The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Guest bimpy474

Dowd is corrupt.

Ner. Ref was spot on. The guy f***ed up and tried to make up for it by pulling him back.

It was about 5 yards outside the box.

You can give a penalty if the pull carries on into the box, but you can't go back after the striker has gone around the GK, to cross it. The advantage was over. It was either give the free kick immediately, give the penalty if you felt it carried on into the box.

The length of time on the advantage was ridiculous, if you go back to the foul.

How so? Thought the free-kick or pen is always given at the first point of contact.

It's part of the rules of the game (refeering), you're told to give free kick for shirt pulling/holding immediately, but it's added that if a pull starts outside the box and continues into the box then you can give a penalty.

The two conflict imo, but they're the rules and as a ref you judge them in your opinion in any given incident.

If it was a tackle outside the box leading to the player falling inside it, that would be a free-kick? I can't understand the logic that an offence can happen outside the box and not be called, but when it happens inside, it's valid.

No not a tackle, a free kick is given where the tackle contact is. It's only pulling and holding that can carry on into the box. I completely disagree with the ruling but it's there as much as i hate it.

Dowd is corrupt.

Ner. Ref was spot on. The guy f***ed up and tried to make up for it by pulling him back.

It was about 5 yards outside the box.

You can give a penalty if the pull carries on into the box, but you can't go back after the striker has gone around the GK, to cross it. The advantage was over. It was either give the free kick immediately, give the penalty if you felt it carried on into the box.

The length of time on the advantage was ridiculous, if you go back to the foul.

How so? Thought the free-kick or pen is always given at the first point of contact.

Wrong

No not a tackle, a free kick is given where the tackle contact is. It's only pulling and holding that can carry on into the box. I completely disagree with the ruling but it's there as much as i hate it.

Just one of those weird rules that doesn't make much sense then.

Wrong

Thanks for the lengthy explanation. :lol:

This is going to be a horrible day of football  :(

Sunderland winning and Liverpool is going to beat Chelski aswell and win the PL. Awful!

At least things should improve tomorrow :)

Guest bimpy474

Just one of those weird rules that doesn't make much sense then.

Wrong

Thanks for the lengthy explanation. :lol:

:lol:

Plenty of other weird ones like.

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC  1m

Confirmed #LFC team v @chelseafc: Mignolet, Johnson, Flanagan, Skrtel, Sakho, Gerrard, Allen, Lucas, Coutinho, Sterling, Suarez

More interested in what the Chelsea lineup would be.

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC  1m

Confirmed #LFC team v @chelseafc: Mignolet, Johnson, Flanagan, Skrtel, Sakho, Gerrard, Allen, Lucas, Coutinho, Sterling, Suarez

More interested in what the Chelsea lineup would be.

Aye, still not there, though.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Think that it has been the story of their season. Being shit most of the time but relying on the form of a few players to keep their heads out of the water . Bardsley, Ki, Johnson and now Wickham .

Think that it has been the story of their season. Being shit most of the time but relying on the form of a few players to keep their heads out of the water . Bardsley, Ki, Johnson and now Wickham .

Sounds familiar, can't quite place it though.