The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Hazard has been outstanding today, Ben Arfa should be given that sort of role in our side but he's surrounded by s*** players around him.

:facepalm:

Ben Arfa has less than half of Hazard's ability.

That's not true whatsoever, he might not have the same drive, confidence and workrate, but he clearly doesn't have less than his footballing abilities ffs.

I don't agree. Hazard's on a totally different level, you can guarantee him to produce the goods in the final third, even with he's tasked with a deeper, more workmanlike role.

Has Wenger ever beaten Mourinho?

No but in the league Mourinho has only beaten him twice there has been a lot of draws.

None the less, its not like who ever wins that game would win the league.

As always its about who is the most consistent, Chelsea can beat Arsenal but it won't mean shit if they drop points against crap teams.

Hazard has been outstanding today, Ben Arfa should be given that sort of role in our side but he's surrounded by s*** players around him.

:facepalm:

Ben Arfa has less than half of Hazard's ability.

That's not true whatsoever, he might not have the same drive, confidence and workrate, but he clearly doesn't have less than his footballing abilities ffs.

can't agree, HBA has a lot of natural talent but Hazard has a hell of a lot more imho

can't agree, HBA has a lot of natural talent but Hazard has a hell of a lot more imho

Course he does. Not surprised to be hearing such guff on here, mind. More talent than Rooney and capable of being the best player in the league under Keegan if you'd believe some.

I have to say I don't think Silva has been a consistently good player for two years. Its not even what Neville was saying about letting the full back go up, its that he rarely creates chances anymore. He was anonymous tonight and has been most times I've seen them this season

Matic is a big b******. Beast.

The only player who really impressed me when we played Benfica last season, oozes class IMO.

Yea, he's a class above. Not even Moutinho played at his level in the portuguese league.

Lazar Markovic will be a Chelsea player in a couple of years as well. Unfortunately. Another serbian with the potential to be worldclass.

I have to say I don't think Silva has been a consistently good player for two years. Its not even what Neville was saying about letting the full back go up, its that he rarely creates chances anymore. He was anonymous tonight and has been most times I've seen them this season

You can't have seen him much this season then, he's been great every time he's played this season before tonight.

His problem is he's been injured a lot but he's been great this season when he's actually been on the pitch.

No doubt he was poor tonight, but that hasn't been the case for the majority of this season.

You can't have seen him much this season then, he's been great every time he's played this season before tonight.

His problem is he's been injured a lot but he's been great this season when he's actually been on the pitch.

No doubt he was poor tonight, but that hasn't been the case for the majority of this season.

Only the televised games really I've seen him. Didn't see the game against Tottenham though which he was probably very good in. I thought he was a bit too happy to give the responsibility of creating chances to others tonight anyway

I think Silva's had a great season overall. Been in and out with injuries/suspension etc, but been instrumental when on - albeit with less media fanfare around him.

:thup:

I think the fanfare being lower is more due to his hype dying down after having an indifferent 18 months.

I think HBA would be as good or not far off Hazard in the right set up. I really do, but it's an opinion which can easily be mocked - which I begrudgingly accept. :lol:

It feels like HBA has been here a depressingly long time without getting a run of games in the side at RM. And even then I do genuinely believe he is handicapped by Pardew, our ever-changing "tactics" and our lack of other creative outlets/movement. You look at his passing second half Norwich, and some of the chances he creates which poor players like Cisse and Ameobi can't do anything with, and you wonder what could be. I suspect I'll never have more than conjecture to support my opinion, but I really think he could be a full-on consistently devastating badass somewhere else.

I think HBA would be as good or not far off Hazard in the right set up. I really do, but it's an opinion which can easily be mocked - which I begrudgingly accept. :lol:

It feels like HBA has been here a depressingly long time without getting a run of games in the side at RM. And even then I do genuinely believe he is handicapped by Pardew, our ever-changing "tactics" and our lack of other creative outlets/movement. You look at his passing second half Norwich, and some of the chances he creates which poor players like Cisse and Ameobi can't do anything with, and you wonder what could be. I suspect I'll never have more than conjecture to support my opinion, but I really think he could be a full-on consistently devastating badass somewhere else.

Completely disagree.

It comes down to the player at the end of the day, Ben Arfa clearly hasn't got the right attitude or mentality to ever be as good as someone like Hazard.

Hazard is currently one of the best players in the world and Ben Arfa isn't even close to been good enough for a top 4 side.

If what you are saying has any truth, you would not find him in a nufc squad sheet already.

He'll go the way of Laurent Robert - we'll get some good goals out of him but his attitude means we'll see him fall away when he does leave.

HBA is far closer to Adel Taarabt than Eden Hazard. Fantastic dribbler, yet selfish with frustratingly little end product.

I think reality will probably see him closer to Taraabt than Hazard, but that he could have been Hazard-calibre had he made a different career move than our ship of the damned a few years ago :lol:

I think reality will probably see him closer to Taraabt than Hazard, but that he could have been Hazard-calibre had he made a different career move than our ship of the damned a few years ago :lol:

Quite possibly true!

Anyway, I hope the majority of comments in here have been praising the tactical god that is Mourinho?

Hazard's intelligence and willingness to use his vision is what sets him apart from HBA. Ben Arfa could be nearly as good (IMO) if he had a better mentality/more of a brain. Hazard is generally great at knowing when to run, pass etc. Quite an unselfish player considering how much talent he has.