Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Does anyone else travel up from the south for games? Just wondering if a season ticket is feasible given how often the games get moved?

I’d need to be able to do some level of planning.

I'd be travelling from up Derby either side of the festive period if I get mine back. You'd have to wait until the TV dates are announced which is usually about 1 month prior. They end up being late more often than not though by a few days.

Anyone know how much a ten person box runs at for the season, roughly?

I rang up a few months ago to try and sort one for the lads for a day out. It was too expensive for us though. The figure I was quoted for a one off game was £350pp +VAT. There are 8, 10 and 12 seat boxes.

I think they’ve got 6 or 7 not paid up for the season.

I rang up a few months ago to try and sort one for the lads for a day out. It was too expensive for us though. The figure I was quoted for a one off game was £350pp +VAT. There are 8, 10 and 12 seat boxes.

So about 80k GBP for a season for 10 people....  Yikes!!  4200GBP per match inc the VAT.

So about 80k GBP for a season for 10 people....  Yikes!!  4200GBP per match inc the VAT.

Bear in mind that was for a Tier 1 game - I think it was Man Utd - so I don’t think it’ll be as high as that when you take into account the whole season.

Still expensive though!

What does having a box actually entail? Is the food/drink included? I'd be fairly tempted if so, and if I couldn't get one in a 'normal' area.

Not sure my son would enjoy it as much like.

Also, Platinum Club, how much are season tickets in there does anyone know?

What does having a box actually entail? Is the food/drink included? I'd be fairly tempted if so, and if I couldn't get one in a 'normal' area.

Not sure my son would enjoy it as much like.

Also, Platinum Club, how much are season tickets in there does anyone know?

You get a 3 course meal. I’ve no idea if drinks are included - I think it gets totalled to your bill at the end of the match?

I’ve only been in a box once. It’s great for a one off, but I don’t think I could do it every week. I’d miss the atmosphere too much. You definitely can’t let yourself ‘go’ as much in regards to singing or swearing!

There's various different packages that come with hiring a Box. You can get the full works, champagne, 3 course sit down meal etc, or you can get a standard hot fork buffet in your box whereby you just help yourselves rather than having a waitress  serving you. Every box gets a host/hostess and they'll do everything for you from getting your drinks to acting as a bookie runner and putting your bets on for you. Even if you choose the most expensive package you can't take your drink outside onto the balcony to watch the match.

I’ve never understood the need to eat or drink at the match. Not once bought anything from our ground in 38yrs. I understand it for travelling fans as they’ve maybe made a long drive up and have one back if not making a weekend of it.

Does anyone else travel up from the south for games? Just wondering if a season ticket is feasible given how often the games get moved?

I'd be driving up from Leicester. Weekend games wouldn't be an issue and I've got enough AL/flexi for pre-planned midweek/Monday games.

I'd just be resigned to the fact I might miss some games that get moved at short notice. Probably leave the ST at my mam and dad's so he or my mates can use it as and when.

I travelled up from London 2007-2011 and probably missed as many games as I got to. Too many shifted for TV, Championship season was a nightmare as it was usually last minute when I'd bought train tickets months ago. You can't get the same cheap tickets these days either. Probably have to drive to make it work.

Not sure I’d want to go the football and have a 3 course meal being waited on.

It's not something I could do on a regular basis. It's nice as a one off treat though. My company used to have a box, although they cancelled it a couple of years into the Ashley regime as the standards had gone to pot, and it's a decent enough way to watch the match but usually I would find myself looking over at my seat in the Gallowgate and wishing I was there instead.

I travelled up from London 2007-2011 and probably missed as many games as I got to. Too many shifted for TV, Championship season was a nightmare as it was usually last minute when I'd bought train tickets months ago. You can't get the same cheap tickets these days either. Probably have to drive to make it work.

Yeah, I never get cheap train tickets anyway so I’d have to swallow that. It was more just planning it with work etc.

I’ve never understood the need to eat or drink at the match. Not once bought anything from our ground in 38yrs. I understand it for travelling fans as they’ve maybe made a long drive up and have one back if not making a weekend of it.

Pre-match Pret is good for me. Massive lad.

Guest neesy111

Pre-match Pret is good for me. Massive lad.

:lol: