Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

If this takeover happens we will be back to long waiting lists for season tickets like the early/mid 90's. They will have to extend the ground if possible or look at potential new land.

Got to hope we can buy back Strawberry Place...

Pretty sure that the 10k free ones had a condition on it that it couldn’t be renewed for next year - so they’d have to wait for general sale like the rest of us.

I was wondering that- good news if true.  Place wouldn't be the same without the longtime season ticket holders back

Pretty sure that the 10k free ones had a condition on it that it couldn’t be renewed for next year - so they’d have to wait for general sale like the rest of us.

I was wondering that- good news if true.  Place wouldn't be the same without the longtime season ticket holders back

I’m not sure it’s true. Bloke at work got one for his kid and apparently had option to renew? Absolute bummer if true.

I’m not sure it’s true. Bloke at work got one for his kid and apparently had option to renew? Absolute bummer if true.

I hope not :(

I hope not :(

Tell me about it mate. But hearing conflicting stuff so God knows to be honest. Wonder if anyone on here has one?

Is it not too early for renewals?

Is it not too early for renewals?

Not sure if he’s pulling my pisser or what. But it says he has an option to click renew - so God knows. Will post any screenshots if I can get them.

From a business point of view, the club would be foolish not to offer the free season ticket holders chance to renew their seats. Not good for the rest of us!

I actually feel the exact opposite.  These morons received the season tickets FREE.  They should be named and shamed or the season ticket holders/arseholes that "bought" them on their behalf should be named and shamed.  I hate them for falling for the corrupt Ashley game he played.  Mugs and idiots the lot of them!  😡

Do those more knowledgeable think there'd be any hope a southerner who's never had a season ticket would have a chance of getting one if this sale goes through?

I always told myself if Ashley leaves and I'm not broke I'd get a one and travel up every other weekend. I don't think I could resist if this actually happens..

I'm just accepting I probably won't be able to get mine back short term due to demand, will stick with Hebburn and occasional game where I can. I will try and get it back but just doubt it will be that easy

It’s hard to look at this objectively having cancelled my ticket last season along with the fact I’ll be desperate to get it back if the takeover goes through.

However, under absolutely no circumstances should the free ticket brigade be given first refusal on their seats. I would like to say that those who have boycotted should get first dibs but then I don’t really think that’s fair either. Those who cancelled knew that it would be hard to get their ticket back in the event of us being took over... we just didn’t expect the fat c*nt to give away 10k tickets for nothing!

The 10k free tickets should just go on general sale on a first come, first served basis.

Do those more knowledgeable think there'd be any hope a southerner who's never had a season ticket would have a chance of getting one if this sale goes through?

I always told myself if Ashley leaves and I'm not broke I'd get a one and travel up every other weekend. I don't think I could resist if this actually happens..

I don't think it's out of the question. I'd be surprised if there's anywhere near half of of free tickets get renewed at full price. Obviously there's the issue around those have have packed in fairly recently, whether they get first dibs, and how you manage all of that.

There'll obviously be a surge in demand, but I think it's difficult to predict how big that will be. Depending on how long this COVID situation drags on for you could have a lot of people, sadly, being in a more difficult position financially, so it could be that there's a reasonable number that can't renew.

The Trust and other supporters groups I know will be approaching any new owners and fighting the corner for those who have boycotted. Whether the new owners think it will be a quick PR win or whether it pisses off those who kept their tickets remains to be seen, but I’d like to think those who have packed in under Ashley, as long as they can prove it, should be able to get first dibs.

Realistically, say all 10k go on general sale, how many would you lot estimate would be available? About 15-17k I would say at a guess?

I don't think it's out of the question. I'd be surprised if there's anywhere near half of of free tickets get renewed at full price. Obviously there's the issue around those have have packed in fairly recently, whether they get first dibs, and how you manage all of that.

There'll obviously be a surge in demand, but I think it's difficult to predict how big that will be. Depending on how long this COVID situation drags on for you could have a lot of people, sadly, being in a more difficult position financially, so it could be that there's a reasonable number that can't renew.

:thup: Will just need to keep an eye I guess.

In complete agreement that those who packed in over the course of Ashley's tenure should get first dibs and I hope the club can sort it if/when the time comes.

The Trust and other supporters groups I know will be approaching any new owners and fighting the corner for those who have boycotted. Whether the new owners think it will be a quick PR win or whether it pisses off those who kept their tickets remains to be seen, but I’d like to think those who have packed in under Ashley, as long as they can prove it, should be able to get first dibs.

Realistically, say all 10k go on general sale, how many would you lot estimate would be available? About 15-17k I would say at a guess?

Did we have about 32k ST holders this year before the free ones? Think I may have read that somewhere?

Then you need 3.5k for away fans and 10%(?) (5k) has to be kept for match by match sales. So I'd guess you're looking at a further 12k ST being available?

I'm sure the freebies don't have automatic chance to renew mind iirc?

Guest neesy111

They don't.

Did we have about 32k ST holders this year before the free ones? Think I may have read that somewhere?

Then you need 3.5k for away fans and 10%(?) (5k) has to be kept for match by match sales. So I'd guess you're looking at a further 12k ST being available?

Cheers - fingers crossed that the Trust can pull it out of the bag.

Yeah I don't think they do! What would your thoughts be Paully? Would you welcome back boycotters? Not an interrogation by the way :lol: just curious given you are a home and away die hard!