Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Howaythetoon

All those Ashley enablers don't deserve time watch a successful NUFC. I hope they get priced out one day!

Mind, I don’t think I deserve to just waltz back in after a decade of not going and snapping up a seat either.

So I’ll be buying a fucking box!

Seriously, the City deserves a cub that tries to be the best it can and that’s the kind of club the likes of KK gave us all.

That’s the true potential of our club, that’s where we can go and hope to be.

It’s just a shame it will take Saudi money to get there, but unlike under KK it won’t ever feel as good, as real and as meaningful if we do even with trophies on top.

I’m just so grateful I got to experience that, to feel that good about my club, my team and everything about it and to witness an era where we were the best NUFC high meant we were one of the best in the world and I wouldn’t swap that era for any number of trophies to come and no NUFC club of ours will ever be that good, that special, that brilliant to support, follow and go out and watch.

I’m content knowing I’ve felt, seen, enjoyed and known that club which is why it was all the easier to walk away under Ashley and why it will be easy to watch on afar away from a seat at the stadium and let someone else sit there instead.

The victory for me, the prize, the joy, the happiness will be in seeing Ashley out finally, that’s my little trophy right now.

All those Ashley enablers don't deserve time watch a successful NUFC. I hope they get priced out one day!

Mind, I don’t think I deserve to just waltz back in after a decade of not going and snapping up a seat either.

So I’ll be buying a fucking box!

Seriously, the City deserves a cub that tries to be the best it can and that’s the kind of club the likes of KK gave us all.

That’s the true potential of our club, that’s where we can go and hope to be.

It’s just a shame it will take Saudi money to get there, but unlike under KK it won’t ever feel as good, as real and as meaningful if we do even with trophies on top.

I’m just so grateful I got to experience that, to feel that good about my club, my team and everything about it and to witness an era where we were the best NUFC high meant we were one of the best in the world and I wouldn’t swap that era for any number of trophies to come and no NUFC club of ours will ever be that good, that special, that brilliant to support, follow and go out and watch.

I’m content knowing I’ve felt, seen, enjoyed and known that club which is why it was all the easier to walk away under Ashley and why it will be easy to watch on afar away from a seat at the stadium and let someone else sit there instead.

The victory for me, the prize, the joy, the happiness will be in seeing Ashley out finally, that’s my little trophy right now.

Agree with you, used to be a season ticket holder years ago, but I don't expect to waltz back in now, and not sure I would want to. I'm sure there will be loads of fans clamouring for the tickets once this goes through, and if there's any decent seats still going, I'll definitely put in for them. But for me, just seeing a full and passionate St James back on song will make me happy. I'll get to the odd cup game if I can otherwise.

Personally I'd do it based off previous loyalty points or something but really the only way to do it fairly is going to be general sale.  Free tickets no option to renew, obviously.

Aren’t loyalty points just got away games though? I had a season ticket for 17 years and have it up because of Ashley. I just can’t see how they could do it fairly. Plus I’m not entirely sure they’d want to go down the ‘if you cancelled because

Of Ashley route’. General sale seems to the only fair way to me.

Seems to be a lot of arguments on twitter regarding who should and shouldn’t get a ticket. Shame to see so many argue, really. Don’t see why previous season ticket holders getting ticket back would annoyed those who stayed, but at the same time can’t see how it will be fair to give anyone first chance to buy.

Such a shame man, we need to be United for the first time in literally years.

Aye, very weird behaviour doing the rounds.

Having sacked one in with plenty of loyalty points this season, like fuck do I deserve to be pushed up the pecking order, even if it was remotely feasible. Can have no complaints really if the free ticket lot get first dibs even.

General sale for any left over the only way to do it. Those who jumped ship knew the potential risks when they did so. 

Seems to be a lot of arguments on twitter regarding who should and shouldn’t get a ticket. Shame to see so many argue, really. Don’t see why previous season ticket holders getting ticket back would annoyed those who stayed, but at the same time can’t see how it will be fair to give anyone first chance to buy.

Such a shame man, we need to be United for the first time in literally years.

