing horse s****. One of the worst decisions since Ashleys last horrible decision.

Why exactly is this fair play to the club? They’re doing this because they want people going to games, not as some form of favour or good gesture. Am I wrong in thinking people have forgot the reason attendances  are low this season is Because of boycotters? It seems like people have forgotten.

My mate said free tickets are on condition people don't cancel direct debit otherwise they are null and void, no idea how true that is.

I’d imagine there are safe guards in place where people can’t just replace their own season ticket with a free one

My mate said free tickets are on condition people don't cancel direct debit otherwise they are null and void, no idea how true that is.

I’d imagine there are safe guards in place where people can’t just replace their own season ticket with a free one

Absolutely but could have been put in place knowing people have to cancel by Jan or next lot kick in, not the gesture the cunts say it is?