The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Fabregas upfront :lol: Barca are dickheads sometimes

He's not playing up top though. He's playing centrally. A lot of movement up front, no fixed place for anyone at the moment.

So far so good for Manchester United.

Pretty sure they still go out if it stays like this...

Of course they will. It's in the rules. Away goals. :lol:

Top class punditry man :lol:

:p

Simeone is the manager Pardew wishes he was. Atletico's combination of defensive organisation and transitional, attractive attacking play is absolutely first rate. Great team to watch.

Bayern boring as f*** as usual. They have had loads of chances to attack at pace with space ahead of them but have decided to pass it backwards instead. Robben is their only attacking player that will try anything risky

They're qualifying at the moment with this result, how exactly are they boring?

What do you mean how exactly are they boring, am I supposed to be enthralled by Boateng and Dante endlessly passing the ball to each other. Heynches' Bayern would be destroying Man Utd

Bayern boring as f*** as usual. They have had loads of chances to attack at pace with space ahead of them but have decided to pass it backwards instead. Robben is their only attacking player that will try anything risky

They're qualifying at the moment with this result, how exactly are they boring?

What do you mean how exactly are they boring, am I supposed to be enthralled by Boateng and Dante endlessly passing the ball to each other. Heynches' Bayern would be destroying Man Utd

I've only watched small bits, seen Robben and Gotze drive the ball forward plenty. No point in risking it when they're the team with the results in their favour at the moment.

Simeone is the manager Pardew wishes he was. Atletico's combination of defensive organisation and transitional, attractive attacking play is absolutely first rate. Great team to watch.

:thup:

Also dirty as fuck. I'd love to have a team like that, but also detest to play them. So dirty and aggressive. Webb has been lenient towards them.

I understand where triggs is coming from, I found last season Bayern much better to watch.

I'm actually more astonished by the fact he's asking them to attack and risk it when it's Man U that has to risk it at some point.

Whitby leading Kings Lynn Town 1-0 at half time. I left because I was too cold, but it was high-energy stuff.

Now I know where all your knowledge comes from. You're watching Whitby instead of CL football.

I understand where triggs is coming from, I found last season Bayern much better to watch.

I'm actually more astonished by the fact he's asking them to attack and risk it when it's Man U that has to risk it at some point.

Where did I say that? I said they were boring which they are. Well against decent teams in Europe they are anyway.

Where did I say that? I said they were boring which they are. Well against decent teams in Europe they are anyway.

Robben is their only attacking player that will try anything risky

Definitely missing something with this Man Utd are playing well crack. They need a goal but haven't managed a shot on target. Excuse me while I don't w*** myself daft over that...

The one area where Bayern definitely look weaker compared to last year under Heynckes is in set pieces, particularly corners. Last year they were one of the best sides I've ever seen at attacking corners, all of their players in the box moving in unison, most of them big and good in the air, attacking in numbers the prime zones where a well placed corner can get whipped into - very difficult to mark as there was multiple threats. This year under Pep practically every corner is whipped into the middle and there's only one person there at most. To me that's a visible flaw in Pep's approach to the game.

Sod's law says they'll probably score from a corner.

Robben is their only attacking player that will try anything risky

That was a statement, not a plea for them to be more attacking. This judgement isn't beard on just this game either, its based on the first leg and the two Arsenal games where they were also boring in the first leg until the keeper got sent off