The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Depends what you value. 12th and playing s*** football, 16th and playing very good football.

Either way he kept them up while progressing their play, developing as a manager and ultimately when it was too much to keep them up he won them the FA Cup, an extraordinary achievement you seem to be glossing over.

I was pleased we got him but no, I didn't assume he'd work out well. But it was clear even in those 3 frustrating draws at the start of the season, he was trying to change something long-term. He has an idea about where he wants us to go and how he intends to do it, and that was evident at Wigan too.

I never thought he was a bad manager or anything but I think its just strange that people are calling other people idiots for thinking that somebody who never got his team to even be midtable wasn't automatically going to be an outstanding manager

I do agree with you on that. It's utterly tenuous.

Martinez has done well to improve on the ridiculously solid foundations laid for him by Moyes is my taking of it tbh, its not like the football under Moyes in recent years was anywhere approaching bad and more often than not its been good so while its better to watch now its not a huge difference at least to me as an outside viewer of Everton. The signing of Lukaku was obviously the key move and if it helps them into the champions league its more than worth the short term thinking of such a loan as he is the one sort of player that Everton have lacked for the last few years under Moyes.

Pretty good example of why Liverpool are in a title push. Basically every game they haven't controlled this season Gerrard has sent in a great ball that Suarez or Sturridge bury.

They're excellent on the counter.

Pretty good example of why Liverpool are in a title push. Basically every game they haven't controlled this season Gerrard has sent in a great ball that Suarez or Sturridge bury.

yup even when they're playing shite and the defense is shooting itself in the foot there's always the outlet in the pace of sturridge or the ridiculous ability of suarez.