The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Sorry Wullie but for me it seems that you're quick to put any blame on Pardew, while the players get away scot free.

Hopefully we'll buy a whole new squad in the summer then and keep your man, and we'll definitely batter them. :thup:

Guest neesy111

Sorry Wullie but for me it seems that you're quick to put any blame on Pardew, while the players get away scot free.

Hopefully we'll buy a whole new squad in the summer then and keep your man, and we'll definitely batter them. :thup:

So naive, I don't even like Pardew ffs.  Players have to take a huge responsibility for what happened in both derbies this season.

We should have replaced Cabaye with Sigs imo

Would be the perfect replacement.

- He can shoot and has an eye for a pass, is creative on the ball which we very obviously lack

- Gylfi is a lot more combative in midfield than most people perceive, works very hard off the ball

- Works best in a midfield three, maybe along with Anita and Tiote

- Can take a mean set piece. No one is even remotely able to strike a dead ball in this team

- He's young and has a lot to prove after a barren spell in Tottenham

- Shouldn't be very expensive, Spurs are packed with midfielders

Hope Spurs buy more midfielders this summer so we can get him on the cheap.

So naive, I don't even like Pardew ffs.  Players have to take a huge responsibility for what happened in both derbies this season.

Less than half of the team that got beat 3-0 last season played when we got beat 3-0 again this season. There were a few players in the 2-1 who didn't play in either.

How have we ended up with all these losers worse than sunderland's players? ???

Can't quite believe that we're still fifth despite being a bit of a mess without a proper manager.  Everton should be able to take fifth with their games in hand, but still. After next weekend's game at Anfield we've actually got a nice little run-in.

Can't quite believe that we're still fifth despite being a bit of a mess without a proper manager.  Everton should be able to take fifth with their games in hand, but still. After next weekend's game at Anfield we've actually got a nice little run-in.

Who do you think will be appointed next season? Pochettino, Van Gaal, Laudrup ...

Wullie - Neesy...we should have beaten Sunderland the last 3 times we played them; blame whoever you want - all to blame there. But regardless, we should have won the 2 this season and you can call it less gutless players or different manager. the same end result is we should have 6 more points and we should be higher than Man Utd.

Despite some of the shit we served up this season we should be higher up the table, thats the tragedy with this season. There was clearly an opportunity to kick on when other teams were weak and we didn't.

Who do you think will be appointed next season? Pochettino, Van Gaal, Laudrup ...

General feeling is that LVG is the most likely - if he wants it then it's pretty much a given. There's more talk about De Boer than the others you mentioned.

I dunno. The World Cup is not coming at the best of times, and that may well be a stumbling block. Van Gaal is not going to come without getting some real control, and Levy will have to work hard to reassure him that that will be the case. Blagging our way into the top four - which amazingly is still possible if Arsenal keep capitulating - would make a huge difference, obviously.

I don't see any clearer candidates among the younger managers.

Wullie - Neesy...we should have beaten Sunderland the last 3 times we played them; blame whoever you want - all to blame there. But regardless, we should have won the 2 this season and you can call it less gutless players or different manager. the same end result is we should have 6 more points and we should be higher than Man Utd.

Despite some of the shit we served up this season we should be higher up the table, thats the tragedy with this season. There was clearly an opportunity to kick on when other teams were weak and we didn't.

There we also a number of games this season we arguably should have lost on paper, but somehow won. Should we not factor those in to this virtual league table?

General feeling is that LVG is the most likely - if he wants it then it's pretty much a given. There's more talk about De Boer than the others you mentioned.

I dunno. The World Cup is not coming at the best of times, and that may well be a stumbling block. Van Gaal is not going to come without getting some real control, and Levy will have to work hard to reassure him that that will be the case. Blagging our way into the top four - which amazingly is still possible if Arsenal keep capitulating - would make a huge difference, obviously.

I'd rather have Laudrup than van Gaal. Detest that xeno-brazilian-phobic prick.

I'd rather have Laudrup than van Gaal. Detest that xeno-brazilian-phobic prick.

What's that last bit about? :lol: