Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Has anything been said about possible refunds for this season's remaining games that have already been paid for by season ticket holders.

No, unsurprisingly. I have some sympathy in respect of the fact that nobody really has the first clue what's going to happen, so in that sense they can't really promise anything. However, it seems Man Utd and a couple of others have realeased statements basically saying if the season is voided or games are played behind closed doors they would refund ST holders for those games.

I think under Ashley we were all slightly fearful that at best we'd be given club vouchers or something, but I think (hopefully!) under the new regime we'd get a refund or money off next seasons ticket.

I've spoken to a mate who works in the finance dept. He reckons the 10,000 STs were only for the remainder of the season and they couldn't be reserved as a full ST for next season. So fingers crossed lads :thup:

is the ticket office answering emails.

i'm on the long term rolling deal. i have my direct debit running for next season and not sure if i should stop it.

and i have about 7 man city fa cup tickets.

is the ticket office answering emails.

i'm on the long term rolling deal. i have my direct debit running for next season and not sure if i should stop it.

and i have about 7 man city fa cup tickets.

The box office is answering emails - just with a short delay as they are on very low staff levels.

Is there anywhere to see current season ticket prices?

This season’s from ‘The Mag’:

Unless you are in the family section (and ignoring Seating Category Three which is just a very small number of seats) the starting price for adult season tickets in the Leazes and Gallowgate (Seating Category Two) is £659 for adults.

So much for Newcastle fans low prices compared to most of the rest of the Premier League.

That works out at £34.68 per match and that is committing to paying for the full season.

As for those in the East Stand (Seatin gCategory One) you are looking at £811, which is £42.68 per match.

The 2019/20 season ticket prices (in brackets the 2018/19 prices):

Family Area

£417 (£397) Adult

£340 (£324) Student and Senior Citizen

£86 (£82) Under 18s

Seating Category Three

£600 (£571) Adult

£480 (£457) Student and Senior Citizen

£174 (£166) Under 18s

Seating Category Two

£659 (£628) Adult

£536 (£510) Student and Senior Citizen

£217 (£207) Under 18s

Seating Category One

£811 (£772) Adult

£667 (£635) Student and Senior Citizen

£327 (£311) Under 18s

Season ticket sorted for next season if it ever happens 👍

Mate from down south can’t get now, I can have it  :cool:  Happy lad today, dunno if i will get to use it mind for a while.He didn’t even want the money up front, result.

Season ticket sorted for next season if it ever happens 👍

Mate from down south can’t get now, I can have it  :cool:  Happy lad today, dunno if i will get to use it mind for a while.He didn’t even want the money up front, result.

In the words of Oz from Auf Pet you ‘Jammy Arab’. (Can we say that anymore now we have Saudi overlords?)

Is there anywhere to see current season ticket prices?

Seating Category One

£667 (£635) Student

Can't remember them offering student STs everywhere in the ground? Thought it was only in the corner above the ambulance exit between the Milburn and Leazes. That price will save me around £150 if I can get mine back but it's still a joke given this season like.

Question for anybody on here who kept their season ticket last year - would you be annoyed if those who cancelled were allowed first dibs ahead of the free ticket lot? Not that I think we will be allowed first dibs - but the consensus I get online is that it would annoy many who stayed if people are allowed back/their points back.

Can't be arsed with a divided fanbase and those who 'supported the team not the regime' telling me I'm a shit fan for the next 10 years.

Still can't believe if I held on another 9 fucking months I'd have still had 4 tickets together with about 450points ffs :lol:

Question for anybody on here who kept their season ticket last year - would you be annoyed if those who cancelled were allowed first dibs ahead of the free ticket lot? Not that I think we will be allowed first dibs - but the consensus I get online is that it would annoy many who stayed if people are allowed back/their points back.

Can't be arsed with a divided fanbase and those who 'supported the team not the regime' telling me I'm a s*** fan for the next 10 years.

Still can't believe if I held on another 9 f***ing months I'd have still had 4 tickets together with about 450points ffs :lol:

Aye, but if you (and thousands more like you) didn't pack up we'll never know if Ashley would've stayed forever in a day.

Difficult thing, to be rewarded for staying under Ashley and penalised for walking away.

Not sure how they could do it mind. What if you didn't cancel as a protest but you just didn't fancy it, do you get first dibs then?

In general it's a bit unfair that existing season ticket holders get preference at all really, it's not like they're automatically better fans.

I’m in the same boat mate, cancelled mine end of last season and thought we’d be stuck with Ashley forever. :lol:

Takeover still hasn’t been announced yet so don’t want to tempt fate but I’ll be looking at getting my ticket back if it happens.

The free ticket lot can f*ck off being given first dibs on season tickets imo. Only fair way is general sale. First come, first served.

Difficult thing, to be rewarded for staying under Ashley and penalised for walking away.

Not sure how they could do it mind. What if you didn't cancel as a protest but you just didn't fancy it, do you get first dibs then?

In general it's a bit unfair that existing season ticket holders get preference at all really, it's not like they're automatically better fans.

Well yeah exactly. I don't expect points back (although it would be nice) but I'm not sure if the new owners will see it as a quick PR win or whether it'll just be general sale. I'd assume the latter, which will be a fucking nightmare during lockdown. Phones will be off the hook, and the shite site will just crash.

I’m in the same boat mate, cancelled mine end of last season and thought we’d be stuck with Ashley forever. :lol:

Takeover still hasn’t been announced yet so don’t want to tempt fate but I’ll be looking at getting my ticket back if it happens.

The free ticket lot can f*ck off being given first dibs on season tickets imo. Only fair way is general sale. First come, first served.

Yeah the free ticket lot shouldn't be allowed to renew if you ask me, but I am bias I suppose.

I don't think I'd i'd have an overly strong opinion either way. I did get a couple of the free ones that have been used by various different mates, rather than the same ones, so I don't think they would be getting renewed if that was an option.

To be honest, it's kind of hard to make a case for people being rewarded for taking up something that was free, ahead of people who could potentially have spent fortunes following the team in the past.

I'd like to see them hold around 5000 back for box office sales only collected.I remember the days of getting up early to head for the ticket office and the joy of getting that ticket in ya hand was brilliant. Bring back those days, took dedication it did . :lol:

I’d be amazed if there’s any first dibs to anyone. Just hoy all the spares on general sale and first come first serve.

Me too - but I know that the trust (and maybe Wor Flags) are going to be bringing it up if and when any new owners contact them. Not sure if Staveley will see it as a PR win or what to be honest.

I'm just fucking desperate for a ticket for me and the boy. If I can get that, whether my old ones back or on general sale, I'll be a happy man. Killed me getting rid of his ticket more than my points etc.

Those that cancelled season tickets likely played massively into Ashley’s decision to finally sell. They should be allowed back instead of the free tickets lot.