The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Spurs play much better football under Sherwood, even if the results haven't been enough of an improvement.

Only against the poor sides, where the players' class tells. Against decent managers he gets completely out-thought. It happened against, for example, Palace and Southampton, where they both could have had the games won by halftime but we clawed our way back.

Do you not think he approaches the games in quite a positive way, though? He's obviously tactically naïve but at least he not stifling the players with pragmatism. I've really enjoyed watching Spurs since he took over.

I think it's different to put out an attacking team on the paper and making your team attack probably. It feels like he wants his team to play offensively, but he just looks way out of his depth.

I mean they've only scored more than one goal in a game 4 times in the PL this year (2014). That was against us, Sunderland, a rattled Swansea side and then the good win the other week against Soton. I think they would've been better off with AVB.

They couldn't score goals under AVB, though. Even against crap.

True, but heard that they were 6p off 4th when he got sacked and now they're more than that no? (at least if Everton wins I think).

7 points if Everton win, but that's over a full season almost.

"If you look at the Premier League managers, my record is second to none".

Hmmmm.

Didn't he mean his Spurs Premier League record compared to other Spurs managers?

He said PL managers first, then said Spurs managers.

AVB was sacked for more than just performances on the pitch - there were clearly bigger issues in the way he handled the squad behind the scenes. Levy makes some ballsy decisions, and some misguided ones, but he clearly didn't have someone proper lined up and if that was the case then there was obviously something else concerning him.

In a weird way I admire Sherwood for having the balls to put himself out there. I mean, it's a hard job, and he wasn't ever going to be ready for it, but he's actually done all right considering. I mean, Flip brings up the games this year, but the only teams he's lost to in the Prem have been Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool...and Norwich. He came in at a fairly horrible time, not having worked with the players at all, and did OK. We've now got West Brom, Fulham, Stoke, West Ham, and Villa, and we're capable of winning all five. Also, for all the stick he's had for persisting with players like Bentaleb (and Kane), he's now given a handful of kids some real experience too.

AVB was sacked for more than just performances on the pitch - there were clearly bigger issues in the way he handled the squad behind the scenes. Levy makes some ballsy decisions, and some misguided ones, but he clearly didn't have someone proper lined up and if that was the case then there was obviously something else concerning him.

In a weird way I admire Sherwood for having the balls to put himself out there. I mean, it's a hard job, and he wasn't ever going to be ready for it, but he's actually done all right considering. I mean, Flip brings up the games this year, but the only teams he's lost to in the Prem have been Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool...and Norwich. He came in at a fairly horrible time, not having worked with the players at all, and did OK. We've now got West Brom, Fulham, Stoke, West Ham, and Villa, and we're capable of winning all five. Also, for all the stick he's had for persisting with players like Bentaleb (and Kane), he's now given a handful of kids some real experience too.

Fair enough you follow them more than me and I've only watched those games you've lost basically a part from the one against Sunderland. I've not been impressed however, and for me it has looked like the worst Spurs side in couple of years.

Can't believe that Eriksen is younger than, for example, Paul Dummett.

That's what happens when, as you said yourself, an intelligent (football wise) lad gets first team experience playing every week for a technically brilliant team. For the lack of quality Ajax have, having seen them play live the style of play and vision behind some of the passing is absolutely quality. It makes us look like complete s***

To be fair to Poyet, he nearly always talks sense with no crap cliches. More often than not it's the complete opposite to the drivel that comes out of Pardew's mouth.

Still wish we'd got him in the summer when it was rumoured.

:thup:

Can't believe that Eriksen is younger than, for example, Paul Dummett.

I know, i have a similar perception i can't believe that my daughter is a better fullback than, for example Paul Dummett