Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Thing is, it's nice to have your own seat and that but hasn't Happy Face shown that it isn't even cheaper than buying tickets individually? Doing so gives loads of flexibility without any of the drawbacks.

I cancelled my season ticket last week.  Sad times but it's a waste of money.

I just feel I am wasting my weekend - haven't enjoyed going for a while now.  The current plan is to cancel - the club have two weeks to change my mind.

Mate, as long as Ashley's here it will never change. Even if we sign Garde, the intentions MA has for us will remain. As long as he stays we will never go anywhere- we may finish in a Europa League spot again (which would be amazing) but we will not consolidate upon it, as it would be viewed as a failure. I would encourage everyone not to renew.

All I want is to watch some half decent football, win, loose or draw.  Am hoping a decent coach will at least give us that.

Anyone who renews is completely delusional. Will only contribute to the clubs demise further.

You comfy up there on your high horse? :lol:

I struggle to see how that is being on my high horse.

I cancelled mine half way through last season, I had seen enough. That doesn't make me any better than anyone else, but for goodness sake why would you support this? No doubt you'll scoff at people buying the latest Wonga shirts in the club shop, pies and pints in Shearer's (Nine, whatever). Well, buying tickets is just as bad.

Anyone who renews is completely delusional. Will only contribute to the clubs demise further.

Exactly this.

As long as 50k buy season tickets based on Ashley not wanting to qualify for Europe or win a cup, then it will continue.

Thing is, it's nice to have your own seat and that but hasn't Happy Face shown that it isn't even cheaper than buying tickets individually? Doing so gives loads of flexibility without any of the drawbacks.

Maybe not now, but in a decades time it may well be if you're on the 13 year price freeze.

Guest Roger Kint

Maybe not now, but in a decades time it may well be if you're on the 13 year price freeze.

:lol: the idea that we have any future worth wasting another 10 years of your life on under Ashley.

Guest Roger Kint

:laugh:

To the outsider it looks like a great deal, in reality it's so cynical it's untrue.

:sweetjesus:

10 years of supporting Ashleys vision of merely existing at a reduced price to what i might have to pay if i stood up for the club i claim to love

They don't and won't need to do anything, plenty will renew regardless of what happens.

....which is why the club will always be crap - any owner knows that the idi - I mean, fans, will accept any rubbish put in front of them and any humiliation dished out from Wearside.

I wish I hadn't given mine up last year as I would like to give it up now.  :lol:

Same, aside from that it was the best thing I've done. That love that was there when I was a kid has just gone completely, I got a free ticket for the Southampton game on Saturday gone and it was just hell. The crowd was dead and I wasn't even arsed when we scored. Left ten minutes early and went for a pint. Load of absolute shite, I don't get what's worth going for, shit atmosphere, no enjoyment or excitement and no passion on or off the pitch. If Sunderland went down a lot wouldn't renew, most I know renew for the loyalty points so they can go to Sunderland away - which is shite anyways.

Guest Roger Kint

People renewing if Carver is appointed until the end of the season?

Bet 90%+ will, they would renew if we sold they entire side though sadly

Wouldn't make a difference who gets it imho

I was going to keep mine if we had gotten a half decent head coach in like. Seems almost daft to get rid of it after all these years of Pardew but they've finally warn me down to the point where I don't care enough anymore to keep it regardless of what may (not) happen in the summer.

In the 0.1% chance they appoint de Boer (or ilk) and drop £50m net on players I'd just buy one for the extra however much it is. It's not so much the price that's important to me it's what it does and doesn't fund.

I was going to keep mine if we had gotten a half decent head coach in like. Seems almost daft to get rid of it after all these years of Pardew but they've finally warn me down to the point where I don't care enough anymore to keep it regardless of what may (not) happen in the summer.

In the 0.1% chance they appoint de Boer (or ilk) and drop £50m net on players I'd just buy one for the extra however much it is. It's not so much the price that's important to me it's what it does and doesn't fund.

Was expecting you to plod on through to be honest, I really am surprised you're packing it in.

More power to you.

Was expecting you to plod on through to be honest, I really am surprised you're packing it in.

More power to you.

It'll be a wrench not being there if/when we pick up the odd decent result but they've done most things in their power to make going to the match as about as unpleasurable as it could possibly be these days although there are few better places on Earth when the place is rocking despite all this. In retrospect I should've packed it in this season but I'm a daft fool.

More power to you.

It'll be a wrench not being there if/when we pick up the odd decent result but they've done most things in their power to make going to the match as about as unpleasurable as it could possibly be these days although there are few better places on Earth when the place is rocking despite all this. In retrospect I should've packed it in this season but I'm a daft fool.

Wouldn't ever call you a daft fool to be honest.

Always felt your attitude was particularly stoic and more down to a refusal to have your passion taken away from hence my surprise.