I'd argue it was more annoying for those that left, that 10,000 people got a free ST :lol:

Hopefully, once this all calms down we can be United again

Having sacked one in with plenty of loyalty points this season, like fuck do I deserve to be pushed up the pecking order, even if it was remotely feasible. Can have no complaints really if the free ticket lot get first dibs even.

General sale for any left over the only way to do it. Those who jumped ship knew the potential risks when they did so. 

See, I’d argue you do really, albeit from a bias perspective. I have no doubt that people like you made a difference, the only problem being is the fact we will never know for sure if you (we) did or not.

:lol: I think it would be pretty reasonable to feel aggrieved in that scenario - especially if you're a fan who gave up their season ticket because of the disgraceful running of the club, and especially if it was as recently as last summer; but the risk was there as you rightly say, so it's a difficult/impossible one to overcome. I'd hope that the freebie brigade don't get first refusal, but there's no way of properly apportioning the right to a season ticket in this scenario. I hardly think it's weird or surprising that there are people feeling 'more deserving' of 'dibs'; I'm not following Twitter but many, myself included, found those people be acting against the interests of the club, so I'm not surprised there's a debate.

Perfectly natural to be slightly frustrated by it like, part of me would have been FEWMIN if missed out on a cup Semi / Final ticket this year  :lol:

Ultimately though, can't expect to stop investing in your club and still receive preferential treatment at a later date. Such is life.

Spoke to a mate of mine about this and he got  two of the freebies for other people when they came out.

He says all the tickets are in his name so not sure if that has any relevance when it comes to renewing them. I know in the past that you had to sign up personally when buying a season ticket.

I suppose the box office could always contact the paying ticket holder and ask them to get the free ticket holders to fill out a renewal form. Would be a bad PR move to begin with IMO.

I fall into both categories, someone who rapped early season then became a 'free ticket mag'. 1st game was in 1976. Been a regular home and away over the years. Cancelled the DD on my ST of 28 years in September when failure to keep Rafa confirmed, if I didn't already know it, that we had no intention of trying to achieve any success. Just had a lack of interest and a feeling of 'what's the point'. Once I'd gone however i couldn't hack watching reports from SJP . I watched some non league stuff, did a bit of groundhopping in an attempt to do them all but there just seemed a void in life I struggled with. I was offered a freebie and I had to ask myself whether I'd  be happier going to the games or not and the answer was yes, I'd feel happier going so I took the offer up. Puts tin hat on ☺. Haven't given him any more money and thought I'm  knocking on a bit (52). If I had to wait another 5/10 or even more years for new owners I might be past it. I'm just praying this takeover goes through so we can wholeheartedly  get behind the club we love whether we've continued to go or otherwise.

I fall into both categories, someone who rapped early season then became a 'free ticket mag'. 1st game was in 1976. Been a regular home and away over the years. Cancelled the DD on my ST of 28 years in September when failure to keep Rafa confirmed, if I didn't already know it, that we had no intention of trying to achieve any success. Just had a lack of interest and a feeling of 'what's the point'. Once I'd gone however i couldn't hack watching reports from SJP . I watched some non league stuff, did a bit of groundhopping in an attempt to do them all but there just seemed a void in life I struggled with. I was offered a freebie and I had to ask myself whether I'd  be happier going to the games or not and the answer was yes, I'd feel happier going so I took the offer up. Puts tin hat on ☺. Haven't given him any more money and thought I'm  knocking on a bit (52). If I had to wait another 5/10 or even more years for new owners I might be past it. I'm just praying this takeover goes through so we can wholeheartedly  get behind the club we love whether we've continued to go or otherwise.

I feel your pain. I really struggled this past 9 months and not having the escape of the match left a huge void. I was offered a free ticket but I just couldn’t do it.

Good post.

I've spoken to a mate who works in the finance dept. He reckons the 10,000 STs were only for the remainder of the season and they couldn't be reserved as a full ST for next season. So fingers crossed lads :thup:

Done a bit detective work myself and just to add a little bit to what’s kind of been said;

The free season tickets are in the name of the original season ticket holder.

There is a button to renew them on the website.

When you click on it gives you three options but none working currently due to pricing but will be interesting if this is still the case July 1st when on sale:

Hospitality Suite Season 20/21

Hospitality Season Ticket 20/21

Season Ticket 20/21