The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

They were lucky they didn't drop points against the team bottom of the league.... they don't need to turn to shit, just lose ( or 1 loss and a draw) to teams which would be expected to beat them.

Just don't say i didn't warn you when Arsenal finish 4th as per usual.

Arsenal might just scrape 4th. If they don't Wenger's surely got to go.

Lord, imagine if he was sacked and didn't retire and wanted to stay in the PL. :anguish: and we of course kept AP on.

He's a class act in many ways but also is poor out wide against top teams and also is anything but direct. Can keep possession etc but just not able to bully defenses and pick out the killer passes enough and seems to slow down play sometimes. I think played behind a much nastier and killer front 3 than arsenal have he'd be able to pull strings and tie possession together, but played with other players who just want to endlessly pass it around the opposition box he becomes part of the problem

Giroud always the nearly man.

Nearly right.

They have nothing upfront. Giroud is a plodder, and isn't classy enough.

Soz

They have nothing upfront. Giroud is a plodder, and isn't classy enough.

:p

Thanks guys.

Giroud made me look like a right prat this season, I confidently said at start he'd find his feat this season and would score a bomb for some reason  :lol: He hasn't done terrible in many ways but yeah not world class or anything

Giroud made me look like a right prat this season, I confidently said at start he'd find his feat this season and would score a bomb for some reason  :lol: He hasn't done terrible in many ways but yeah not world class or anything

:thup: Expected much more from him as well.

Giroud never been a world class striker and isn't in a world-class team, but people seem to assume he should be getting 30 goals a season.

Arsenal paid under £10m for a striker who had played most of his career in Ligue 2, bar a couple of seasons at Montpellier where they had that freak title win in 11-12, which obviously put him on the market to the bigger clubs.

He's a good striker, not a great striker, which means he's right at Arsenal's current level. If they want to progress, they'll need better. Broadly speaking he puts weaker teams to the sword and struggles against better opposition. He's performed pretty much to expectations during his 2 seasons so far and has done quite well. 20 goals so far this season is a good return in itself, but as mentioned if Arsenal are to have serious title aspirations next year, they need someone who can perform just as well in games with their direct rivals.

They were lucky they didn't drop points against the team bottom of the league.... they don't need to turn to shit, just lose ( or 1 loss and a draw) to teams which would be expected to beat them.

Just don't say i didn't warn you when Arsenal finish 4th as per usual.

:lol: You remind me of that guy in the pub who is arguing at someone a point which they themselves aren't even disputing. Arsenal are favourites for 4th due to their fixtures and the fact we're even there shows a) how well we've done and b) how much Arsenal have dropped the ball. I'd expect Arsenal to finish above us but we've got every chance. I'm sort of expecting us not to do it out of nothing more than the feeling of the 'bigger' team inevitably getting the job done when it means the most.

Mind, you're probably overlooking our excellent record vs Man City. They absolutely hate coming to Goodison. And yes, every year I hear the same "ah but they're different this year, got better players." Just as much as they could turn up and spank us, we've got every chance of turning them over once again.

Giroud never been a world class striker and isn't in a world-class team, but people seem to assume he should be getting 30 goals a season.

Arsenal paid under £10m for a striker who had played most of his career in Ligue 2, bar a couple of seasons at Montpellier where they had that freak title win in 11-12, which obviously put him on the market to the bigger clubs.

He's a good striker, not a great striker, which means he's right at Arsenal's current level. If they want to progress, they'll need better. Broadly speaking he puts weaker teams to the sword and struggles against better opposition. He's performed pretty much to expectations during his 2 seasons so far and has done quite well. 20 goals so far this season is a good return in itself, but as mentioned if Arsenal are to have serious title aspirations next year, they need someone who can perform just as well in games with their direct rivals.

Thought they paid about 13 million for him?

Google says it was around 10mil. Good post Neil, there are definitely some weird expectations of him and I see a lot of people say he's shit when he's clearly got some ability, should've just never been a candidate for the lead striker at Arsenal. Will be a good second option if they can sign someone in the summer.

He's better than Torres, Ba, Dzeko, Hernandez, Welbeck and a few of the other strikers playing for the top teams. His failings aren't the cause of Arsenal's failings. He's a good player who you could win a title with, Chelsea are close to winning one with their strikers doing nothing.

He's better than Torres, Ba, Dzeko, Hernandez, Welbeck and a few of the other strikers playing for the top teams. His failings aren't the cause of Arsenal's failings. He's a good player who you could win a title with, Chelsea are close to winning one with their strikers doing nothing.

Better than Dzeko :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the amount of stick Giroud gets from Arsenal fans, makes me like him more when he shuts them up. Twitter last night was filled with Giroud shite from Arsenal fans then he pops up with that goal and suddenly they are saying they always knew he's capable of that.

He's got a lot of qualities to his game and is a good centre forward, think he'd benefit if he had someone playing alongside him rather than doing all the chasing up top on his own.

Guest neesy111

It's up to Arsenal fans if they want to criticize him or not.  They'll be a better judge of their players than us.

It's up to Arsenal fans if they want to criticize him or not.  They'll be a better judge of their players than us.

I wouldn't mind if they still slagged him off after his goal, but they change and praise him. Then next week they'll get beat and it's his fault again because they should have signed Suarez or something like that. Their fans are fucking dreadful, hate them. Wenger has had far too much criticism off them in recent times.

Knaka thinks he's shit so that's good enough reason for me to think otherwise.

In truth though he'd be far better if he wasn't flogged like a dead horse for Arsenal and was second fiddle to a better replacement as he may well be next season.

Get the feeling although his style probably suits someone like us more he'd have flopped terribly here.