The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Specifically which players and when?

http://www.football-lineups.com/team/Southampton/FA_Premier_League_2013-2014/Stats/Injuries/

Much more than us, we have 2 first team regular's out atm, Tiote and Colo.

How is that much more Vs http://www.football-lineups.com/team/Newcastle_United/FA_Premier_League_2013-2014/Stats/Injuries/

Looks less to me..

Also I'm not talking total players missing players right over the season, I'm talking about having 4 or 5 players out all at the same time.  They might have had at one time, can't be bothered to read through the list and work it out, but I'd bet that at that time they weren't better than us like we aren't better than them right now.  As for only two players out, Gouffran isn't a starter?  Over the last few games we've had 4 first team regulars out through injury and suspension (Coloccini, Tiote, Gouffran and Remy) and one who would have played in their place (Cisse).

That table includes ever present Krul for 136 days, since he was injured tail end of last season. We've been extremely lucky with injuries this season tbh, only recently have we lost a few to key players.

Weird how West Brom didn't just submit 3-0 to their natural superiors like.

We beat them at home to be fair

Weird how West Brom didn't just submit 3-0 to their natural superiors like.

you mean like we did at St James?

http://i58.tinypic.com/hv9lco.jpg

Southampton boss Mauricio Pochettino: "We put in an amazing shift. We dominated the entire game from start to finish. We're very happy with the performance.

"The entire team always plays for each other. That's the Southampton way.

"It's very important we take it game by game. We focus on the next game ahead. Now we'll be focussing on the FA Cup game away at Sunderland which is an important match."

*sigh*

[/that's a jealous sigh at his sincerity in case that wasn't clear ;)]

Specifically which players and when?

http://www.football-lineups.com/team/Southampton/FA_Premier_League_2013-2014/Stats/Injuries/

Much more than us, we have 2 first team regular's out atm, Tiote and Colo.

How is that much more Vs http://www.football-lineups.com/team/Newcastle_United/FA_Premier_League_2013-2014/Stats/Injuries/

Looks less to me..

Also I'm not talking total players missing players right over the season, I'm talking about having 4 or 5 players out all at the same time.  They might have had at one time, can't be bothered to read through the list and work it out, but I'd bet that at that time they weren't better than us like we aren't better than them right now.  As for only two players out, Gouffran isn't a starter?  Over the last few games we've had 4 first team regulars out through injury and suspension (Coloccini, Tiote, Gouffran and Remy) and one who would have played in their place (Cisse).

That table includes ever present Krul for 136 days, since he was injured tail end of last season. We've been extremely lucky with injuries this season tbh, only recently have we lost a few to key players.

The Southampton table also includes injuries that didn't see the player miss a game.  Its pretty difficult to compare those tables really and beside the point I was trying to make about how well each side are doing currently.  Anyway not worth this length of discussion really so I'll stop.

On another note, well done West Brom :D

Southampton boss Mauricio Pochettino: "We put in an amazing shift. We dominated the entire game from start to finish. We're very happy with the performance.

"The entire team always plays for each other. That's the Southampton way.

"It's very important we take it game by game. We focus on the next game ahead. Now we'll be focussing on the FA Cup game away at Sunderland which is an important match."

*sigh*

[/that's a jealous sigh at his sincerity in case that wasn't clear ;)]

IMPOSSIBRU!

btw am I right in saying that in West Brom's last 3 home games they have taken points off Everton, Liverpool & Chelsea? Not bad at all.

Pepe Mel is doing a good job, I reckon they'll stay up (despite having some tough fixtures remaining). Demonstrated tactical flexibility tonight and against Liverpool by abandoning the high line of defense, which really doesn't suit the slower players they have (Reid, Lugano, Olsson etc.).

Further proof that far superior managers to Pardew are out there and willing to work under tight budgetary constraints and (presumably) for not a huge amount in terms of salary, too. So frustrating.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes  1m

Tonight's match between Manchester City  and Sunderland has been postponed according to @MENSports. And @VincentKompany #MCFC #SAFC

Expand

:lol:

You guys can't handle weather can you?

Tonight's match between Manchester City  and Sunderland has been postponed according to @MENSports. And @VincentKompany #MCFC #SAFC

Expand

Pane of glaSS high in stand smashed, roads closed, power off. police and Fire staff on leave called in to manchester.

Expand

Pane of glaSS high in stand smashed, roads closed, power off. police and Fire staff on leave called in to manchester.

Thanks for answering my question. ;)

Expand

2 inches of slush and everybody crashes their cars and the roads just grind to a halt. Fucking place :lol:

Expand

Probably only sold about 20k tickets so called it off to save face.