Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Wouldn't make a difference who gets it imho

I was going to keep mine if we had gotten a half decent head coach in like. Seems almost daft to get rid of it after all these years of Pardew but they've finally warn me down to the point where I don't care enough anymore to keep it regardless of what may (not) happen in the summer.

In the 0.1% chance they appoint de Boer (or ilk) and drop £50m net on players I'd just buy one for the extra however much it is. It's not so much the price that's important to me it's what it does and doesn't fund.

Fair enough man, think you'll be the exception myself though. It's definitely not easy, I'm in the opposite situation, I've literally wanted one my entire life, I finally move here in the Ashley era, fucking grim. But I don't want to fund him, so thats the only option

:thup:

Same position as you was too young and poor during the good days and now we are lumped with Ashley.

I think about what we should be everyday man.

I stopped my payments this time last year and it felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders, I've took my 10 year old son who is just getting into football a couple of times this season and the atmosphere is non existent.

the whole club needs a good purging that only a relagation can do.

I stopped my payments this time last year and it felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders, I've took my 10 year old son who is just getting into football a couple of times this season and the atmosphere is non existent.

the whole club needs a good purging that only a relagation can do.

Relegation changed nothing last time.

We need Ashley gone but of course without a buyer that's impossible.

It will get rid of the premier league only wonga fans and with it being back some sort of atmosphere. I need Ashley out of here so I can support my team again and I can't see him paying another £30 million out of his own pocket if we go down again.

It will get rid of the premier league only wonga fans and with it being back some sort of atmosphere. I need Ashley out of here so I can support my team again and I can't see him paying another £30 million out of his own pocket if we go down again.

He can cover that with the profit we will book.

I doubt it, he says we have wipe our own nose

I doubt it, he says we have wipe our own nose

It's looking like we will report a 50 million profit this year man.

That plus any sales will cover the cost of relegation quite easily.

Just sent my email to the club confirming that we're not renewing. Came very close to doing it for the last 2 seasons but there was something that couldn't quite bring me to do it. This year though there is absolutely no doubt in my mind, it doesn't even bother me in the slightest and that in itself is pretty upsetting considering how much I used to care. Hopefully Ashley will be gone in a couple of years and we get an owner who actually cares, if that happens I might start caring again too.

Not had one since the club was relegated with Ashley.  I went back during the championship, paying on the door.  Ive been back the odd time in the prem but im not signing up for anything long term.  im not having the piss taken out of me.

Its a lot of money to hand over to someone who tells you their product is inferior and dont expect anything exciting to happen.  Like being given an action man with no arms.

As Dave said, the club are just laughing at those people who are renewing. It's too easy for them. They know now that they can make as many awful, malicious decisions as they like- in the process taking this club nowhere- and people will still throw money at them.

As Dave said, the club are just laughing at those people who are renewing. It's too easy for them. They know now that they can make as many awful, malicious decisions as they like- in the process taking this club nowhere- and people will still throw money at them.

I see more and more the argument that "the ST money makes no difference to Ashley because of the TV cash, so I'm still going" which makes me laugh every time.

"This new iPhone is shite. I'm getting mine next week"

"Why are you getting it if you hate it?"

"Apple are loaded man, what difference would not getting it make?"

"Are you mentally ill?"

Guest firetotheworks

Basically, people are thick and it's due to the selfishness and individualistic ideals of society (not to get too pretentious)

I used to work with a lass who was vegetarian and wouldn't buy this that and the other and wouldn't buy Nestle products because of reasons which are totally fair enough...

...that is unless her dad bought Toffee Crisps for her and then it's 'not her money'...she couldn't understand why this was an absolutely brain dead idea even when I spelled it out to her. It's the same thing, far too many people excuse themselves from their own supposed morals for their own personal gain.

I am toying with the idea of cancelling and just not telling the Wife, so that I still go out on a Saturday but rock up home twice as drunk as won't have 2 hours to sober up.

In all honesty I have had my ticket for 24 years and have seen a lot of shit, contemplated giving it up so many times and didn't want to lose my seat as it's a good view. Also being that I have sat with my Dad there for that long.

He is throwing his in and I am seriously considering mine, the but in this is that I enjoy the build up - the going for a few pints with my mates and discussing the games / general football, the going to the game. What I don't enjoy is the 90 minutes of absolute dogshit served up after that and the idiots that sit around me that cannot see Pardew was at fault, finding anyway to blame the players / something else.

I can understand why some people don't give up their ticket and maybe don't feel as strong as others, I am struggling to give it up despite threatening so often and most of it is simply around the build up, post match, getting out for a drink and blind hope that it will get better.

I see more and more the argument that "the ST money makes no difference to Ashley because of the TV cash, so I'm still going" which makes me laugh every time.

"This new iPhone is shite. I'm getting mine next week"

"Are you mentally ill?"

That analogy doesn't work if many in fact don't hate the routine of going to the match. Then it's a toss up between those that entertain the idea that by withholding money and not going to games temporarily may change the direction of the club for the better, and those that see that fundamentally changing the terms of their support would probably make little (if any) impact on the plan Charnley & co are trying to implement.

Can understand why it riles those who've raised the banner behind mass walkouts, but it's not that mad an opinion whichever side you fall.

Guest firetotheworks

If people want to go thats fine, but there is no justification in  "it wont make a difference"

Exactly, it's schoolboy logic of 'one man can't make a difference' and ignoring the fact that it's only because everyone is telling themselves that.

"This new iPhone is s****. I'm getting mine next week"

"Are you mentally ill?"

Saw people making the comparison on twitter last night that watching it on sky was doing the same damage. Aye.

Aye, some lad NUFCThreatLevel I think? Unbelievable. 'What difference does £25m make?'. A lot. And also, it's the principle of it, man. Have a bit of dignity. For me, supporting this club is, for now, walking away. Funding it is supporting our mediocre existence, and as people I don't know how our fans can accept that.

Good analogy, Wullie, btw.

It's fairly creepy the level of interest people have in the choices of strangers. The temptation to cancel is growing tbf, but as long as I continue to gain some enjoyment from the match day experience, I couldn't really care less if I'm adjudged to be 'being laughed at'.

When people say they go to 'support the team', my idea of supporting the team is creating an atmosphere that makes it hard for the opposition and inspires our players. However, all it is nowadays is people sitting glum-faced accepting what is served up. There is no atmosphere anymore, people don't even kick off when things are dire....there is no 'support', just a muted crowd. I don't get it, personally.

Guest firetotheworks

It's fairly creepy the level of interest people have in the choices of strangers. The temptation to cancel is growing tbf, but as long as I continue to gain some enjoyment from the match day experience, I couldn't really care less if I'm adjudged to be 'being laughed at'.

The interests in having a unified, uncontradictory, unexcused voice based on everyone's disdain for Ashley and the way the club is run is not creepy, it's completely reasonable. No one's surprised by you specifically though, superfan over here.

I'm not going to criticise anyone for keeping their ticket. Annoyed me the last couple of years when I've renewed and I've seen posts on here calling people who renew idiots etc. It's everyone's personal choice ffs, everyone has different reasons for renewing / not renewing and it's wrong to criticise anyone for that.

Guest firetotheworks

While I agree to an extent, I think it's absolutely fair game to criticise those that go yet still continue to whinge to high heavens about the way in which the club is run or the way in which Mike Ashley treats them.

EDIT: and FWIW I hold our own fans largely accountable for our last loss to Sunderland under Pardew, having had the opportunity to make a stand against him and instead backing him and effectively asking for more of the same, which they duly got.