Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Surprised I've not had a single communication asking me to change my mind. Unsurprisingly poor marketing.

I've had nowt at all, yet my lad and a friend who cancelled on the same day as me both received a letter from the club noting their direct debits had been cancelled.

Obviously they don't give a shit if I go back or not. :lol:

Friend at work managed to get his 2 DD payments returned today. The money was back in his a/c within minutes.

So those hesitating do it!

This.

Phoned my bank yesterday, gave them the direct debit reference and told them I wanted the payments back for April and March. Got one straight away and a text today to say that the other payment had gone through.

Piece of p*ss.

:giggs:

Did you inform the club first that you were cancelling?

Great PR move by the next owner is to re-instate loyalty points of those who left during the Ashley era. People would come straight back.

Ashley's probably deleted them and gleefully emptied the recycling bin. Vindictive cunt.

Friend at work managed to get his 2 DD payments returned today. The money was back in his a/c within minutes.

This.

Phoned my bank yesterday, gave them the direct debit reference and told them I wanted the payments back for April and March. Got one straight away and a text today to say that the other payment had gone through.

Piece of p*ss.

Going to give this a go....did they not ask why you want it back? Always just assumed they would quiz me.

Has it always been the case you lose all loyalty points if you don't renew your season ticket for a season, or is that an Ashley addition?  Considering I've build up over 100 points watching s*** I'd be f***ed off if we actually get to a final in the next few decades and I can't get a ticket because they finally broke me back in in 2015 and it reset to zero.

We were in the ten year deal and were supposed to tell them by the end of January if we weren't renewing. It was on 2 February 2014 after Cabaye wasn't replaced that we sent in a letter (backdated a few days) cancelling. They never queried it.

Personally, I would think it much better to stick the season ticket money in an ISA every year, attend the odd game that you want to by paying on the day (this should be much easier going forward), and then use the savings to buy a ticket from an agent or a tout should we ever get to a final.

I'm sure you'd have spare change, paticularly with Ashley's policy in the cups.

Surprised I've not had a single communication asking me to change my mind. Unsurprisingly poor marketing.

Never heard owt from them either which I'm amazed at considering the hard sell and the bombardment of emails I've received punting tickets for the last few home games. Wor lass who's a Mackem for her sins packed in her season ticket 2 seasons ago when our son was born and she got a nice letter thanking her for her support during the previous seasons (she'd had her season ticket over 15 years) and they'd enclosed a voucher for a free ticket to their first home game of the season which happened to be against Liverpool. Obviously it was meant as a bit of a taster to get her to renew but I thought it was still a canny gesture and because she didn't end up using the voucher they sent her another one for another game later in the season. They still send her the legion of light magazine as well which is posted out to their season ticket holders every couple of months. Being petty as I am if I'm in when it gets delivered it goes straight in the bin.

This.

Piece of p*ss.

This.

Piece of p*ss.

No, just cancelled the direct debit.

Guest neesy111

Quite surprised it's so easy to get the money back, I mean you agreed to the DD in the first place.

It's needed though Ian, otherwise companies have direct access to your money which they could take out unwillingly.

This.

Piece of p*ss.

No, just cancelled the direct debit.

Ta…think I'll do the same.

If you've still got a season ticket, the question has to by, why ? Seems like the appointment will be Carver or McLaren or both. What have you really got to look forward to with either of them in charge ? And why do you keep supporting the regime ?

Since I live 5,000 miles or something away now, I gave up my season ticket a long time ago, but no way in hell if I still lived back home would I contemplate signing up for another season with that management structure in place.

If you've still got a season ticket, the question has to by, why ? Seems like the appointment will be Carver or McLaren or both. What have you really got to look forward to with either of them in charge ? And why do you keep supporting the regime ?

Since I live 5,000 miles or something away now, I gave up my season ticket a long time ago, but no way in hell if I still lived back home would I contemplate signing up for another season with that management structure in place.

I ask myself that question daily... :idiot2:

Honestly don't know what people are getting out of it. It's certainly not entertainment or the thrill of it. I can understand the social side of it but you could do that without going to the actual game.

Meh, each to their own but throwing money at Ashley for the privilege of being bored and abused doesn't sound like a great deal to me. 

Quite surprised it's so easy to get the money back, I mean you agreed to the DD in the first place.

It's needed though Ian, otherwise companies have direct access to your money which they could take out unwillingly.

I know you should be able to cancel DD if you decide to break the agreement, I just meant it was strange that you could get money you'd already agreed to pay back so easily. Good for fans obviously.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a letter in the post this morning from them saying their records indicate that I haven't yet renewed my season ticket but if I want to I have until 19th June to do so. Goes on to say the 2015/16 season promises so much under McClaren and admittedly last season was a waste of everyone's time, or disappointing as they put it. Mentions them wanting to finish top 8 and that they're going to give the cups a real go. Also says they're working really hard to strengthen the team and that they're confident of delivering exciting, attacking football.

It's in the recycle bin now like.

We got letters this morning too. May put the prepaid envelope to good use and outline all the reasons exactly why we cancelled and aren't renewing.

:thup:

Almost like all the rumours of the last 3-4 days have been part of a wider strategy.

If they aren't talking bollocks for once and mean to strengthen they need to do so sharpish if they don't want to lose more season ticket holders. They will probably fanny about as usual though and end up with 3rd and 4th choices.